VIDEO~Mother of 5 protests against Israel/Zionism and the FBI shows up at her home...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Reasoning, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Reasoning

Reasoning Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction...

I'm not a big fan of the guy who coined that quote but it seems to fit this video quite well...

I'm happy she had a video camera...

So I guess the question for discussion in this thread should be something along the lines of,

How do you feel about the FBI showing up at the homes of American citizens to interrogate them in response to their peaceful protests where they voice their opinion on foreign policy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0xwauFSOEo]YouTube - When the FBI Knocks on Your Door - KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! (please spread this video around)[/ame]

NOTE: Please keep the Israel/Palestine/Zionism/etc debate out of the thread as much as possible and stick to the issue at hand in the OP which is the FBI showing up at our homes...

(Note: That the video incorrectly states that the 1st amendment gives you the right to remain silent. It's actually the 5th.)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    The question:
    I think for one it's wrong, peaceful protests being the key word. I believe ONE of the goals of homeland security, the FBI, and any others would be to intimidate to a point where the average citizen is afraid to speak up in a peaceful manner. Government attempts to silence those who would dare to 'upset the apple cart', so that government can continue on with little or no opposition. On-Line 'Protests' such as message boards and discussion groups are just like standing in a park or other location today, and one can bet it is all monitored. Many chat rooms log EVERY word and every 'whisper', that is 'private' comments between members in a chat room. Same as in USMB, everything is logged forever. When on-line, anything you type is never 'private', it's for just about anyone.

This activity must be commonplace and most of the time not reported to anyone, and also if one thinks that site such as USMB are not monitored, think again. Any sites that have a gathering of people such as this one discussing government policies and it's people are all monitored, in my opinion.

No one in here is 'hiding' under a nick, if 'they' want your identity as the result of what they feel are inflammatory comments, that may suggest a dissatisfaction to a point of a violent outcome with property or individuals lives or personal injury threatened. it's as simple as probable cause, going to your ISP from the information provided by the SITE you visit. Even though, so far, it may be voluntary for ISP's to give 'them' all your private information, I am sure they all would cooperate only because it is the government, and it's intimidation has a lot of influence to many.

If anyone is interested in what homeland security can do then there are many links that will explain what 'they' can and cannot do............mostly CAN. I am not going to post links, it's too easy, and for those who are truly interested, research the links yourselves, then we'll discuss.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,757
    some pissant libturd called the FBI on a Tea Party type.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,757
    Why didn't she give them the name of "Bill Ayres" when they asked if she knew anyone who would committ acts of violence? :eusa_whistle:

5. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    That bitch is a nutjob!

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    There was an indication in the video that someone had reported her to the FBI, not that they were there because she protested something.

7. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Exactly.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    I never cease to be amazed at things people say in front of other people, like "so and so oughta be shot, horse whipped, etc.." Radical statements by people tend to bring some rough things down upon them. I know people get carried away, but protesting isn't the issue in this video. She most likely ran off at the mouth in front of the wrong person.

I know of someone who made a statement like that about a president once on a discussion board. Another poster reported the woman to the SS, and she disappeared from that forum forthwith never to return. I think she also lost her job.

9. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    She's a cool customer! Smart woman. Smart women are hard to intimidate. Smart women with video cameras are formidable.

10. Middleman

Middleman Defender of the month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +289
    The woman is definitely enjoying this.

Frankly, I'm glad that the FBI is keeping an eye on groups with Middle Eastern ties. They can be a threat, since they have proven to be a threat. And, just because someone has 5 kids doesn't mean they are above suspicion.