Vice President Joe Biden reports for jury duty in Delaware

"I don't consider myself different than any other person," Biden told the newspaper. "This is important. ... It is an honor to be a part of the system."

:clap2:

A Walmart employee could probably get excused from jury duty for being too busy but the Vice President? Everyone knows he has way too much time on his hands.

Why the hell are we congratulating someone on doing their civic duty? It really is beyond my comprehension.

Its a little known fact that Delaware has an open bar in the Jury Pool waiting room.

Why the hell are we congratulating someone on doing their civic duty? It really is beyond my comprehension.
because many Americans do everything they can to avoid doing this civic duty

I got caught up in a jury for week, aggravated rape of a minor. Disgusting stuff. He's now doing life in Angola State Penitentiary. No chance of parole. Took us 10 minutes.

political-pictures-joe-biden-in-democracy.jpg

I got caught up in a jury for week, aggravated rape of a minor. Disgusting stuff. He's now doing life in Angola State Penitentiary. No chance of parole. Took us 10 minutes.

Same thing here, only a pot conviction. His argument was, it wasn't his pot (they found it under the seat when they got him to the station). I was the Foreman. After 4 days of testimony, I asked for them to let us see a patrol car. They brought the car he had been arrested in. We wanted to see how easy it would have been for a handcuffed man to hide pot under the seat.

When they sent us to the Jury room to deliberate, as advised I called for a vote first just to see where we were.

Unanimous that he was guilty. 11 minutes after being sent to deliberate 4 days of testimony, we returned with a verdict.

He got 9 years (repeat offender), which meant he sat there at least 4 and a half. Probably still there, unless he lost his attitude along the way.

Don't bring your pot to Bama. We don't play around.

Same thing here, only a pot conviction. His argument was, it wasn't his pot (they found it under the seat when they got him to the station). I was the Foreman. After 4 days of testimony, I asked for them to let us see a patrol car. They brought the car he had been arrested in. We wanted to see how easy it would have been for a handcuffed man to hide pot under the seat.

When they sent us to the Jury room to deliberate, as advised I called for a vote first just to see where we were.

Unanimous that he was guilty. 11 minutes after being sent to deliberate 4 days of testimony, we returned with a verdict.

He got 9 years (repeat offender), which meant he sat there at least 4 and a half. Probably still there, unless he lost his attitude along the way.

You're from Alabama? Figures.:eusa_whistle:

9 years for pot??? We dont even half jury trials for pot. The max is 30 days in.

"I don't consider myself different than any other person," Biden told the newspaper. "This is important. ... It is an honor to be a part of the system."

:clap2:

WTF does the vice president do, anyway? It's not like he runs the country or does anything else unless the senate is tied.

in biden's case, that happens not to be true. he was given the afghanistan portfolio a long time ago and is a major liasion between the administration and the military.

not that i want to burst anyone's bubble or anything. :)

I've been excused from Jury duty lately. I consider it a conflict of interest to serve on the jury of a case I could potentially be trying. The government seems to agree.

Funny thing is, the last day I was selected to go in, my colleague was picking a jury for a case that day. It would have been so freaking funny to have gone into my court as a potential jury member just to see how long it would take before they'd send me home.

WTF does the vice president do, anyway? It's not like he runs the country or does anything else unless the senate is tied.

in biden's case, that happens not to be true. he was given the afghanistan portfolio a long time ago and is a major liasion between the administration and the military.

not that i want to burst anyone's bubble or anything. :)

Im not sure he actually does anything for that.

Oh he says it was for jury duty. I heard its as close to the White House they will let him park.

Forum List

Back