Vice President Michelle Obama?... It's Officially a Co-Presidency.

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Prevention

When you hear about the new health reform law these days, too much talk is focused on the political.

What I've found is that most Americans just want to know how this new law helps their families stay healthy -- and how it reduces their costs.

The first thing I tell people who ask about the Affordable Care Act is that, for moms like me, it makes our lives easier. It gives families control over their own care. And it gives us the comfort of knowing that our insurance will be there when we need it most -- especially if we get sick. Then I tell them that it gets better, but there's a lot to know. To help, this administration has set up HealthCare.gov, where folks can see customized information about how care will improve for their families.

So much of what makes this law great is its emphasis on preventive care -- right now, too many people aren't getting the check-ups or the screenings they need to stay healthy. Twelve percent of kids haven't seen a doctor in the past year. And 59 million adults -- and 11 million children -- depend on an insurance plan that does not cover basic immunizations.

Health reform is changing that. Under this new law, all new private plans will provide basic preventive services -- things like childhood immunizations and checkups, mammograms, colonoscopies, cervical screenings, and treatment for high blood pressure -- absolutely free of charge. No copay. No deductible. No co-insurance needed.

And, on HealthCare.gov, you can not only learn what preventive steps will help keep your family healthy, but also what insurance coverage options are available based on your needs.

A focus on prevention will help us to combat diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure -- chronic illnesses that right now lead to seven of ten deaths in the United States and 75 percent of our national health care costs.

And it will help us tackle an issue that is dear to my heart -- childhood obesity. As some of you know one of my top priorities as First Lady is the Let's Move! campaign, where we have made it our goal to put a stop to the challenge of childhood obesity within a generation, so children who are born today grow up at a healthy weight.

Each of us needs to take responsibility for our own health and the health of our families, and the new health reform law can help. That's why I'm writing today -- to make sure you and Americans across the country know how their health plans are getting better day by day under reform.

Please visit HealthCare.gov and find out more about your care:

Health Care

Thank you,

Michelle Obama

---

At least she didn't Focus on ONLY Black Children this time.

:)

peace...

Was Michelle a Fat Kid when she was young?...

michelleobamayearbook.jpg

^That's about as early as I have Found not Searching with any Intensity....

obama-dad.jpg

^Her husband was a little Chunky...

Being raised by Grandparents can do that.

Oh, I'm Sorry... He's Southside Chicago, Motherfucker!... My Bad.

peace...

The Congressional Budget Office has so far "failed to attribute any savings to increased efforts to provide preventive efforts like stop-smoking programs," challenging the notion that preventive care saves money for the health care system, NPR reports. "Former CBO health analyst Joe Antos, now at the American Enterprise Institute, says preventive services often cost more than they save. In screening people for cancer, for example, he says, 'you screen literally millions of people, sometimes at fairly high cost per screen. You'll pick up some true positives, people who really have the disease. You'll pick up some false positives.' Then all those people have to be followed up by the medical system, which costs even more money."

Do Prevention Programs Save Money? CBO Says 'No'

From your article:
Under this new law, all new private plans will provide basic preventive services . . . . . absolutely free of charge. No copay. No deductible. No co-insurance needed.

Really makes you wonder what the hell goes through their pea brains.

Is there a point to this thread? I know you think you're making the president and/or Michelle Obama look bad, but I'm not sure how you think you're doing that with the post you made.

Thanks for pointing out that they want our country to be healthy. The nerve of them.

The Congressional Budget Office has so far "failed to attribute any savings to increased efforts to provide preventive efforts like stop-smoking programs," challenging the notion that preventive care saves money for the health care system, NPR reports. "Former CBO health analyst Joe Antos, now at the American Enterprise Institute, says preventive services often cost more than they save. In screening people for cancer, for example, he says, 'you screen literally millions of people, sometimes at fairly high cost per screen. You'll pick up some true positives, people who really have the disease. You'll pick up some false positives.' Then all those people have to be followed up by the medical system, which costs even more money."

Do Prevention Programs Save Money? CBO Says 'No'

From your article:
Under this new law, all new private plans will provide basic preventive services . . . . . absolutely free of charge. No copay. No deductible. No co-insurance needed.

Really makes you wonder what the hell goes through their pea brains.

Control... The Marxist Types NEED to have it.

peace...

Is there a point to this thread? I know you think you're making the president and/or Michelle Obama look bad, but I'm not sure how you think you're doing that with the post you made.

Thanks for pointing out that they want our country to be healthy. The nerve of them.

You're an Idiot, aren't you... :lol:

peace...

peace...

I am, that's why I'm asking you to point out to me how what you posted makes the Obamas look bad.

peace...

I am, that's why I'm asking you to point out to me how what you posted makes the Obamas look bad.

If you Drink their Kool-Aid then I Doubt it looks bad to you... :lol:

peace...

Vice President Michelle Obama?... It's Officially a Co-Presidency.

By "officially", do you mean "literally"?

And by "literally", are you using the Merriam-Webster definition, or the Hannity definition?

And by calling her "Vice President Michelle Obama", wouldn't that make it a Co-VICE Presidency?

Last edited:

peace...

peace...

Ok, let's say I not only I drink the kool-aid, I swim in it. Now will you please show me how what you posted makes the Obamas look bad? How many insults do you need to throw at me before you just answer my question?

peace...

Ok, let's say I not only I drink the kool-aid, I swim in it. Now will you please show me how what you posted makes the Obamas look bad? How many insults do you need to throw at me before you just answer my question?

You do... And you can't see it...

peace...

peace...

Pretty much what I thought. You post useless garbage and find fault in anything and EVERYTHING that has the name Obama attached to it. When asked to provide a simple explanation as to the reasoning behind why you started the thread, you actually can't. Thanks for proving my point so brilliantly.

Pretty much what I thought. You post useless garbage and find fault in anything and EVERYTHING that has the name Obama attached to it. When asked to provide a simple explanation as to the reasoning behind why you started the thread, you actually can't. Thanks for proving my point so brilliantly.

You've Proven Nothing... Try again. :lol:

peace...

peace...

I've shown that you can't explain even the crap that you post and that you'd rather just toss insults rather then have a discussion.

peace...

I've shown that you can't explain even the crap that you post and that you'd rather just toss insults rather then have a discussion.

I am taking Odds on how long you can keep this Trolling up...

peace...

What does Hannity have to do with anything?...

Because Hannity uses the word "literally" to mean something that is actually not "literally".

I assume that in the thread title, when you used the word "officially", you meant "un-officially".

You listen to Hannity?... :lol:

He's an Asshat and you are Assisting his Income by Adding to his Ratings.

What are you talking about???

Hannity is a great man and a REAL American.

But in reality, I neither listen to nor watch any political discussion programs because they are all asshats.

The only asshat that I listen to is YOU.

Forum List

Back