Vick's comments after team voted him courages award

That only depends on whether or not you think criminals deserve the chance to earn back trust. Or if you're like Willow and you think trust can NEVER be earned back, then this discussion is already over because we will get nowhere.

Why are you assuming I'm more willing to forgive him because he throws a football?

And to compare him to a cop especially, is disingenuous. A cop is in a position of authority and implied trust by his or her society. A cop's main job is to STOP the breaking of laws, not BREAK them. So I probably WOULD be less forgiving if it was a cop.

We had a state trooper down here in Cape May County that killed 2 teenage girls because he was speeding through an intersection in his cruiser, apparently responding to a call. Dispatch records showed no call took place at that time. The guy t-boned the girls' car and the collision was so hard that the girls' spinal cords were severed at their heads. They were out picking up milk for their mom.

When I look at the facts, it seems obvious that the cop lied about the situation. Interestingly enough, he was recently acquitted in the trial, and most intelligent people have no fucking idea how that happened. The justice system certainly isn't perfect.

you'll have to forgive me if I think that's a little more unforgivable than a guy who killed dogs and spent almost 2 years in prison for it.

And yes, I value a human life over an animal's life, with all things being equal.

I agree with you. Criminals DO deserve a chance to earn back trust. People can change and they deserve the opportunity. But the key word here is EARN and part of that process is accepting responsibility for what you did and showing remorse not just by words but through your actions. Has Vick?

And, frankly just because you find another crime less forgiveable does not make what Vick did MORE forgiveable.

That only depends on whether or not you think criminals deserve the chance to earn back trust. Or if you're like Willow and you think trust can NEVER be earned back, then this discussion is already over because we will get nowhere.

Why are you assuming I'm more willing to forgive him because he throws a football?

And to compare him to a cop especially, is disingenuous. A cop is in a position of authority and implied trust by his or her society. A cop's main job is to STOP the breaking of laws, not BREAK them. So I probably WOULD be less forgiving if it was a cop.

We had a state trooper down here in Cape May County that killed 2 teenage girls because he was speeding through an intersection in his cruiser, apparently responding to a call. Dispatch records showed no call took place at that time. The guy t-boned the girls' car and the collision was so hard that the girls' spinal cords were severed at their heads. They were out picking up milk for their mom.

When I look at the facts, it seems obvious that the cop lied about the situation. Interestingly enough, he was recently acquitted in the trial, and most intelligent people have no fucking idea how that happened. The justice system certainly isn't perfect.

you'll have to forgive me if I think that's a little more unforgivable than a guy who killed dogs and spent almost 2 years in prison for it.

And yes, I value a human life over an animal's life, with all things being equal.

I agree with you. Criminals DO deserve a chance to earn back trust. People can change and they deserve the opportunity. But the key word here is EARN and part of that process is accepting responsibility for what you did and showing remorse not just by words but through your actions. Has Vick?

And, frankly just because you find another crime less forgiveable does not make what Vick did MORE forgiveable.

There was a line in a movie "Schindler's List." I have never forgotten it. To paraphrase. "The measure of a man is in knowing he has the power over life and death, and he chooses life." Vick horribly abused defenseless creatures who had absolutely no choice in what happened to them. It is unforgivable.

There was a line in a movie "Schindler's List." I have never forgotten it. To paraphrase. "The measure of a man is in knowing he has the power over life and death, and he chooses life." Vick horribly abused defenseless creatures who had absolutely no choice in what happened to them. It is unforgivable.

Incorrect. Forgiveness is not yours to give nor withhold.

And let's compare this post to the one you made about the Peruvian with TB ... that it would be cheaper to put him on a plane and fly him back to Peru. That IS forgivable?

And let's compare this post to the one you made about the Peruvian with TB ... that it would be cheaper to put him on a plane and fly him back to Peru. That IS forgivable?

What is the problem with that? Why should the American taxpayer foot his medical bills? Yes that is forgivable. And it is also correct. Peru has doctors and hospitals. It's not like he will be dumped in the jungle.

What is the problem with that? Why should the American taxpayer foot his medical bills? Yes that is forgivable. And it is also correct. Peru has doctors and hospitals. It's not like he will be dumped in the jungle.

Give it up, huh? You're all about saving dogs BRED to fight in pits, but sending some dude home with TB.

Why should the American taxpayer foot the bill for YOUR ethics? Vick got hammered for what he did. Most people pay a fine and maybe get probation.

Again, it's not your place to forgive. or is Christianity a selective belief for you? He paid his debt to society. if he's in trouble with God, he will pay his debt to Him. I haven't see anywhere in the Bible or the Constitution where it says anyone pays WillowTree a damned thing.

Forum List

Back