[VIDEO] ~ Cops Taser Senior Citizen in His Own Home After He Tells Them To Leave...

If you were the police officer's supervisor would you fire this officer?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I wonder why Madeline just ran away from this thread without offering any opinion on what exactly it was I am wrong about here........... No actually, I don't wonder.

Proving that you don't understand what tasers are for. They are not designated as deadly weapons, they are designated as control weapons. And they are specifically designed so that one officer may control a situation which otherwise might require several officers. In today's world of budget restraints, that is necessary. One officer armed with a taser is certainly cheaper than three officers.

The fact of the matter is that not enough people get tasered, if more people who resisted LEO were tasered people would get the message, don't fight cops.

You don't agree that there is a fucking problem when a 70 + year old lady thinks she can just refuse to sign a ticket push a cop towards oncoming traffic and then just drive off?

Sure some LEO abuse the taser, but used correctly it is a vital weapon, and not every instance of its use is an abuse. You clearly think that it is.

The Taser might not be designated as a deadly weapon, but that does not mean it does not kill, it is just less likely to kill than a ballistic missile. The proper term for these are less lethal, not control, weapons.

I understand the economics of issuing Tasers, I just think that LEOs have to understand that they are not to be used simply because they are not obeying orders. That is mostly the fault of the companies marketing these weapons, and their insistence that it is perfectly safe to use them, electricity is never perfectly safe.

Please note that I did not mention the old woman who was Tased by the cop by the side of the road, so please do not imply that I said that she was not endangering the officer, or even people driving by the traffic stop. That happens to be a good example of when a Taser could be justified, because it met all of the conditions I listed earlier.

But until LEOs understand that Tasers are weapons, and they treat them like they are, including mandatory investigations and counseling after each use, just like they do with any other weapon, they will not be properly used. They should only be used when a life is in danger, period. If cops thought that way there would be one less dead young man in Oakland, and one more transit security officer not awaiting sentencing on a manslaughter charge.

Treating Tasers as a control device, or a punishment device, justifies shooting someone who is already being held down simply because he is mouthing off. Pulling a gun in that situation is unconscionable, and it should be just as unconscionable to pull a Taser.

Forum List

Back