Vice Admiral: Obama was outmaneuvered by Russians on START

Obama shouldn't have bargained away missile defense.

That made him an idiot.
Missile defense was the best hope of ending the threat of nuclear annihilation.

The combustion engine once didn't work...manned flight didn't work...computers didn't work...microchips didn't work...right up until the day they did.

Should we have stopped working on any of them because they didn't work?

=========================
This really kills me. "That made him an idiot".
OK, here we have the Joint Chiefs of Staff, all of the Nato Commanders, all former Secretary of States, the IAEA, and all former Presidents of the US supporting START as it is and the right wing ideological willing idiots think Obama is the idiot!
And the far right thinks they know more? Who do they have that has the experience and knowledge to counter those who supported the NOW done deal called START.

Not a done deal...the Russians believe that START abolishes Missile Defense.

Obama wrote a letter to Congress that Missile Defense is not addressed by START in order to get it passed.

Now the Russians need more time...I wonder why.

New START and Missile Defense
Setting the Record Straight

Allegation: Russia will withdraw from the treaty if the U.S. increases its missile defense capabilities, as they declared in their unilateral statement. Therefore, New START limits U.S. missile defense.
Truth: Prior to the signing of New START, the U.S. and Russia released unilateral statements pertaining to missile defense.12 Russia stated that “a build-up in [U.S.] missile defense system capabilities” may be grounds for Russian withdrawal from the treaty. The U.S. stated that, regardless, it will “continue improving and deploying its missile defense systems.” Defense Secretary Robert Gates affirmed this U.S. position when he testified that “the United States will continue to improve our capability to defend ourselves, our deployed forces, and our allies and partners against ballistic missile threats…We have made all this clear to the Russians.”13 These unilateral statements are just that – independent opinions that reflect each country’s view on the subject. They are not legally binding nor are they part of the treaty itself. The Soviet Union made a similar unilateral statement when signing START I, threatening to withdraw from START I if the U.S. pulled out of the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty. Although the U.S. announced its withdrawal from the ABM Treaty in 2001, Russia remained a Party to START I. Clearly, unilateral statements cannot be counted on as reliable predictors of behavior or future obligations.

]
http://americansecurityproject.org/...-on-New-START-and-Missile-Defense-FINAL-3.pdf

I hope this helps clear up misconceptions

Last edited:
I see...the Statist DEMOCRATS have been in charge of the purse strings...and yet still fund the enterprise against YOUR wishes and your post here....

Seems to me Carbonated? You are barking up the wrong tree as perusual.

Take it up with Jarhead. He's the one who says any of you imbeciles who say Reagan won the Cold War, and actually mean it,

are full of shit.

I see. So you defer to another for what you wrote...

How convienient for you.

Feel better of yourself do you?

Here's where Jarhead says you're full of shit if you claim Reagan won the Cold War:

I said:
So you agree that anyone who says Reagan won the Cold War is full of shit.

Fair enough. Good concession on your part.

Jarhead said:

Actually, unlike you, I do not examine the exact meaning of the words used....I, instead, take into consideration the spirit of what is actually being expressed.

So I guess when you say that someone is as quick as lightening...you actually mean that they run at the speed of 186,000 miles per second.

...get it? Jarhead is saying that 'Reagan won the Cold War' is just a figure of speech that doesn't really mean he won the Cold War.

Forum List

Back