Video: Fox News hammers Democrats again for Fannie/Freddie mess

hey,

i wonder when the depression hits...if watching faux n friends through the window of the bread line will leave ya feelin a little hollow?

i keep reading a figure of fannie/freddie having $380 million in subprime mortgages...lets say default rate gets up to 25% of those sub primes, (running about a 12% default rate now, i read somewhere), that's just $88 billion needed in immediate bailout for them....no?

what's the other $600 BILLION going to that the treasury is asking for, for?

care

i keep reading a figure of fannie/freddie having $380 million in subprime mortgages...lets say default rate gets up to 25% of those sub primes, (running about a 12% default rate now, i read somewhere), that's just $88 billion needed in immediate bailout for them....no?

what's the other $600 BILLION going to that the treasury is asking for, for?

care

why go small when you can go HUGE

Okay ... a bit off topic but it fits anyway, someone PLEASE explain to me this:

Is FOX liberal or conservative, both sides keep saying the other whenever they post a story against their beliefs?

Is FOX liberal or conservative, both sides keep saying the other whenever they post a story against their beliefs?

fox is very republican biased. i dont know of any liberal going to it for support. you have examples?

fox is very republican biased. i dont know of any liberal going to it for support. you have examples?

Umm .... but the republicans say they are democrat supporters, that's my point.

The reality of it: They are a news program, they will air anything that gives them ratings regardless of who it hurts or which side it is from. The news today is just sensationalism.

This demonstrates it better: What We Call the News | Funny Video Animation by JibJab

But still, why are people still buying into the 'news is liberal' and 'news is conservative' mentality?

Umm .... but the republicans say they are democrat supporters, that's my point.

The reality of it: They are a news program, they will air anything that gives them ratings regardless of who it hurts or which side it is from. The news today is just sensationalism.

This demonstrates it better: What We Call the News | Funny Video Animation by JibJab

But still, why are people still buying into the 'news is liberal' and 'news is conservative' mentality?

no, the repubs call the msm liberal. fox is the exception.

Thats refreshing....If you really don't hold an opinion on that ...YOU are obviously a person with an open, unbiased mind...and surely not a political hack.....
Watch Fox, even the talking heads will have both sides represented on most shows...unlike Obermann or Matthews .....and let the guest have "the last word"....
where the hell do see that on any other show....

Like they say a hundred times a day....FAIR AND BALANCED...and that translates as right wing to the liberal hacks...:lol:

Last edited:
Like they say a hundred times a day....FAIR AND BALANCED...and that translates as right wing to the liberal hacks...:lol:

one of the funniest things ive ever read. seriously, thank you.

everything rush limbaugh says is accurate

have i said it enough times to make it true? :D :lol:

[youtube]VgctSIL8Lhs[/youtube]

Still don't understand why anyone watches that garbage. Not that any of the other cable news networks are much better, but Fox News is pure crap. I really hope people do not get their information from that channel and believe its credible. I know everyone here on the board is better then that :eusa_whistle:

Thats refreshing....If you really don't hold an opinion on that ...YOU are obviously a person with an open, unbiased mind...and surely not a political hack.....
Watch Fox, even the talking heads will have both sides represented on most shows...unlike Obermann or Matthews .....and let the guest have "the last word"....
where the hell do see that on any other show....

My whole point was skewed by what you posted last. BOTH sides are saying it, not just one side. The worst part is that they usually quote the rare times that FOX actually posts real news instead of fluff.

Still don't understand why anyone watches that garbage. Not that any of the other cable news networks are much better, but Fox News is pure crap. I really hope people do not get their information from that channel and believe its credible. I know everyone here on the board is better then that :eusa_whistle:

I prefer BBC if I actually watch TV. Most of the time I just piece it together from what I find online.

I believe most people who are intelligent enough to have a discussion on the credibility of news networks will make a well informed vote. I'm just worried about the sea of voters who do not question the news they see on TV.

What freaken difference does it make what show you watch. They ALL have their partisan talking points down and rarely go off point. At least on FOX you have both liberals and conservatives reciting them non stop. You can't say that about MSNBC and CNN.

hey,

i wonder when the depression hits...if watching faux n friends through the window of the bread line will leave ya feelin a little hollow?

If you want everyone to find out -vote Obama. I've already gotten as close to a depression as I ever need to see. It was under Carter -you know the guy who first inflicted on Americans the same policies Obama is holding out now? What is it with idiot liberals anyway? Either they are ignorant of history and insist it has nothing to teach them anyway -or even when they KNOW what happened before, they are so convinced that historically failed systems and policies will surely produce the exact OPPOSITE results if we just try them out one more time. If I talk you into letting me hit you in the head with a hammer and tell you it won't hurt at all, you will have learned the hard way that it actually hurts a whole lot. You would wisely decide you will never let me hit you in the head with a hammer ever again. But suppose Charlie comes along and says let HIM hit you in the head with a hammer because THIS time that hammer to head will feel really good. Are you seriously going to be dumb enough to fall for that? Then don't ask me to fall for Carter's disastrous policies again just because its someone else who wants to inflict them on us.

Obama's old Carter policies inflicted massive economic damage and brought us to the brink of a depression. Those who suffered the worst for his policies were those at the very bottom. Carter policies will never miraculously produce the exact opposite result from what they already proved happens when they are enacted -and anyone who says they will is a liar.

So no vote for Obama from me. Been there, done that -it really sucked last time around and I don't need to be hit in the head with a hammer just ONE more time to know they still really suck.

What freaken difference does it make what show you watch. They ALL have their partisan talking points down and rarely go off point. At least on FOX you have both liberals and conservatives reciting them non stop. You can't say that about MSNBC and CNN.

Some people really do believe that unless news stations make it obvious they are in the tank for a Democrat candidate and only have negative stories about the other guy, why its just not FAIR! Must be why Hillary boycotted NBC and all its affiliates entirely and publicly said that of all news reporting, FOX was the most fair in their reporting. Too bad it took being a victim of that liberal media bias for her to finally admit it existed though.

I don't NEED or WANT any news anchorman who is pretending to be "unbiased" tell me even through innuendo who HE is supporting, or to try and manipulate my opinions with slanted reporting and the deliberate omission of important facts. Just report the freaking news, ALL of it without making it up or deliberately leaving out vital facts -and I'll make up my own damn mind about what I think about it.

The basis for the left's hysteria regarding Fox are not about their actual news reporting -its just straightforward news reporting. I have NEVER missed out on a single news story, the FULL story -by listening to Fox news. I wish I could say the same thing about other stations. In fact, Fox news often has a segment devoted to letting viewers know what other stations didn't bother to tell them or what was omitted from a story (deliberately or not) when those omitted facts changed the entire story. Its very effective.

The REAL complaint about Fox is the fact that on their news analysis shows (not news reporting) they don't toe the liberal idea of "fair and balanced" by having on at least 3 liberals to one conservative and then pretending THAT is "fair and balanced". In my world that's called "ganging up". Fox doesn't "gang up" on either conservatives or liberals but allows each side to equally explain and fully discuss their views -and GASP, they not only have well-spoken liberals, they commit the crime of allowing well-spoken conservatives to speak instead of putting on some off-the-wall whacko and pretending he represents the entirety of conservative opinion. To a liberal, this represents a true atrocity. From the shrill level of hysteria, apparently one they consider to be nearly on a par with the Holocaust. We all know that even with a lock on all other news stations and much of the printed media, the existence of a single station that doesn't toe their line of ganging up on conservatives CANNOT be tolerated in a country with free speech!

Forum List

Back