Vick ‘celebration’ postponed, organizer says

A reputable vet wouldn't have put them down and him dropping off so many dogs at a shelter would have raised eyebrows. He was trying to cover up his crime.

Pretty much my conclusion too.

So I guess we both agree that it was a heinous criminal operation and that he has paid his debt to society and should thus be allowed to resume his life. But apparently only one of us believes in redemption and forgiveness. :cool:

A reputable vet wouldn't have put them down and him dropping off so many dogs at a shelter would have raised eyebrows. He was trying to cover up his crime.

Pretty much my conclusion too.

So I guess we both agree that it was a heinous criminal operation and that he has paid his debt to society and should thus be allowed to resume his life. But apparently only one of us believes in redemption and forgiveness. :cool:
You're the one angling for sainthood, not me.

question for the Vick haters
should any place hire him for ANY job?
and since you feel so strongly about this, what about other convicted felons, should they also be eliminated from job prospects?

and since you feel so strongly about this, what about other convicted felons, should they also be eliminated from job prospects?
No one should be discriminated against because they have a record.
But I don't believe Vick should be allowed near dogs unsupervised. Same as if he had abused children.

No one should be discriminated against because they have a record.
But I don't believe Vick should be allowed near dogs unsupervised. Same as if he had abused children.
and they use dogs in the NFL?
where is this done?

I'm disappointed in you Ravi. Normally you don't allow your emotions to get in the way of the facts. And to compound that by actually being dishonest... my my. :rolleyes:

First, the word torture doesn't even appear in the link you provided. Second, what you did provide is text of a law that includes at least two criminal acts, torture and killing dogs and promoting dog fights. All you have do to violate the law is run afoul of one of them, not all of them.

Here is a summary of the facts if you're interested in educating yourself.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/vick-summary-of-facts-070824.pdf

And here is the particularly incriminating excerpt:

Peace, Phillips and Vick agreed to the killing of approximately 6-8 dogs that did not perform well in "testing" sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road and all of those dogs were killed by various methods, including hanging and drowning. Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick.

No mention of torture, although I'll certainly concede that it's cruel and inhumane. But the notion that he derived some perverted pleasure from killing these dogs? There are simply NO FACTS to support this outrageous allegation. None whatsoever.

Bullshit there's no evidence.

The dude he had running the dogfighting ring said that Vick liked to personally drown dogs, strangle them, electrocute them, and best of all, muzzle them and throw them in the cage for the other pits to kill as practice. That's classic sociopath behavior.

Fuck him.

Upon further review, there is another portion of wiki that doesn't mention that he was convicted of torturing animals and that some of the charges were dropped by the state as part of a plea. So I've really no idea.

If I hang and drown you would you consider it torture? ;)

Why does it matter if he enjoyed it or not? He did it...I thought motives were unimportant to you.

Actually, I think hanging and drowning tend to be rather quick forms of execution. Considering the methods he would have had available, these seem like the least torturous.

And I never said motives are unimportant. I just don't support legislation specifically criminalizing particular motives.

If there was any evidence that showed Vick really torturing dogs for the fun of it, I'd feel a lot differently about it. A LOT differently.

Well as long as he was murdering them quickly.:eusa_hand: What a compassionate guy.

Like I said, your mind is clearly closed on this matter. Far be it from me to waste my time trying to pry it open. :rolleyes:

if i were an employor...i would certainly think of my customer base in hiring...i would not hire vick to work at petsmart...but if i owned a meat plant i might hire him...

why do you dc appoarch this ...with the name calling..vick haters....i find the mans actions deplorable..he confessed to financing a dog fighting ring....have you seen photos of his mansion in va....with the out buildings painted black...so they are harder to see etc..it was a well organized group of thugs

Forum List

Back