Victory against illegal Immigration

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
in Massachusetts

If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere!!

by Mac Johnson

As far as the media is concerned, good news is no news -- especially when the news is good for conservatives. That’s why an absolutely amazing grassroots victory against illegal immigration last week occurred in virtual obscurity.

I didn’t expect a story with far-reaching political implications for the whole nation to get the same kind of front-page coverage that one usually associates with classified anti-terror operations, but even I was surprised at how little attention the upset victory was given. Consider what happened and judge for yourself the importance of the story.

Several months ago, the facilitators and proponents of uncontrolled illegal immigration began a campaign in Massachusetts to make immigration criminals eligible for the in-state tuition rate when attending public colleges in the Commonwealth.

According to Massachusetts Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey, this would amount to a taxpayer-funded loss of nearly $9,000 per illegal alien student at the university level.

Under this law, illegal aliens who sneak into Massachusetts would be given more access to state education than United States citizens from the other 49 states --including many in New Hampshire and Rhode Island who’s parents have legally worked in Massachusetts their whole lives.

The law would also, of course, reward people for breaking our federal laws, encourage further illegal immigration, and be yet another step in the de facto stealth amnesty that many politicians are working to gradually effect against the wishes of the actual citizens of the United States.

But despite the bill being a ridiculous piece of pandering and an assault on the rule of law, it was sure to pass. Nine other states have passed such laws already, and this is Massachusetts we’re talking about, after all. In addition to being perhaps the most liberal state in America, Massachusetts is occupied by a surprisingly large number of illegal aliens, who are every bit as vocal as their handlers have trained them to be.

And then there is the Massachusetts legislature to consider. Of the 160 state representatives, a whopping 20 are Republicans. Yup. You read that correctly. If you think a two-party system is frustrating, you should try dealing with a one party system. And just as one might expect of a system in which few representatives will ever face a viable challenger, the legislature of Massachusetts is not very responsive to the concerns of its voters.

So the only question was whether the bill would pass by a large enough margin to override a promised veto from Republican Gov. Mitt Romney, who functions as a sort of living insurance policy to keep the 87% Democrat legislature from entirely seceding from the United States and joining Communist Cuba.

For those opposed to the bill, the weeks before the vote were thus a little like the last moments before a car crash: you’ve obviously lost control of the car and now you just have to watch in slow motion to see exactly how hard you’re going to hit the tree.

But then it happened. A small revolt began. In the crackling electromagnetic hinterlands of talk radio (conservative even in Massachusetts), people began to gather and passions began to rise. Numerous talk-show hosts, foremost among which was Howie Carr of WRKO in Boston, took up the cause in disgust and sparked a surprisingly intense grassroots wildfire.
Apparently, people are sick of the games and the giveaways and the corruption and the pandering associated with illegal immigration.

They are sick of the concept of citizenship being treated as some sort of anachronistic technicality. They are sick of politicians believing they can do anything to get one more vote from illegal interest groups and that the citizens they are supposed to serve will never do anything about it.

And they are sick of working by the rules everyday under the burden of heavy taxation and regulation just to see their money frittered away on the undeserving -- while opportunities for their own children are threatened.

So people -- a lot of people -- began to call and email their representatives and communicate to them how passionately they opposed this silly, corrupt bill.

The response was overwhelming, and politicians finally began to worry more about losing lots of votes from average citizens than about gaining a few extra votes from the criminal alien lobby.

When the final vote came, the bill (H 1230) did not pass by a veto-proof supermajority. It did not pass at all. It was defeated by a crushing 96 to 57 vote. The bill, which had been so assured of passage that it had 54 co-sponsors confidently attach their names to it before the revolt began, could not find more than three additional “yea” votes after the revolt was heard.

When something like this occurs in the most liberal state in the country, despite the best efforts of the one-party machine, the speaker of the House (Sal DiMasi), the Boston Globe, the state attorney general and gubernatorial wannabe (Tom Riley), and the other anointed elites, a turning point has been reached. Such an event has national political implications.

"America is fighting for its sovereignty today”, argued Rep. Marie Parente, a Democrat from Milford, explaining her vote against the bill. Consider how far we have come when Pat Buchanan’s words begin coming out of a Massachusetts Democrat’s mouth. They probably agree on nothing else, but they are both firmly in the new mainstream on this point.

The canary in the illegal immigration mine just died. When enough people speak, even politicians begin to get it. There is hope.

I just thought you should know. And it’s not like you are going to be told this story in the New York Times.
Mr. Johnson, a writer and medical researcher in Cambridge, MA., is a regular contributor to Human Events. His column generally appears on Monda

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=11613

What an incredibly stupid story

"Necormancer has a supernatural ability to bring long-dead forum discussion threads back to life. After having been flogged to death the thread may have been deceased for many years, and bringing it back may have scant relevance to the current topic, yet Necromancer will unexpectedly exhume the thread’s rotting corpse, and strike horror in the forum as its grotesque form lurches into the discussion. The monster, instantly recognized by all who knew it in life, seems at first to breathe and have a pulse, but, alas, it is beyond Necromancer’s skill to fully restore the thread’s original vitality. The hideous apparition may frighten away some of the weaker Warriors or Warriors badly wounded in former battles, but the thread is only a shadow of its former self and very quickly expires.

Unlike Archivist, Necromancer compulsively saves every forum message in carefully preserved archives for future use in battle, while Necromancer collects departed threads merely for the thrill of resurrecting them. Some say he performs this unnatural act out of malice, others say he can’t help himself, but no one really knows."

:eusa_whistle:

What an incredibly stupid story

How so?

I think it's great that the people of Mass. spoke and their representatives listened. I hope they now all write their federal representatives as I know mine aren't listening to me.

I've written to my senators about limited resources and illegal immigration, they answered with form letters on why they are in favor of the DREAM act. I've written to them about Alberto Lozano, an official representative of the Mexican government declaring "this has been and will be Mexico again". Another form letter on why they are in favor of the DREAM act.

The DREAM act will override all that the Mass. voters just did.

"Necormancer has a supernatural ability to bring long-dead forum discussion threads back to life. After having been flogged to death the thread may have been deceased for many years, and bringing it back may have scant relevance to the current topic, yet Necromancer will unexpectedly exhume the thread’s rotting corpse, and strike horror in the forum as its grotesque form lurches into the discussion. The monster, instantly recognized by all who knew it in life, seems at first to breathe and have a pulse, but, alas, it is beyond Necromancer’s skill to fully restore the thread’s original vitality. The hideous apparition may frighten away some of the weaker Warriors or Warriors badly wounded in former battles, but the thread is only a shadow of its former self and very quickly expires.

Unlike Archivist, Necromancer compulsively saves every forum message in carefully preserved archives for future use in battle, while Necromancer collects departed threads merely for the thrill of resurrecting them. Some say he performs this unnatural act out of malice, others say he can’t help himself, but no one really knows."

:eusa_whistle:

It was SW2 who necroed this thread.

Thanks for your black and white commentary, John. Now back to the game, starting the second half!

Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team.

My maternal great grand parents immigrated here, legally, from Germany. They were Jews that converted to Christianity, long before they came to America , by pressures to conform to "THE NORM". Well, here we are now, arguing about conformity, what's normal and popular expectations. America is a land of contradictions. But, my ideal is a land that recognizes diversity, yes. I feel America, my fatherland is being co-oped for the benefit of short sighted people and the sake of profit. I quote from the German poet, Christian Johann Heinrich Heine : " Ich hatte einst ein schönes Vaterland, Es war ein Traum." I once had a fatherland, it was dream... it's being stolen from under my feet by foreigners. And even worse, with the help of Americans with mistaken ideals . I feel the loss and feel helpless to turn back the tide. There isn't any victories to celibate. We are losing. It saddens me.

Your maternal great-grandparents likely did not need visas, green cards, or any other variety of certification. In those days, it was simply a matter of making it to Ellis Island.

Can we take your mention of this as an advocacy of a policy that would permit the same for modern immigrants?

Your maternal great-grandparents likely did not need visas, green cards, or any other variety of certification. In those days, it was simply a matter of making it to Ellis Island.

Can we take your mention of this as an advocacy of a policy that would permit the same for modern immigrants?
Funny. The key word that I saw was "legally," but the key word that you saw was "Ellis Island."

I mean , there is a difference between illegal aliens and Immigrants. It's like the difference between night and day. Please. If you don't grasp that, you prove my point, Agnostic apostolate.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
That is not really intellectually honest, nor does it really matter.

How so?

I mean , there is a difference between illegal aliens and Immigrants. It's like the difference between night and day. Please. If you don't grasp that, you prove my point, Agnostic apostolate.

There is a difference between illegal immigrants and illegal "aliens"? I would think that your German forebears would be greater "aliens" to this country than modern Latin American immigrants, since many are descended from the indigenous population of this land.

What is the difference you are referring to? Past legal immigrants and modern illegal immigrants both decided to make the journey to the United States, and they made it.

Ellis Island wasn't just a border. IT was a checkpoint where they did check you. There was a process. They recorded your arrival and made sure that you brought no diseases and the like. There is no such place on the southern boarder where Mexicans are going to pass any standards.

Then, it doesn't matter because what is good for the United States at one era is not necessarily always good. There was even a point at which we did say enough is enough and closed off Ellis Island to the traffic that it had once accepted.

Unlike the illegal aliens, my forefathers immigrated in every sense of the word. The acclimated. They did more than just learn English.Hispanic illegal aliens, they don't have to a bloody thing. Because, people like you , agnanost, like to ..hmm, what's the word? Enable them in some kind of weird co-dependant crap I can't even begin to understand? So, tell me brother, why can't they immigrate legally? I gotta hear this. Why not?

no it wasnt.....my grandfather had to have proof he had someone here,and a job lined up,this was early 1900's......but then he was from Italy,and we know how people whose names end in a vowel got treated.......

Forum List

Back