[VIDEO] ~ Feds want "kill switch" power over the internet...

Do you trust the Federal Govt. enough to give them this power?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
This is straight up scary...

The idea of the feds being able to just up and decide that a particular site fits whatever criteria they write for themselves and then shut it down at their leisure should outrage all Americans imo...

Do you trust the fed govt enough to give them this power?

CNN Coverage
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4anGO1TVo]YouTube - INTERNET KILL SWITCH![/ame]

These imbeciles aren't capable or competent in dealing with those things they are constitutionally delegated to handle. Damn giving them any powers that contradict constitutional freedoms.

I answered "yes" in the sidebar without reading the question.

I would like to change my answer, Regis.

A nice slippery slope. I agree that they should have the right to shut down terrorists sites, but where do they stop?

Theoretically, the Federal government would be able to shut down the internet by shutting down the telephone and cable networks.

But what about satellite? What about satellite phones?

There is not much they could do about that. And what will happen is that satellite internet companies will start to open offshore, and will supply people with internet service that cannot be blocked by the government.

it is so tipically liberal m.o.s. to assume that the topic is even open for discussion. it's the world wide web, by definition the kill switch would have to be in the hague. and you know those ducth. there is also "radio performance tax"n and "equal airtime for the ariannas" on the radio. finally, the government is issued a key to your house, in case they need to come in to check your fridge and change your thermostat

I guess AlGore should have considered this.

Maybe he could put a redesign plan into effect now that he's not banging Tipper anymore.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jUkkhs3NCE]YouTube - Killswitch Engage-Holy Diver Music Video[/ame]

Killswitch Engaged I have this on my iPod

it is so tipically liberal m.o.s. to assume that the topic is even open for discussion. it's the world wide web, by definition the kill switch would have to be in the hague. and you know those ducth. there is also "radio performance tax"n and "equal airtime for the ariannas" on the radio. finally, the government is issued a key to your house, in case they need to come in to check your fridge and change your thermostat

“America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.” "White folks greed runs a world in need" -- BH Obama.....this is really disturbing

Last edited:

Forum List

Back