Victoria Secret Perfect Body Ads and American Fascism

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Petition Calls for Victoria's Secret to Pull 'Perfect Body' Ads

The critics claim that

“Every day women are bombarded with advertisements aimed at making them feel insecure about their bodies, in the hope that they will spend money on products that will supposedly make them happier and more beautiful,” the group writes. “This marketing campaign is harmful.

Amazingly no one criticizes the welfare/warfare state purveyors who are constantly bombarding us with the danger of ISIS and similar bogeymen in order to steal our money, our lives and our rights.

No one criticizes those who advocate manipulating the government into stealing, plundering , looting our wealth because we have a responsibility to pay our "fair share" , we have a duty to feed, clothe, insure and quench the thirst of those who live amongst us.

For some reason those advertisements are not considered harmful.

I forgot the question. :biggrin:

The Bogeyman Industry

Butler Shaffer

John: A wonderful treatment of how the state’s bogeyman racket works can be found in the fictional work, Report From Iron Mountain. It helps to explain the post-Soviet Union crisis in which the American political establishment - left without a hobgoblin to terrorize Boobus into surrendering his/her liberty, property, children, and grandchildren – has had to fabricate new imagined threats, be they drug-dealers, child-abductors [remember all those pictures of children on milk-cartons?], terrorists, immigrants, even aliens from other solar systems! As long as Boobus continues to engage in this cranial-rectal-inversion, the Bushes, Clintons, Obamas, Cheneys, Holders, Pelosis, McCains, Bachmanns, et al. will continue to have work.

The whole of the advertising industry should be considered the same.

Coca-Cola for example. Their drink contains too much sugar, isn't great for your body in any way, shape or form. Too many people end up becoming obese because they put unnecessary sugar into their bodies. The advertising of this product is a clear reason why people drink it in the first place.

For example I knew a guy from Wisconsin who bought Pepsi when he could have free Coca-Cola, why? Because he was so taken in by the image Pepsi had given him, that it was the drink of poor people, that he couldn't go with Coca-Cola's image, but could with Pepsi's.

The same for many other companies, McDonalds and their sub-standard burgers and other rubbish is another great example.

How is it different promoting food that is simply killing people, to advertising bodies that are considered perfect?

Often the reality is people have bought into both, so they eat and drink badly, and then get depressed when they don't get to be like the models. Who's to blame? Who is blaming Coca-Cola and McDonalds?

What does society want to do about it?

The simple answer is this. EDUCATION.

First food and health education that teaches kids what they doing, the consequences of their actions when it comes to exercise and eating and so on.

Second, teaching people how to achieve their goals, but also to be happy doing what they want to do. If they want to eat rubbish food then they shouldn't be depressed about how they look.

And so on....

My opinion is that we should applaud such ads. After all doesn't every golfer want to golf like Tiger even though they never will? It is a goal. So pictures of the Victoria Secret women, by today's standard, is a goal.

Why would anyone use a picture like this as a marketing tool to sell anything?

heavyswim-600x302.jpg

Liberals are victims of life. It's always somebody else's fault because they are simply products of their environment. That's why they want mommy government looking out for them.

Petition Calls for Victoria's Secret to Pull 'Perfect Body' Ads

The critics claim that

“Every day women are bombarded with advertisements aimed at making them feel insecure about their bodies, in the hope that they will spend money on products that will supposedly make them happier and more beautiful,” the group writes. “This marketing campaign is harmful.

Amazingly no one criticizes the welfare/warfare state purveyors who are constantly bombarding us with the danger of ISIS and similar bogeymen in order to steal our money, our lives and our rights.

No one criticizes those who advocate manipulating the government into stealing, plundering , looting our wealth because we have a responsibility to pay our "fair share" , we have a duty to feed, clothe, insure and quench the thirst of those who live amongst us.

For some reason those advertisements are not considered harmful.

Your words are lost...............Those are some babes and they sell...........Which is what the ads are supposed to do...................

To the other points..........tough titties................

Liberals are victims of life. It's always somebody else's fault because they are simply products of their environment. That's why they want mommy government looking out for them.

True enough, the biggest sin for a liberal is someone who makes them feel bad about themselves. That is why they are so anti-religion.

This is not a "Politics" topic. It's cultural. Doesn't have jack shit to do with "liberalism", "conservatism" or "religions".

True enough, the biggest sin for a liberal is someone who makes them feel bad about themselves. That is why they are so anti-religion.
Man you guy's logic got left at the toilet this morning....Advertisement motivation and corporate profit for lingerie, have nothing to do with partisan politics in D.C.

Last edited:

No, I'm anti-religion because I don't need someone to tell me what to do, I don't need to believe things to make myself happy. I have my own brain.

However religion for other people, fine, as long as it doesn't get in my face.

This is not a "Politics" topic. It's cultural. Doesn't have jack shit to do with "liberalism", "conservatism" or "religions".
The op made the connection, quite nicely I might add.

....that media messages such as these perpetuate low self-esteem among women and girls who are made to feel inadequate.....

My opinion is that we should applaud such ads. After all doesn't every golfer want to golf like Tiger even though they never will? It is a goal. So pictures of the Victoria Secret women, by today's standard, is a goal.

Why would anyone use a picture like this as a marketing tool to sell anything?

heavyswim-600x302.jpg
They appeal to the Sumo Wrestlers industry.

There is nothing political in Victoria's Secret ads. They are selling a product.

Liberals are unbelievably soft minded. They need government control over everything. What they eat, drink, even what they see and hear. Every choice they make needs to be subject to the control of those who know better.

A man recently won a lawsuit against Red Bull over their motto that Red Bull gives you wings. He spent hundreds of dollars on the product and never grew wings. The company had to change the motto. It was false advertising. No one would grow wings no matter how much they drank.

All the education in the world will not cause a single person to give up McDonalds or Pepsi. These companies don't advertise how beneficial they are for good health.

Forum List

Back