Video: Blacktip Sharks goes crazy in Fla. Surf

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This news report about black tip Sharks going crazy in Florida surf is a must see. They are using a lure that is called a top water lure to bring these sharks to the surface. Here is the story and the video.........

Blacktip sharks go crazy in Florida surf GrindTV.com
Screen-Shot-2015-04-02-at-2.07.44-PM.png

Nothing is more exciting in fishing than watching a fish explode out of the water to pounce on a topwater lure, so you can only imagine the experience of seeing a school of migrating blacktip sharks in a topwater feeding frenzy on a beach in Palm Beach County, Florida.

“This is probably the coolest fishing I’ve ever done in my life,” Joshua Jorgensen of BlacktipH Fishing said in the intro of his team’s latest video, showing epic footage of blacktip sharks going crazy on the surface.

To keep the action going, Jorgensen and his BlacktipH Fishing team removed the hooks from their topwater jigs and made casts into the surf.

“Our mission was to film the sharks attacking the plugs; I didn’t want to waste any time fighting the sharks,” Jorgensen told GrindTV.

The result is this incredible video:

Amazing how close these sharks are to shore, isn't it?

Last edited:
What I found amazing was that they came right up within feet of the edge of the shoreline! Who knew they swam in the breakers or even in two or three feet of water? I wasn't aware of their swimming so close to shore! Truly amazing video footage! The lures certainly brought them to the surface!

They migrate up the eastern Florida coast every year. ...As I know now. When I was snorkeling off the eastern coast way back I didn't know, and ignorance was bliss. :)

Look at these blacktips off the coast of NC, Delta. They swam right up to the guys feet standing on shore. They are swimming in less than a few inches of water in this video - thrashing about - amazing video! Note the gulls flying above the waters? The reason the birds are flying above the waters is that they know there is fish in the water - the same reason the sharks are there. What is true in the spirit is true in nature. Where there are lost souls and the Gospel is being preached by Fishers of men? You can be sure there are also birds of prey flying over head and sharks circling about the waters too. Wherever the Gospel is preached, Satan and his hunters are there to snatch the word & devour the lost. Guaranteed!

Too bad they didn't make it ashore in time for spring break (just kidding) Apparently "black tips" aren't considered to be an aggressive shark. If you want to swim with the fishes you need to know the difference between bull sharks and photogenic sharks.

Forum List

Back