Video: Guy who’s been campaigning for president since 2004 suddenly against “perpetua

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
lots of links article and both videos at site....

SNIP:

posted at 5:10 pm on January 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

In which The One displays his enormous balls by daring to criticize anyone else for perpetual campaigning. (And yes, I realize that he’s used this line before, which only makes it funnier.) This is a guy who, immediately after he was elected to the Senate in November 2004, gave this answer when asked whether he was thinking of higher office:

You know, I am a believer in knowing what you’re doing when you apply for a job. And I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket, I would essentially have to start now, before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who might be comfortable doing that, but I’m not one of those people.

Turns out he was one of those people. He spent the next two years building cred with the left by filibustering judges whom he admitted were qualified and voting present on Senate resolutions to chastise MoveOn.org for smearing his future CIA director. He declared his candidacy in early 2007, spent a year and a half running for president, and then studiously ignored his campaign promises to tackle the greatest fiscal challenge of our age because it would have been too darned risky for his reelection bid. Instead he pushed cheap, inconsequential budget gimmicks to set up a class-warfare campaign this year against the GOP and unconstitutional recess appointments in hopes of baiting the “do-nothing Congress” he wants to run against into being even more confrontational. (He spends several paragraphs of the speech you’re about to watch whining about Mike Lee’s vow to block all of his nominees in protest of the illegal Cordray appointment.) It’s all electoral maneuvering. It’s all about the campaign. Always.

read it all with comments here.
Video: Guy who’s been campaigning for president since 2004 suddenly against “perpetual political campaigns” « Hot Air

Forum List

Back