Vichy France hates America LOL !

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
american-logic.jpg

My response to the above is this...

untitled.png

I'm pleased to hear that load of wank isn't his normal sober situation. Unless it is.

The thought of France never in history being a significant power is hilarious.

A Vichy French General allowed U.S. forces to land in North Africa without a fight, and in fact helped with logistics of landing. I doubt the Vichy were all that fond of Hitler, but they did help out in the manpower dept., making his occupation an easier operation. And, France only helped out at the last 'minute' in our Revolution because they were almost always at war with Great Britain and they were merely taunting them at the time; they soon began their own shakedowns of the colonies, demanding we had to take sides, so we picked Great Britain. Tough for them they forced an issue they didn't need to, as we announced a Neutrality position early on. Not that anybody else ever honored our neutrality, and we soon went to war anyway, under Mr. Neutrality himself no less, Jefferson.

The Dutch were the first to officially recognize our independence, actually.

Last edited:
Yes, but Vichy France was the cooperating part in the South.
From 1940 to 1942, while the Vichy regime was the nominal government of France as a whole, Germany militarily occupied northern France. Thus, while Paris remained the de jure capital of France, the de facto capital of southern, "unoccupied" France was the town of Vichy, 360 km to the south. Following the Allied landings in French North Africa in November 1942, southern France was also militarily occupied by Germany and Italy. The Vichy government remained in existence, but as a de facto client and puppet of Nazi Germany. It vanished in late 1944 when the Allies occupied all of France.
Vichy France - Wikipedia

The U.S. saved France from the Hun in WW1 and had to do it all over again about 20 years later and the quiche eaters still hate us.

The U.S. saved France from the Hun in WW1 and had to do it all over again about 20 years later and the quiche eaters still hate us.

It takes a Big Man to admit gratitude.

France is not that nation.

We would like to see statistics that support the (false) statement that France does not like America or Americans. They will not be forthcoming because just the opposite is the case.

The French fought the bulk of the war against Germany in WW I; they saved themselves, mostly, with aid from Britain. You mean the U.S. broke the stalemate, which is true, but Wilson also screwed up the peace, in a bad way to boot. You can thank Woodrow Wilson almost entirely for the miserable aftermath and rise of Hitler later on.

Forum List

Back