Vick, Eagles agree to 2-year deal

Vick was a superb athlete with incredible abilities. Twenty-three months later who knows?

Vick was a criminal with a blood lust who went to jail. Twenty-three months later who knows?

I believe in redemption, even for Xenophon and Koder. Gunny and Dude will have to work extra hard for extra redemption!!

Give MV a chance for redemption. If he does well and acts right, then it is a blessing. If he doesn't, its his fall, not ours.

fuck off, Ringo.

I just don't get this. I don't mind that an NFL team signed him, I just don't get why the Eagles did. He brings nothing to Philidelphia football wise.

He'll be a trick play guy. Stuff like the Wildcat they like to run, they can leave Jackson out wide and have Vick take the snap.
He's not a very good QB though and I hope for Philly fans they don't go to him if Donavon gets hurt, I think Feeley or Kolb remain the backups.

I agree though, it doesn't do anything for Philly imo, could actually hurt because I'm sure it's going to be a big distraction.

EDIT: I can see some drunken Philly fan going "Philly fan" on a protester at some point. That's the worst place I've been for drunken fans losing control, and I've been to a number of games in a number of cities, Philly takes the cake for assholes by a country mile.

Last edited:
may the eagle fall from the sky....may the days of glory be numbered....may the fates and muses be unkind....by the powers of hecate may vick be a misery to himself and anyone who supports him.

Let the man earn a living. Football is the only frigin thing that he has ever known. He has served his time and paid his due to society. We have players that have killed humans, been an accomplice, or withheld who committed murder and they are playing. No one boos them. Leonard Little and the obstructionist, Ray Lewis are lauded by the NFL. If Vick can stay clean and continues to show contrition and he continues to speak out against animal abuse, let it go. Every human being deserves a right to make a living.

I hope the Eagles win the Super Bowl. If Vick is a part of it, will the Philly fans still be booing when the Lombardi trophy is raised? I don't think so.

LET THE MAN PLAY!

Let the man earn a living. Football is the only frigin thing that he has ever known. He has served his time and paid his due to society. We have players that have killed humans, been an accomplice, or withheld who committed murder and they are playing. No one boos them. Leonard Little and the obstructionist, Ray Lewis are lauded by the NFL. If Vick can stay clean and continues to show contrition and he continues to speak out against animal abuse, let it go. Every human being deserves a right to make a living.

I hope the Eagles win the Super Bowl. If Vick is a part of it, will the Philly fans still be booing when the Lombardi trophy is raised? I don't think so.

LET THE MAN PLAY!

Campaign to Sack Michael Vick and Boycott the NFL or NFL teams that allow Michael Vick or any felon to play

LET THE MAN PLAY!

Campaign to Sack Michael Vick and Boycott the NFL or NFL teams that allow Michael Vick or any felon to play

Okay, so where have these Loonys been for the last 8 years that Ray Lewis has been playing? Maybe these are refugees from the shouting at health reform debates.

LET THE MAN PLAY!

Okay, so where have these Loonys been for the last 8 years that Ray Lewis has been playing? Maybe these are refugees from the shouting at health reform debates.

You have to understand something...the Ray Lewis thing wasn't focused on in the national media anywhere near the scope that the Vick saga was.

So what happened, was most people were conditioned to have a much stronger opinion of the Vick story than the Lewis story.

Otherwise, there's really no explanation. Lewis is suspected to have killed a HUMAN BEING, and Vick killed only dogs. But somehow Vick's acceptance back into the NFL has taken way more criticism than Lewis ever did.

If you're going to complain about Vick, then do your research and learn about all the other people who've done things that are even worse, and condemn them as well.

Look at Donte Stallworth. He just recently killed a pedestrian with his car because was DRIVING DRUNK, and he's only suspended from the NFL for one season. But Vick shouldn't be allowed to play ever again? That doesn't make any sense.

The man made a mistake, he did his time, let hiim prove himself for crying out loud. Everyone deserves a second chance to attone for a mistake.

You have to understand something...the Ray Lewis thing wasn't focused on in the national media anywhere near the scope that the Vick saga was.

So what happened, was most people were conditioned to have a much stronger opinion of the Vick story than the Lewis story.

Otherwise, there's really no explanation. Lewis is suspected to have killed a HUMAN BEING, and Vick killed only dogs. But somehow Vick's acceptance back into the NFL has taken way more criticism than Lewis ever did.

If you're going to complain about Vick, then do your research and learn about all the other people who've done things that are even worse, and condemn them as well.

Look at Donte Stallworth. He just recently killed a pedestrian with his car because was DRIVING DRUNK, and he's only suspended from the NFL for one season. But Vick shouldn't be allowed to play ever again? That doesn't make any sense.

The man made a mistake, he did his time, let hiim prove himself for crying out loud. Everyone deserves a second chance to attone for a mistake.

Stallworth should be banned for life. Vick should be banned for life. Wasn't Ray Lewis found not guilty of murder?

Here's how I would use him if I were Reid..

McNabb is the main QB, but you line Vick up in the backfield and keep the defense under pressure to have to keep an eye on both men.

Now you have to keep a LB, and possibly a safety, up near the line watching Vick and McNabb. It could open things up a lot more.

Don't think for one second that Vick isn't going to come back with some tenacity. He was one of the fastest players in the NFL, if not THE fastest. You can bet he stayed in shape in the joint.

Those that are wondering what he could be used for in this offense, I say anything that keeps you guessing.

Stallworth should be banned for life. Vick should be banned for life. Wasn't Ray Lewis found not guilty of murder?

And that's where the difference lies. Wasn't Michael Jackson found not guilty of child molestation? But he was written off as a pedo anyway.

Your finding in a court of law means nothing compared your finding in the court of public opinion.

Paulie

How are people taking this in Philadelphia?

I heard that sentiment is 9 to 1 against bringing Vick in, and that during the Pats game when it was officially announced, people got out of their seats and were walking around in the concession area in disbelief.

Paulie

How are people taking this in Philadelphia?

I heard that sentiment is 9 to 1 against bringing Vick in, and that during the Pats game when it was officially announced, people got out of their seats and were walking around in the concession area in disbelief.

I've seen limited response so far since the announcement, but what I've seen so far is mixed.

The intitial shock factor is probably responsible for the majority of the negative response. As time passes I think more people will accept it. I know the blogosphere is full of haters right now, that much I have seen.

Bottom line is the guy paid his due. He made a mistake, and if his employer wants to hire him back, who are we to judge?

If he has a good season and produces, most people will forget all about the bad stuff. That's what's probably the MOST ridiculous out of all this emotional outcry.

I just lost what little respect I ever had for the Eagles. And you're right CW, what use can he be in Philly?

Vick spent two years in leavenworth prison for what he did. Leavenworth! He is involved with animal rights now and wants to start fresh.

Dude did a crime, paid for it and starting over. What is the problem. I read a woman called in to a radio show after she heard the news about vick and looked at her dog who seemed to be sad. She said she started crying because it was if the dog knew what was going on. Oh dear God.

What he did was wrong, he paid his dues like a man and still Peta and idiots like them want him hung.

I want Peta to go to an Eagles game and protest in front of the Eagles fans. Lets see what happens. That would be fun. Especially if Vick just scored a touchdown the previous game.

I am from philly and I know how uh....unstable our fans can be. Peta, man up and go there and protest.

Last edited:
I just lost what little respect I ever had for the Eagles. And you're right CW, what use can he be in Philly?

Vick spent two years in leavenworth prison for what he did. Leavenworth! He is involved with animal rights now and wants to start fresh.

Dude did a crime, paid for it and starting over. What is the problem. I read a woman called in to a radio show after she heard the news about vick and looked at her dog who seemed to be sad. She said she started crying because it was if the dog knew what was going on. Oh dear God.

What he did was wrong, he paid his dues like a man and still Peta and idiots like them want him hung.

I want Peta to go to an Eagles game and protest in front of the Eagles fans. Lets see what happens. That would be fun. Especially if Vick just scored a touchdown the previous game.

I am from philly and I know how uh....unstable our fans can be. Peta, man up and go there and protest.

The Philly fans will forget about the dog thing if Vick helps the team win.

The Philly fans will forget about the dog thing if Vick helps the team win.

Exactly, Philly fans are uh, unique.

Philly fans are great. They kind of "tell it like it is." If you do your job and help win, that cheer you. If you don't they boo you. Maybe the rest of the league could learn something from them.

I used to be a LA Rams fan, and those people sucked air. They frigin sit on their snobby little butts, even when the Rams won. It just killed me...

Philly fans are great. They kind of "tell it like it is." If you do your job and help win, that cheer you. If you don't they boo you. Maybe the rest of the league could learn something from them.

I used to be a LA Rams fan, and those people sucked air. They frigin sit on their snobby little butts, even when the Rams won. It just killed me...
Like how to dust an empty SB trophy case...just sayin'.:eusa_whistle:
COWBOYS.jpg

Forum List

Back