Vick's comments after team voted him courages award

Not that I'm defending his criminal actions, but you'd probably feel the same way if you'd committed a crime, realized the errors in your ways, did your time, and came to find out that half the fucking civilized WORLD apparently thinks you're garbage from here on out no matter what you do.

The fact is, there are people who've committed much worse atrocities and not only didn't get NEARLY the amount of scrutiny as Vick did, but also were pretty damn near collectively forgiven. Even family members of murder victims often times will forgive the murderer. And that's PEOPLE we're talking about, not animals.

I mean shit, our own government allies itself with dictators who have killed COUNTLESS people. I don't see much public outcry about THAT. But god forbid a professional football player kills dogs and then plays football for money again after doing his time in prison.

What a monumental dickhead.

Yes, life is tough when you make millions for playing sports and get caught killing dogs.

They never should have let this asshole back in the NFL.

He could have just said, "Thank you" and that would have been fine. His brashness and statements concerning all the hard times he has seen make me think he really has not changed. Its' still "all about me."

The dogs he put to death never got a second chance. Please, Vick is not a Martyr
..."I've overcome a lot, more than probably one single individual can handle or bear," Vick said. "You ask certain people to walk through my shoes, they probably couldn't do (it).
Michael, there are kids dying with cancer all over the world that now understand the pain you have been through. Thanks for sharing.

This is coming from a guy that whole heartedly supported him getting back into the NFL. He needs to put his brain in gear before engaging his mouth.

You should have seen the freaking hero-worship of Vick when the Eagles played here in Atlanta.

OMG. Atlanta FALCON FANS were wearing Mike Vick/Eagle jerseys.

He got a farking hero's welcome here....from people who are also Barry Obama fans.

It was so disgusting, some DJ's here have taken to calling the GA Dome "The Vick Dome".

Watch for Vick to end up in trouble before the end of 2010. I see it coming. He learned exactly NOTHING from his experience. NOTHING.

Just because worse things happen in the world doesn't make the abuse and killing of other animals somehow "acceptable".

If Michael Vick truely regretted his actions, I'd like to see evidence of that. Thus far he has accepted no responsibility for what he did to those dogs nor any remorse. Vick was involved in an extensive interstate dog fighting ring that operated over a period of five or more years. He was sentanced to 23 months and served only 18 months, some of that in home confinement. He pled "not guilty" to animal cruelty charges but those charges were eventually dropped in a plea bargain and he was convicted only of bankrolling a dogfighting conspiracy so the court and the public never got to here the details of what he did. Somehow, I think if they had and if they had seen the pictures they might not be so forgiving.

Many professionals lose their licenses when they are convicted of felonies and can never again practice in their professions. Football players, however, do not seem to suffer much of a penalty.

Michael Vick's unpaid dues: Why dog advocates aren't moving on

"The details that got to me then and stay with me today involve the swimming pool that was used to kill some of the dogs" Reynolds wrote on her blog. "Jumper cables were clipped onto the ears of underperforming dogs then just like with a car the cables were connected to the terminals of car batteries before lifting and tossing the shamed dogs into the water."

What a whiner. I don't think Vick feels he did anything wrong at all.

michael-vick-pit-bull.jpg

You should have seen the freaking hero-worship of Vick when the Eagles played here in Atlanta.

He got a farking hero's welcome here....from people who are also Barry Obama fans.

It was so disgusting, some DJ's here have taken to calling the GA Dome "The Vick Dome".

Watch for Vick to end up in trouble before the end of 2010. I see it coming. He learned exactly NOTHING from his experience. NOTHING.

Nice attempt to couple Obama supporters with Vick fans. Also, disgustingly dishonest.

yeah but what came first, their love for a RB/QB hybrid negro who tortures dogs or their love for a Muslim Narcisisisiistic AMerica-destroying terrorist palling Chicago style mARXIST oBAMI SALAMI, teleprompter-addict? those lowlifes probably love all things dark and evil, like, for example, negroes. burp

He learned exactly NOTHING from his experience. NOTHING.

You base that on what, exactly?

His abject arrogance....and the lovely experience of caring for several of his rescued fighting dogs (my family volunteers for a homeless pet foundation that took in MANY of the animals he abused).

Oh....and the picture posted above is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the worst that happened to the poor animals he and his thug cronies tortured, maimed and killed.

Now he has the TEMERITY to whine about "how much he's been through" and "nobody else could go through what he has"???? FUCK HIM. HE BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF.

So fuck you very much....I know he's learned NOTHING. Not a DAMNED THING.

The thug will be back in jail before 2010 is out.

Mark. My. Words.

I totally believe in forgiveness and redemption...when the offender is repentant. I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that Vick is repentant. Perhaps he would still be torturing dogs today if had not been caught.

Nice attempt to couple Obama supporters with Vick fans. Also, disgustingly dishonest.

Were you here in Atlanta for the Falcons/Eagles game in the Vick Dome?

If not, shut the fuck up. YOU don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Were you here in Atlanta for the Falcons/Eagles game in the Vick Dome?

If not, shut the fuck up. YOU don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Yes, I do.

Whether or not they support Obama has nothing to do with their support of an animal abusing neanderthal whiner - it's irrelevant.

Dog fighting and it's apologizers run the political gamut - we have a problem with that particular culture in my state and my state was not an Obama supporting state. Trying to couple (insert whatever political figure you hate) with the dogfighting mentality is a cheap and ignorant shot.

Personally, I am disappointed in Vick. I figured that 18 months of him sitting in a cage would bring about some humility. I guess I was wrong...

Not that I'm defending his criminal actions, but you'd probably feel the same way if you'd committed a crime, realized the errors in your ways, did your time, and came to find out that half the fucking civilized WORLD apparently thinks you're garbage from here on out no matter what you do.

The fact is, there are people who've committed much worse atrocities and not only didn't get NEARLY the amount of scrutiny as Vick did, but also were pretty damn near collectively forgiven. Even family members of murder victims often times will forgive the murderer. And that's PEOPLE we're talking about, not animals.

I mean shit, our own government allies itself with dictators who have killed COUNTLESS people. I don't see much public outcry about THAT. But god forbid a professional football player kills dogs and then plays football for money again after doing his time in prison.

Agreed. He got hammered. You get caught fighting dogs around here, you mostly just get fined.

Not saying doing it is okay. I'm saying he got punished for his name, not his crime.

He did time in a federal pen for his crimes. He manned up and did it. He is continuing on with his life. Good for him.

Why 'good for him'? Does he have a viable option other than continuing on with his life?

He broke the law - personally, I'd have executed his ass for cruelty to animals but I appreciate that most people think that's a tad excessive. However, personally, I'd be comfortable if he ends up living under a bridge somewhere. He's a scumbag.

What a monumental dickhead.

Yes, life is tough when you make millions for playing sports and get caught killing dogs.

They never should have let this asshole back in the NFL.
Sometimes. On very rare occasions you are absolutely right about something.
This is one of those times.

He learned exactly NOTHING from his experience. NOTHING.

You base that on what, exactly?

His abject arrogance....and the lovely experience of caring for several of his rescued fighting dogs (my family volunteers for a homeless pet foundation that took in MANY of the animals he abused).

Oh....and the picture posted above is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the worst that happened to the poor animals he and his thug cronies tortured, maimed and killed.

Now he has the TEMERITY to whine about "how much he's been through" and "nobody else could go through what he has"???? FUCK HIM. HE BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF.

So fuck you very much....I know he's learned NOTHING. Not a DAMNED THING.

The thug will be back in jail before 2010 is out.

Mark. My. Words.

Thank you to your family for helping those poor dogs.

It's amazing how resilient dogs can be. Most of them were able to be rehabilitated. It doesn't seem as if Vick is ever going to be though. He is still dangerous.

Forum List

Back