Vick to Vikes?

yall dont mind thugs in football at all do you...seems that is the way with all sports now....all these high toned bullshit morals...are tossed aside as you fawn over a sports star...
If Hitler could hit a curve ball he would have been signed, even after that whole 'war' thing.

yall dont mind thugs in football at all do you...seems that is the way with all sports now....all these high toned bullshit morals...are tossed aside as you fawn over a sports star...

I am just curious to see if anyone will pick him up. I think he should have been banned from football for life. I will be interested to see when someone does pick him up, what kind of reception he will get.

One out of five players in the NFL has been arrested at one time or another.
this is not something new
just you never heard about it before
the media didnt want to lose their access to the teams and the teams didnt want the bad publicity
so they agreed not to say anything
the 24/7 news cycle changed all that

On top of all that, Vick isn't a pocket passer and the Vikes run the west coast offense.

McNabb comes to mind, though. He didn't win the big one, but he saw more big time playoff games than most QB's in history.

The one time he actually had a good WR, he got to the show. And ever since he stopped scrambling like he used to, he hasn't been nearly as good IMO.

I personally think the WC offense NEEDS someone with some legs.

I'd love to have Vick. I like QB's that are exciting. Sitting in the pocket all day gets boring to watch.

This said though, I think Vick would fit better on a team that doesn't have a good run attack, because he can make up that difference. Why go to Minnesota who's got the best RB in the NFL?

Sitting in the pocket like Craig Morton is one thing, but when you're a QB with happy feet you set yourself up to take your team out of everything by getting injured.

See: Daunte Chilipepper.

Yep, and Randall for that matter. When he broke his leg back in the early 90's, he was never the same. We loved him for his scrambling though, most of us didn't care if he was a great passer or not.

I still have my "I'll be back...scrambling" hat that so many Eagles fans had at the time.

I guess as Philly fans, we just love to see tough play. I'd rather see you have the balls to go over the middle in coverage with a safety chugging along towards you at full speed, than have, say, a guy like Randy Moss and the attitude that comes with him.

Apparently the decision makers in the organization realize this, and that's why we continually get QB's that like to run.

As I recall, the boobirds were all over Donovan when the eglets took him in the draft.

The only reason was because we all wanted Ricky Williams, and the word on the street was that we were going to take him if he was still available. It wasn't Donovan himself getting booed, it was the Eagles decision. When they didn't take him, it was the decision that got booed. We felt betrayed.

Obviously in hindsight, they made the right choice.

Also, the display was organized by the local sports radio station 610 WIP. I was personally shocked at the pick, but I didn't boo it. It was staged by one of our own local sports casters, Angelo Cataldi. The group became known as the Dirty 30.

Don't take it seriously, it was really just a bunch of bullshit.

Last edited:
On top of all that, Vick isn't a pocket passer and the Vikes run the west coast offense.

McNabb comes to mind, though. He didn't win the big one, but he saw more big time playoff games than most QB's in history.

The one time he actually had a good WR, he got to the show. And ever since he stopped scrambling like he used to, he hasn't been nearly as good IMO.

I personally think the WC offense NEEDS someone with some legs.

I'd love to have Vick. I like QB's that are exciting. Sitting in the pocket all day gets boring to watch.

This said though, I think Vick would fit better on a team that doesn't have a good run attack, because he can make up that difference. Why go to Minnesota who's got the best RB in the NFL?

The key to the west coast offense is accuracy and timing. Vick is not that. He has a good arm but he is not accurate. He'd fit better in a vertical offense.

Forum List

Back