Video Captures Police Handcuffing 5-Year-Old Girl

it's so funny to me, in a sad way...these types of things can be prevented/reduced in frequency simply by having enough love for our kids to beat them when they act up.

(sigh)

budboomer said:
My only point was that the parents should have been called instead of the police. The parents were too busy running to a lawyer.

Actually on the video it's clear that the parent had been called but couldn't leave work to come get her.

The child had no respect for the teachers and didn't see them as authority figures at all. She was clearly trying to see how far she could push them.

Corporal punishment was allowed when I went to school and my parents made it very clear that if I ever had to get spanked at school I would have another one coming when I got home. At my childrens school they don't allow spanking, but if my child smacked a teacher I wouldn't be surprised if he got his hand smacked at least, and he'd deserve it.

mom4 said:
That is the truth! This is why I spank. There might be a child who could be raised without physical discipline, however, we've all got hard heads in my house. Spanking should never be a "last resort." By that time, emotions have escalated, and the parent is less in control. At our house, spanking is done for certain offenses: Defiance is an automatic spank. Repeated disobedience=defiance (you have to make sure the kid understands that he is disobeying, for very small kids). Spanking should start around age two, and should not be used past age 10. My eight-year old has only had about one spanking in the past year, the same for my seven-year-old. Of course, they are girls, and they listen better. The boys (3 & 5) are spanked maybe 1-2 times a week, sometimes go a few weeks without an offense, then they start to test the boundaries again. At younger ages, they simply do not understand "reasoning" and "another person's point of view." I think many times, spanking can be prevented with attention to the child. If they get enough attention, they don't act up nearly as much. Of course, I'm lucky; I get to be with them all day.

As for a teacher spanking my child, no. The principal at our school is allowed to spank, but the parent must be notified, and a police witness must be present. We have a policeman stationed at our school campus every day.

I agree, I've got 4 kids myself and I do spank. Kids need to know that there are consiquences to their actions. I think a lot of people confuse spanking with beating, they're a huge difference.

My oldest is 12 (boy) and he doesn't get spanked any more I think he's to old. He didn't really get spanked to much when he was younger either since he hated to sit still and that worked great as a punishment. My 7 yr old (boy) though is very hard headed and stubborn and still gets a swat every now and again.

I don't think any of my kids would dare to act like that in school. In fact my 7 yr old was watching the video with me and made a comment "why would she do that to her teachers"?

budboomer said:
My only point was that the parents should have been called instead of the police. The parents were too busy running to a lawyer.

Nope, mom did NOT answer the calls. Often find this, not only with BD kids, but those who are basically disorganized, rude, socially inept. 95 out of 100 times, kids that are 'on target' have parents that not only answer phones, but show for conferences, return notes, and CALL the teacher if something weird is going on with the kid or at home.

This is a story of something that happened in my son's third grade class, granted it was nothing like this little girl, but here is the diffrence between parent's who care and parent's who just don't give a F$#k!

My son has always been a very well behaved child, I have never had any problems with him in school as far as behavior goes.

About 3 weeks ago his teacher sent home a note telling me that my son had found 2 candy bars by the cubbies in the back of the classroom, some other child dared him to take them, so he did, he ate one and gave one to a friend.

I was very upset about that, I sat him down and told him you know better then to take something that does not belong to you, what were you thinking? He said this other kid dared him to do it. I said well guess what you are now going to buy 2 candy bars with your money to replace those 2, he said but I didn't eat both of them, my friend ate one! I said doesn't matter they weren't yours to give away!

The point is more parent's need to take an active role in their child's lives, or they will end up with children like that!

I hope that made sense I am trying to type and talk at the same time! :D Damn I hate when that happens!

-=d=- said:
it's so funny to me, in a sad way...these types of things can be prevented/reduced in frequency simply by having enough love for our kids to beat them when they act up.

(sigh)

I am all for spanking, do so myself with wonderful results. But I think this little girl has some other problems. Either she has some sort of disorder or she is completely lacking in parental love and guidance. I tend to think the latter bc it was obviously a repeat performance and bc the parent would not come get her child. I think many BDs would magically disappear if parents would look in their children's eyes, listen to them, spend time with them, speak calmly to them instead of being impatient/ annoyed. My sister is a special ed teacher for kindergarten, and she has told me some heart-rending stories. The parents are just too into themselves to be bothered with the little brats.

mom4 said:
The parents are just too into themselves to be bothered with the little brats.

It's people like that who need to be sterilized!

For those who haven't kept up with this the parents of the little girl have a lawyer and are looking into suing the police in this case. It's also being called racist..

Trigg said:
For those who haven't kept up with this the parents of the little girl have a lawyer and are looking into suing the police in this case. It's also being called racist..

Those parents are doing more to promote racism than anything...they are perpetuating a stereotype of people just out to make a buck.

Trigg said:

They need to take some of that money for the lawyer and put it into some counseling for the kid. If they think giving her sympathy for behavior will get her anywhere in life,they ought to think again!! I heard her mother on the news this morning whining. Didn't hear a whole lot tho...I was half asleep.

krisy said:
They need to take some of that money for the lawyer and put it into some counseling for the kid. If they think giving her sympathy for behavior will get her anywhere in life,they ought to think again!! I heard her mother on the news this morning whining. Didn't hear a whole lot tho...I was half asleep.

Agreed, if the parents don't put a stop to disruptive behavior now, she'll be seeing alot more of the police in years to come.

It'll be interresting to see what the police do with this, most police forces are touchy about being called racists. Wonder if they'll give her money to shut her up or if they'll stand they're ground.

-=d=- said:
people are handcuffed as much for their safety as for that of the officers.

The little girl needs a severe beating from somebody who loves her enough to do it.

:(

She did seem really out of control for no reason? Not being a parent I wouldn't know how to calm her down without some kind of restraints, but maybe a counselor first would have diffused the situation?

The authorities (police and school) were damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they do nothing, the other kids have no chance to learn. If they restrain her, they are using excessive force, if they ignore her, they are not catering to her feelings, if they expel her, they are not understanding of her issues. No matter what, they (the authorities) were going to lose this battle because the parent doesn't know how to raise her child.

freeandfun1 said:
The authorities (police and school) were damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they do nothing, the other kids have no chance to learn. If they restrain her, they are using excessive force, if they ignore her, they are not catering to her feelings, if they expel her, they are not understanding of her issues. No matter what, they (the authorities) were going to lose this battle because the parent doesn't know how to raise her child.

Exactly. This is the abject state to which the ACLU and other PC lawyers have brought us to.

1) Anybody in their right mind would think it crazy to call the police in on a 5 year old. But the school did it because they had no alternatives to gain control of a bad situation. This is absolutely insane - for professional teachers to have to call in policemen to control a small child having a tantrum. Is this what teachers are learning in the universities these days? I am not surprised as the liberals are bent on controlling us with a police state.

2) Now the school is going to get sued anyway because the ACLU and other PC lawyers target "racism". Next time the school will remember to request black policemen for black children. Liberalism is so crazy that it is hard to keep on top of all the legal nuances of any situation.

3) Notice how the school had video cameras set up. Why? Because the school must protect itself against all sorts of legal accusations. We are losing our privacy bit by bit as the state, aided by the lawyers, takes over.

4) Notice how the vice principle was acting like a stupid ninny waving her hands in front of the kid, letting her get up on the table 6 times and then taking her down from it 6 times, stupidly saying "that is not acceptable", "that is not acceptable", while the kid continues to wreck the room. This is because if the teacher were to raise her voice or take the kid by the arm and forcibly place her in a chair loudly telling her to SIT & BEHAVE! she would have been most likely arrested and charged with child abuse by the PC lawyers.

This incident is a perfect example of how the ACLU and PC lawyers are choking the freedoms in our country and gaining control of our children, our teachers, and eventually all of us. They have set up the situation so that nobody can win except them.

ScreamingEagle said:
Exactly. This is the abject state to which the ACLU and other PC lawyers have brought us to.

1) Anybody in their right mind would think it crazy to call the police in on a 5 year old. But the school did it because they had no alternatives to gain control of a bad situation. This is absolutely insane - for professional teachers to have to call in policemen to control a small child having a tantrum. Is this what teachers are learning in the universities these days? I am not surprised as the liberals are bent on controlling us with a police state.

2) Now the school is going to get sued anyway because the ACLU and other PC lawyers target "racism". Next time the school will remember to request black policemen for black children. Liberalism is so crazy that it is hard to keep on top of all the legal nuances of any situation.

3) Notice how the school had video cameras set up. Why? Because the school must protect itself against all sorts of legal accusations. We are losing our privacy bit by bit as the state, aided by the lawyers, takes over.

4) Notice how the vice principle was acting like a stupid ninny waving her hands in front of the kid, letting her get up on the table 6 times and then taking her down from it 6 times, stupidly saying "that is not acceptable", "that is not acceptable", while the kid continues to wreck the room. This is because if the teacher were to raise her voice or take the kid by the arm and forcibly place her in a chair loudly telling her to SIT & BEHAVE! she would have been most likely arrested and charged with child abuse by the PC lawyers.

This incident is a perfect example of how the ACLU and PC lawyers are choking the freedoms in our country and gaining control of our children, our teachers, and eventually all of us. They have set up the situation so that nobody can win except them.

:clap:

Forum List

Back