Vick, Eagles agree to 2-year deal

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
This is absurd. What the hell is Vick going to do in Andy Reid's pass heavy West Coast offense?

Quarterback Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, his agent, Joel Segal, confirmed to ESPN.com.

Vick arrived in Philadelphia Tuesday morning and remained there Wednesday evening. The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing. The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million deal with an option for the second year at $5.2 million, FoxSports.com reports.

Vick was the No. 1 draft pick in 2001, and once the highest-paid player in football. But he has not played since 2006 when his career came tumbling down. He was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting operation, sentenced to 23 months in federal prison and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

But after serving his time and being released from home confinement July 20, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick's suspension, allowing him to sign with a team.

Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.

Michael Vick signs two-year deal with Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

I just lost what little respect I ever had for the Eagles. And you're right CW, what use can he be in Philly?

I just don't get this. I don't mind that an NFL team signed him, I just don't get why the Eagles did. He brings nothing to Philidelphia football wise.

Check out what the Eagles fans are saying;
holy F....breaking news we did sign vick!!!! - IGGLEPHANS
WHY?????????????????????
DUMB HE SUCKS ASS
i don't like it at all....he is a mediocre QB in addition to being a dog murdering piece of crap....i don't want that fucking asshole on my favorite team.
he wasn't a good quarterback before he went up the river. 2 years later he will be better? don't think so.
I can't fucking believe this
Level of disagreement with this move... 1000%
he's a dog killer...i don't want him on the team.
yeah..my dad called me from the beach and said, "i'm done..i can't watch them anymore".
I loled at this one:
Oh please at all these reactions, the first time this guy scrambles out of the wildcat for a 40 yard TD you will sacrifice a chihuahua in his honor
Should be a fun year up in the City of Brotherly Love!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Being an Eagles fan, I'm more surprised that the organization would bring his type of character here. We're not usually known for taking on damaged goods like that. TO was the last, and he was out as soon as he acted up. I can't even remember the last one before him. Maybe Ricky Watters.

This is absurd. What the hell is Vick going to do in Andy Reid's pass heavy West Coast offense?

Quarterback Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, his agent, Joel Segal, confirmed to ESPN.com.

Vick arrived in Philadelphia Tuesday morning and remained there Wednesday evening. The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing. The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million deal with an option for the second year at $5.2 million, FoxSports.com reports.

Vick was the No. 1 draft pick in 2001, and once the highest-paid player in football. But he has not played since 2006 when his career came tumbling down. He was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting operation, sentenced to 23 months in federal prison and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

But after serving his time and being released from home confinement July 20, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick's suspension, allowing him to sign with a team.

Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.

wait for McNabb to get hurt, which you can about guarantee will happen.

Last edited:
I just don't get this. I don't mind that an NFL team signed him, I just don't get why the Eagles did. He brings nothing to Philidelphia football wise.

I personally have a problem with all the felons putting on uniforms and being hero worshipped by kids like my son. Vick is just the latest in a long line.

But if he's going to play, I guess Philly is a good fit in attitude. System wise, it's a dumb move. Unless they're going to move him out of the QB position? His arm was never bad, but not exceptional either. But even then, where would they send him?

This really blows. I hate McNabb with a passion. So every year, I wait for him to get hurt and then cheer for his backup to revive the team and take philly all the way.
I can't do that this season. Not with that jackass.

That would be bad for the Eagles. Vick will not be able to run the West Coast. One, he isn't a smart enough QB. You have to be able to make decisions from the pocket, Vick doesn't even know what the pocket is. Two, he doesn't have the arm. Yes he can throw the ball, but when has he ever had to throw 70% of the game? Never. This move is fucking stupid, on many levels.

Being an Eagles fan, I'm more surprised that the organization would bring his type of character here. We're not usually known for taking on damaged goods like that. TO was the last, and he was out as soon as he acted up. I can't even remember the last one before him. Maybe Ricky Watters.

True. Dumping TO earned the Eagles a lot of new fans. Or at least people with a tiny ounce of new respect for them. When I spoke of attitude, I was thinking of some of the more infamous fans. Perhaps that was an overgeneralization on my part.

We've got some key injuries this year anyway, the outlook is kind of bleak at this point.

If nothing else, it'll be fun to watch.

That would be bad for the Eagles. Vick will not be able to run the West Coast. One, he isn't a smart enough QB. You have to be able to make decisions from the pocket, Vick doesn't even know what the pocket is. Two, he doesn't have the arm. Yes he can throw the ball, but when has he ever had to throw 70% of the game? Never. This move is fucking stupid, on many levels.

I am under the impression that Philly fans boo their own players more than any other fans. If Vick ever enters a game, you gotta believe there will be boos like you've never heard in your life.

We've got some key injuries this year anyway, the outlook is kind of bleak at this point.

That being the case, could they maybe run a different system when Vick starts?

I am under the impression that Philly fans boo their own players more than any other fans. If Vick ever enters a game, you gotta believe there will be boos like you've never heard in your life.

Until his first TD pass, and then we'll love him :lol:

Vick's arm was average before his long "vacation" upriver. And you're spot on about his brains. But what else can they do with him?

Sure, if you don't plan on winning anything anyway. Coaches don't change systems, they change players to fit their system. That is what makes this so confusing.

Well, I know that Reid is known for not being able to win the big one, but he's still a really smart coach. There's no way Vick was signed without Reid's blessing, so I'm sure Reid's got something up his sleeve.

Right now though, I have no idea what it is.

Vick's arm was average before his long "vacation" upriver. And you're spot on about his brains. But what else can they do with him?

The only thing that I can aome up with is running him out of the slot in key positions, maybe some wildcat formations. I don't know, maybe the Eagles could transition to the run and gun variety of the West Coast if needed. Who knows.

we've got some key injuries this year anyway, the outlook is kind of bleak at this point.

that being the case, could they maybe run a different system when vick starts?

well, i know that reid is known for not being able to win the big one, but he's still a really smart coach. There's no way vick was signed without reid's blessing, so i'm sure reid's got something up his sleeve.

Right now though, i have no idea what it is.

rb?

Forum List

Back