CDZ Vice President? Two Come To Mind

Unfortunately, he forgot that Cruz would have to be elected first. Not the ideal candidate to attract independents.
Latest poll I saw had Cruz with 4% support from Republicans.

He ain't going nowhere in this race.

Perhaps not, perhaps in 18 months, things will be different...perhaps a VP spot... who knows, none of us is Karnak!

Unfortunately, he forgot that Cruz would have to be elected first. Not the ideal candidate to attract independents.
Latest poll I saw had Cruz with 4% support from Republicans.

He ain't going nowhere in this race.
RWR pulled LOWER numbers when he started.
Here is list of how the people the voting record see him as conservative.
enten-datalab-cruz-1.png

Source... Let s Be Serious About Ted Cruz From The Start He s Too Extreme And Too Disliked To Win FiveThirtyEight

TREY GOWDY
The country is big enough and the job large enough I truly feel it's time we had a WORKING VP. Trey is smart, tough and he is down right brutal when it comes to calling someone on the carpet. We tax payers NEED that working for us.

SCOTT WALKER
Every dirty trick and tactic that can be used against a person HAS been used against Walker. TWO elections and TWO recalls and law suits to many to count have NOT taken him down.

The American people NEED the two hardest working most committed pair of Constitution supporting Bill of Rights defenders to overcome the open and aggressive assault our rights our foundation and our nation.

We NEED two people who are NOT afraid to say "Islamic Terrorists".

God and Country
Dark Fury

The only problem is that Republicans aren't going to win the White House in 2016, so it really doesn't matter whom they run for VP.

TREY GOWDY
The country is big enough and the job large enough I truly feel it's time we had a WORKING VP. Trey is smart, tough and he is down right brutal when it comes to calling someone on the carpet. We tax payers NEED that working for us.

SCOTT WALKER
Every dirty trick and tactic that can be used against a person HAS been used against Walker. TWO elections and TWO recalls and law suits to many to count have NOT taken him down.

The American people NEED the two hardest working most committed pair of Constitution supporting Bill of Rights defenders to overcome the open and aggressive assault our rights our foundation and our nation.

God and Country
Dark Fury

The only problem is that Republicans aren't going to win the White House in 2016, so it really doesn't matter whom they run for VP.
The LAST party to hold the oval office three terms were Republicans. History shows SELDOM does ANY party hold it THREE TERMS.

Hillary is damaged goods.

TREY GOWDY

SCOTT WALKER

God and Country
Dark Fury

The LAST party to hold the oval office three terms were Republicans. History shows SELDOM does ANY party hold it THREE TERMS.

Only in the mind of conservatives. I know a lmany somewhat conservative leaning women who are ready to vote for her, who did not vote for Obama. Look, you guys couldn't beat a black man running on a bad economy. Now you think you're going to win against a white woman with a good economy? C'mon, you have to be realistic. It's just not in the cards. Presidential elections are different than midterms. And that big landslide you won in 2014, well you barely outvoted the democratic candidates and the vast majority of important elections were in red states. Dems did not show up at the polls in big numbers in 2014. They will in 2016. Let me tell you something. If Republicans nominate someone as nutty as Ted Cruz, there is a possibility that Dems will take back the Senate and even the House. The House is much less likely but not out of the question. After the losses Dems took in 2014, they will be on the offensive in 2016 rather than the defensive.

TREY GOWDY

SCOTT WALKER

God and Country
Dark Fury

Only in the mind of conservatives. I know a lmany somewhat conservative leaning women who are ready to vote for her, who did not vote for Obama. Look, you guys couldn't beat a black man running on a bad economy. Now you think you're going to win against a white woman with a good economy? C'mon, you have to be realistic. It's just not in the cards. Presidential elections are different than midterms. And that big landslide you won in 2014, well you barely outvoted the democratic candidates and the vast majority of important elections were in red states. Dems did not show up at the polls in big numbers in 2014. They will in 2016. Let me tell you something. If Republicans nominate someone as nutty as Ted Cruz, there is a possibility that Dems will take back the Senate and even the House. The House is much less likely but not out of the question. After the losses Dems took in 2014, they will be on the offensive in 2016 rather than the defensive.
If you are SO convinced that Hillary will even run then why has she moved her date of announcement FORWARD three times.
NOW back on subject a LEAST a little who is the pick from YOUR side of the table with democrats? YOUR VP pick?

Let's not forget that, every four years, 10% of the electorate is replaced with younger, less experienced and more impressionable voters. As a result, no one can win by simply replaying the last election. Obama is an anomaly based on guilt over slavery, but this will not translate to automatic support for Hillary. Given the Red State/Blue State divide, the 2016 election may be decided by a few swing states (especially Florida). Who has the best chance of winning those States?

This is why I hope either Jeb Bush (P) or Marco Rubio (VP) is on the 2016 GOP ticket.

Last edited:
Obama is an anomaly based on guilt over slavery,

Is that right wing excuse making for the fact that the McCain/Palin ticket was totally unqualified?

No, it is a rational observation. During the primaries, Obama and John Edwards were virtually identical candidates (except for race), yet Obama received four times as many votes. During the general elections, Obama's margin of victory was largely due to unprecedented (and monolithic) Black voter turnout. Regardless of the inept McCain campaign, the fact that an inexperienced and literally unknown candidate was elected underscores this observation. To celebrate the historic election of our first black president while insisting that his race was irrelevant is the height of self-contradiction.

Obama is an anomaly based on guilt over slavery,

Is that right wing excuse making for the fact that the McCain/Palin ticket was totally unqualified?

No, it is a rational observation. During the primaries, Obama and John Edwards were virtually identical candidates (except for race), yet Obama received four times as many votes. During the general elections, Obama's margin of victory was largely due to unprecedented (and monolithic) Black voter turnout. Regardless of the inept McCain campaign, the fact that an inexperienced and literally unknown candidate was elected underscores this observation. To celebrate the historic election of our first black president while insisting that his race was irrelevant is the height of self-contradiction.

Interesting Thoughts. I see it differently though.

Edwards looked like a sure winner early in the campaign. I think most voters would have overlooked his affair if his first reaction was to lie. Trust evaporated.

Obama excited people. He stirred them up by giving them the hope that things would change for the better.
He was the "I'm not Bush" that a lot of the more informed voters were waiting for.

I'm sure he was attractive to black voters because they could more easily identify with him.

But I don't see guilt over slavery working into this. Maybe that's a Southern thing.

the fact is the VP choice typically is a political prop aimed at achieving some sort of balance - although not always. Keep in mind that some of the people running for [president in both parties really may be running to be named VP. That's clearly what Fiorina is doing if you ask me.

Her pros -- she is a woman if the nominee decide that is needed to blunt that issue. She is pretty conservative and I think she has done well so far.

Cons - she doesn't help deliver her state. She is not well known. There are other women who offer as much if not more -- like Susana Martinez possibly of NM who is woman and Hispanic from a state the must be in play if the GOP is to win. And then there is Condoleza Rice who a lot of people think would be a superb VP candidate. I think she brings some very strong credentials and would really help bolster a guy like Walker on the foreign policy front. She would be a very viable pick for any nominee and I think will be in any conversation

Other possible VPs now - Walker could be if he doesn't win; Bush could be if Walker wins and wants to reach out to the moderates , mainstream GOP and Hispanics. He brings a lot to the table as a VP for a conservative - hed really be like his father serving as Reagan's VP in that sense. Rand Paul may have some appeal as a VP but I think its more likely its all or nothing for him - either he gets the nomination or he isn't on the ticket. No one will choose Cruz as a VP I don't think.

TREY GOWDY

SCOTT WALKER

God and Country
Dark Fury

Vladimir Putin

Hates gays
Bullies women
Likes Guns
Thinks diplomacy is for pussies

Republicans would be crazy to pass on such an experienced leader

So you would see Walker as more qualified?

Yes, although being Governor of a larger State would be better. Along with the prerequisite of electability, another factor in evaluating a candidate is the expected composition of Congress. For example, Bush 41 would have been much more effective as the "kinder, gentler" face of a Republican majority than he was as a patsy for the Democratic majority. Conversely, Clinton was more effective as a "restraining" influence on the opposition majority.

I think Jeb Bush would be most effective with a GOP majority, whereas Ted Cruz would be better at holding a Democrat majority's feet to the fire. Scott Walker would be somewhere in between, but I would not underestimate the money that teachers and labor unions would throw against him in a national election. I see Marco Rubio as a strong VP candidate with hispanic voters, especially if Jeb isn't nominated. What do you think?

P.S. I would love to see Gowdy or Cruz as Attorney General.
Gowdy as AG would put half the DNC in prison, that thought has me smiling. Jeb I see as to liberal and if the country moves right even close to what it did in 2014 well then he is to left for the party.

The country is moving right no doubt. With the House and Senate having ALREADY moved right a "moderate" in the oval office may not be a good idea?
Thoughts?
We NEED Gowdy as AG.
He is the only pol I ever gave any money to, and I am not even in his state.

TREY GOWDY

SCOTT WALKER

God and Country
Dark Fury

Vladimir Putin

Hates gays
Bullies women
Likes Guns
Thinks diplomacy is for pussies

Republicans would be crazy to pass on such an experienced leader

A lot o very good points on Putin. But he doesn't help anywhere in the electoral college so I think they pass on him. Otherwise a solid choice.

And I don't think he feels diplomacy is for pussies. I think he practices diplomacy a certain way when he thinks the other side is a bunch of pussies. So far he hasn't made a lot of diplomatic errors from what I can see.

Given that Jeb Bush will be the GOP nominee, a VP from Florida would be uncalled for. Rules out Rubio
I can't see any enthusiasm for Jindal
Cruz, Paul, Carson and others in the clown car are out of the question
Walker would be possible and would pull more in the Midwest
But given Hillary will run for the Dems, I expect Republicans to pick their own woman

Jeb Bush/Nikki Haley

Given that Jeb Bush will be the GOP nominee, a VP from Florida would be uncalled for. Rules out Rubio
I can't see any enthusiasm for Jindal
Cruz, Paul, Carson and others in the clown car are out of the question
Walker would be possible and would pull more in the Midwest
But given Hillary will run for the Dems, I expect Republicans to pick their own woman

Jeb Bush/Nikki Haley
Hillary is not going to run. Warren will have to fill that role.

TREY GOWDY

SCOTT WALKER

God and Country
Dark Fury

If you are SO convinced that Hillary will even run then why has she moved her date of announcement FORWARD three times.
NOW back on subject a LEAST a little who is the pick from YOUR side of the table with democrats? YOUR VP pick?

Julian Castro. I'm pretty certain that he will at least be seriously considered.

TREY GOWDY

SCOTT WALKER

God and Country
Dark Fury

Julian Castro. I'm pretty certain that he will at least be seriously considered.

Castro will be Hillarys running mate

I don't know about Castro for Hilary. I think what he brings may be overstated.

First it may be perceived by the Clinton campaign as too much different for the public to swallow. Even Obama recognized that he needed an old white guy on the ticket to reassure the swing voters that he represented change but not that much change. Whatever explanation is there for Biden? The need to carry Delaware?

What is he going to do? Get you more Hispanic votes? They have plenty of those and despite what the immigration reform advocates say in the hopes the GOP will fall for it, they really haven't been a decisive voting block. It may even cause fissures within the Democratic coalition (which are coming anyway) with the blacks who will see - correctly - that they are being sent to the back of the Democratic bus in favor of the Hispanics. That's what happens when any group becomes a slave to one party but that could be a very big concern.

He wont deliver Texas. Again, all the liberal columnists will suggest he might -- but he wont.

And she is kind of cautious by nature. She wont do this.

So he really doesn't have that much going for him.

Forum List

Back