Video is PROOF that no racial comments were made.

Lets say a Code Pink rally is announced, and lets say there was a strong right leaning person who wanted to discredit this group. Could it be possible that some right thinking person goes to the rally and yells out (insert word) then the people viewing the video that I had another person record for evidence believe it was actually Code Pink who condones and thinks this way?

Sound absurd huh, but does this happen and can it happen...you bet your ass it would.

I really don't know how we would survive now a days with the LIES that democrats say about tea partiers--(without) those people out there with their own videos.

In this video it is clear that no tea partier is out there calling the black caucas "n....r"--nor does it appear that anyone was "spat" upon.

We have seen the left wing media in this country--"without any piece of evidence what-so-ever"--except the say-so of a couple of black congressmen--that they were called racial names & one stated that he was spat upon. The media picked that one up and ran with it.

The tea party movement has been BRANDED "racist" by the left wing media in this country. Maybe they should watch this video of what REALLY Happened.

Here is what these black congressmen said:

Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia’s John Lewis

Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol , angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted “******” Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis , a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus , lawmakers said.

“They were shouting, sort of harassing,” Lewis said. “But, it’s okay, I’ve faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean.”

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver , D- Mo. , said he was a few yards behind Lewis and distinctly heard “******.”

“It was a chorus,” Cleaver said. “In a way, I feel sorry for those people who are doing this nasty stuff – they’re being whipped up. I decided I wouldn’t be angry with any of them.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SCs6pSE8_I]YouTube - Congressional Black Caucus 3 20 2010 - original video[/ame]

A video can only prove that something DID happen, not that it didn't. There was a lot happening there and the video was limited in both time and scope.

Nice try....

We as a country already condemn the behavior.

Why should anyone on the right specifically condemn it this one time?

Becuase you want us to?

There you go, many have no problem with the behavior

Really?

What makes you say that?

Who in this country speaks for you that makes it so you dont have to condem it yourself?

Why is it OK to not say anything to discourage violence yet its OK to call the people who are saying the violence should be discouraged partisans and infer they only mention it for political reasons?

Last edited:
True.

But the more video that we see without such things happening is more proof that we have made great strides as a country as it pertains to racism.

25 years ago, we would have many more samples of racism without the advantage of so many video phones.

Why is the left not happy to see such great strides made?

Instead, they seem intent on finding SOMETHING.

View the video that TM posted right before my comment.

It clearly has someone yelling that word. Now, I have always since I heard it, that it is impossible to tell who yelled it and at whom they yelled it, but as far as I am concerned it is clear that the video contains the word.

Some have claimed it was dubbed in. I can't tell that it was, but I am not an editor and I cannot tell if it was or not. By the way, the ones that claimed that are in my opinion far right and thus must be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes, someone yelled the epitaph. But at whom and who was it?

Immie

And the point I have been trying to make but no one on the left will comment on is:

There were thousands of mostly white, angry people and with all of those cameras, reporterts and recorders, we should be proud as a nation that there were not many more examples of racism.

25 years ago, with 1/10 the amount of cameras, there would have been hundreds of examples of racism on video.

So why are we making a big deal about it?

I would prefer making a big deal out of the fact that it it just one or two out of a thousand that still use such epithets.

But no one, including the press, will do that.

We should be proud at our progress. Instead, the left and the media want us to be embarrassed by the actions of a very few.

Why is that?

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not on the left or that far left that I am willing to comment on that.

I will say the usage of that word by even one member of the group offends me. They are the side that I used to feel proud to be a part of, but I simply can't accept it. I would feel much better if I saw a mass of tea partiers stand up and say, "yes, it was yelled out and we condemn the person that said it" or even, "we did not hear it, however, we condemn the usage of racial slurs in our cause". Rather than excusing it.

Claiming that it wasn't said, when you can't know for sure that someone didn't say it within your hearing or that you weren't engrossed in your protests so that you did not notice it being said is no better than claiming that Rep Cleaver was deliberately spit upon by a man who approached him with the intent of spitting in his face.

Tea partiers should be denouncing all of this and the threats of violence rather than claiming they know it didn't happen because they didn't see or hear it. They can't be everyplace at once. Just because they didn't hear it or see it happen does not mean it didn't. And to stand there and say it didn't when you can't know for sure that it didn't costs you credibility in my point of view.

Immie

Last edited:
I really don't know how we would survive now a days with the LIES that democrats say about tea partiers--(without) those people out there with their own videos.

In this video it is clear that no tea partier is out there calling the black caucas "n....r"--nor does it appear that anyone was "spat" upon.

We have seen the left wing media in this country--"without any piece of evidence what-so-ever"--except the say-so of a couple of black congressmen--that they were called racial names & one stated that he was spat upon. The media picked that one up and ran with it.

The tea party movement has been BRANDED "racist" by the left wing media in this country. Maybe they should watch this video of what REALLY Happened.

Tea party protesters use racial epithet against Georgia’s John Lewis

Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol , angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted “******” Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis , a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus , lawmakers said.

“They were shouting, sort of harassing,” Lewis said. “But, it’s okay, I’ve faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean.”

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver , D- Mo. , said he was a few yards behind Lewis and distinctly heard “******.”

“It was a chorus,” Cleaver said. “In a way, I feel sorry for those people who are doing this nasty stuff – they’re being whipped up. I decided I wouldn’t be angry with any of them.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SCs6pSE8_I]YouTube - Congressional Black Caucus 3 20 2010 - original video[/ame]

A video can only prove that something DID happen, not that it didn't. There was a lot happening there and the video was limited in both time and scope.

Nice try....

Jillian,

You seem to be a wise woman. Are you also one that is not impressed that a thousand mostly white ANGRY people and despite so many reporters, cameras, and phone videos, we can only find one act of racism?

Personally, I am quite impressed.

The media should point out the great strides we have made in regard to racism. Believe it or not, the LACK of evidence despite so many cameras confirms this.

No?

YouTube - Congressional Black Caucus 3 20 2010 - original video

Nice try....

Jillian,

You seem to be a wise woman. Are you also one that is not impressed that a thousand mostly white ANGRY people and despite so many reporters, cameras, and phone videos, we can only find one act of racism?

The media should point out the great strides we have made in regard to racism. Believe it or not, the LACK of evidence despite so many cameras confirms this.

No?

Thank you for the compliment.

Things are better than they were race-wise. No question... if you compare things to 1955, there is a huge difference. No one could have imaginedBut, as with any evolving situation, things are not perfect. I think that the election of a black president has lit a fire under the racists. I think they have become very vocal. I think the whole birfer movement and tea party movement have a substantial racial basis.

I think race issues, like anti-semitism, have moments when they are dormant and moments when they are inflamed. Both seem to be at a burn right now. I'd like to see both disappear.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers.

True.

But the more video that we see without such things happening is more proof that we have made great strides as a country as it pertains to racism.

25 years ago, we would have many more samples of racism without the advantage of so many video phones.

Why is the left not happy to see such great strides made?

Instead, they seem intent on finding SOMETHING.

View the video that TM posted right before my comment.

It clearly has someone yelling that word. Now, I have always since I heard it, that it is impossible to tell who yelled it and at whom they yelled it, but as far as I am concerned it is clear that the video contains the word.

Some have claimed it was dubbed in. I can't tell that it was, but I am not an editor and I cannot tell if it was or not. By the way, the ones that claimed that are in my opinion far right and thus must be taken with a grain of salt.

Yes, someone yelled the epitaph. But at whom and who was it?

Immie

And the point I have been trying to make but no one on the left will comment on is:

There were thousands of mostly white, angry people and with all of those cameras, reporterts and recorders, we should be proud as a nation that there were not many more examples of racism.

25 years ago, with 1/10 the amount of cameras, there would have been hundreds of examples of racism on video.

So why are we making a big deal about it?

I would prefer making a big deal out of the fact that it it just one or two out of a thousand that still use such epithets.

But no one, including the press, will do that.

We should be proud at our progress. Instead, the left and the media want us to be embarrassed by the actions of a very few.

Why is that
?

Because the left, with the help of the msm, passed the biggest and most disliked piece of legislation, knowing the majority of the American public did not want it! So what the left did was turn and play the victim by fabricating these lies. Astroturf!

There you go, many have no problem with the behavior

Really?

What makes you say that?

Who in this country speaks for you that makes it so you dont have to condem it yourself?

Why is it OK to not say anything to discourage violence yet its OK to call the people who are saying the violence should be discouraged partisans and infer they only mention it for political reasons?

I give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume you condemn the actions of those that acted with violence against the Iraq war. I assume you condemn those that felt it necessary to cast a black mark on a funeral for a fallen soldier. I assume you condemn the act of murder inflicted on the pro life "sit in" guy. I assume you condemn the act of murder on the abortion doctor as well, as I do.

I do not ask my neighbor to confirm his HUMANITY with words. I assume he is a compassionate humane person by default. It is up to him to prove otherwise.

Correct me if I am worng, but I believe you assume all those with conservative beliefs are inhumane by default and it is up to us individually to prove otherwsie.

Am I correct?

Really?

What makes you say that?

I give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume you condemn the actions of those that acted with violence against the Iraq war. I assume you condemn those that felt it necessary to cast a black mark on a funeral for a fallen soldier. I assume you condemn the act of murder inflicted on the pro life "sit in" guy. I assume you condemn the act of murder on the abortion doctor as well, as I do.

I do not ask my neighbor to confirm his HUMANITY with words. I assume he is a compassionate humane person by default. It is up to him to prove otherwise.

Correct me if I am worng, but I believe you assume all those with conservative beliefs are inhumane by default and it is up to us individually to prove otherwsie.

Am I correct?

About what?

Am I correct?

About what?

LOL. I put it in bold so you would see it yet you still didnt see it.

Never mind.

I give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume you condemn the actions of those that acted with violence against the Iraq war.yes I did I assume you condemn those that felt it necessary to cast a black mark on a funeral for a fallen soldier.Yes I did I assume you condemn the act of murder inflicted on the pro life "sit in" guyNo idea of what you speak. I assume you condemn the act of murder on the abortion doctor as well, as I do.Yes I did

I do not ask my neighbor to confirm his HUMANITY with words. I assume he is a compassionate humane person by default. It is up to him to prove otherwise.I assume nothing about people

Correct me if I am worng, but I believe you assume all those with conservative beliefs are inhumane by default and it is up to us individually to prove otherwsie.This is not a real question but an infantile insult

Am I correct?

About what?

Never mind.

You may want to ask questions that are not designed to only insult and then actually put question marks at the end next time.

YouTube - Congressional Black Caucus 3 20 2010 - original video

Nice try....

Jillian,

No?

I saw an unruly crowd bent on intimidating our lawmakers. The fact that some went to excessive displays of hate can be expected. The choice of "KILL the Bill"......with an emphasis on the word KILL was no accident.
Subtle threats have been there since the first days of the Tea Party

About what?

Never mind.

You may want to ask questions that are not designed to only insult and then actually put question marks at the end next time.

Actually, he only asked one question and he did put a question mark after that question. The rest were all statements of his assumptions that he then asked if he was correct in his assumption. You only needed to answer one question.

Immie

Never mind.

Actually, he only asked one question and he did put a question mark after that question. The rest were all statements of his assumptions that he then asked if he was correct in his assumption. You only needed to answer one question.

Immie

And if I had just answered yes o no it would have been wrong.

Immie

No, it would simply have confirmed or denied his assumptions especially the last one:

Correct me if I am w[ro]ng, but I believe you assume all those with conservative beliefs are inhumane by default and it is up to us individually to prove otherw[is]e

I have to admit, that I think just about everyone here assumes that about you based on the statements you make day in and day out.

Immie

Lets say a Code Pink rally is announced, and lets say there was a strong right leaning person who wanted to discredit this group. Could it be possible that some right thinking person goes to the rally and yells out (insert word) then the people viewing the video that I had another person record for evidence believe it was actually Code Pink who condones and thinks this way?

Sound absurd huh, but does this happen and can it happen...you bet your ass it would.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I agree! I think it is a major strategy used everyday by every opposing side of everything! I think we have adopted the mentality that the end justifies the means without giving any thought whatsoever that what we think was probably shaped by these very same means by those seeking to deceive us for self serving purposes. I am against corruption, immorality, and injustices regardless of where they are coming from at any particular time. I am against abortion, gay rights, reparations of any kind that give special privileges to anyone 4 offenses said or done to the dead by the dead, and probably much that the RIGHT is against. However, I am also against any group that supports the ruthlessness and greed of the filthy rich corporations and corrupt powers. Therefore I can understand the anger over absurd Liberal extremes, but can not understand why that same anger was not directed at bush/cheney/rove and cohorts. UNLESS the anger was ignited by the method you describe!

I think most views are formed by the deceitful manipulative means of discrediting the opposition with little to no consideration of what the truth may be. We need not look much further than the family and the workplace to realize this is true. Unfortunately, we see and hear what SELF wants to see and hear and rising above SELF isn't a very popular endeavor.

Immie

No, it would simply have confirmed or denied his assumptions especially the last one:

Correct me if I am w[ro]ng, but I believe you assume all those with conservative beliefs are inhumane by default and it is up to us individually to prove otherw[is]e

I have to admit, that I think just about everyone here assumes that about you based on the statements you make day in and day out.

Immie

Only most on the right Immie.

Immie

Only most on the right Immie.

In your dreams. Anyone who reads your comments would believe that about you.

Immie

Go make a poll

I don't make polls. In fact, I have never made a poll on any one of the sites I have been associated with. I'm not even sure how to do it, but then I don't care.

You do it if you want to know what everyone thinks of you.

Immie

Forum List

Back