Victim ordered to marry rapist.

Why would any intelligent person read a newspaper owned by The Moonies?

I'm not surprised. I read a story where in England a girl was killed by her mother in a honor killing. The poor girl was raped by her brothers. The mother reported that woman can't actually be raped if they fight back so she must have wanted it.

It's an old article, but I'll try to find the link if anyone is interrested.

Gabriella84 said:
So are you saying it's not factual? Actually I hope you are. I hope you can prove it reasonably. It would be the first good news I got today.

It's ancient Jewish law that the woman marries her rapist. I'm sure it made sense back then, but that's how it was. Considering how backwards and ancient some Muslim societies are, this doesn't really surprise me.

Gabriella84 said:

Intelligent people like to keep abreast of what the opposition is up to. Ignorant people either don't care or are too lazy to research the facts for themselves.

Perhaps you can provide us with a list of "acceptable sources" for you.

kurtsprincess said:
Intelligent people like to keep abreast of what the opposition is up to. Ignorant people either don't care or are too lazy to research the facts for themselves.

Perhaps you can provide us with a list of "acceptable sources" for you.

Oh hail yeah. C'mon Gabby, give it up (sources that is) :link:

I agree that this is a most reprehensible ruling... I was surprised to see that there was such a huge outrage against the ruling though, especially in India. It seems as though they will try to have the old man convicted through the state court system now...

Hobbit said:
It's ancient Jewish law that the woman marries her rapist. I'm sure it made sense back then, but that's how it was. Considering how backwards and ancient some Muslim societies are, this doesn't really surprise me.

Might you share with all of us some references or additional facts about "Jewish law that the woman marries her rapist." What text is this found in?

Forum List

Back