VFW Now Wants An Apology From trump

President Numbnuts said Traumatic Brain injury was like a “headache.” That is why veterans want an apology,

Most of the "injured" were back on the job in minutes.
WEll, I see both sides. On the one hand, President Trump is not a neurologist who knows that a blow to the head can hide an issue of brain damage that doesn't show up for 30 years. It's called dementia II, in which the brain over time, but with aging accelerates until the head-trauma victim has full-blown dementia by age 65. They might miss a turn, and then forget where they're going as a first symptom. Then, one day you're at the drug store, and as you're walking out, his secretary of 30 years greets him in a smile, and he says "Uh..." and you see that he can't remember who she is. That's when you know there's something really wrong. His high-school head banger caused by stupidos beating a boy handicapped by a polio-withered arm because they can. And after that, it's like a snowball gathering size and speed as it rolls down hill the next 7 or 8 years until one day, he doesn't wake up from his nap, and he's gone. :(

No, most people don't know about brain injuries and its future. I wouldn't if it hadn't happened to my late husband. I was cheated out of what should have been the best years of his and my life. I hated being this wonderful man's jailer, but the things he did were way off the wall, and the sheriffs in 3 cities told me they didn't want him driving in their counties. You have to watch a dementia person 24/7/365 every minute. You have to make sure he never finds the car keys again, so you stuff 3 sets of household/car keys in your jeans at night, which means you have to wear bluejeans to sleep in every night so he can't get them.

President Trump wouldn't have known that, God love him. I didn't have a single clue what it was like till it happened to us. I hope the VFW will lighten up some until it sinks in just how bad the lives of their brain trauma soldiers could someday be if neurologists can't control the problem until some bright bulb among them figures out what can stop this from happening to people who get their brains knocked around at some point in life before old age.

I pray for our troops who were injured, with all my heart, and hope someone tries to find out the secret for reversing the damage. It's a crummy way to go. Even so, the day before he died, my husband still knew my name, because I asked him, and he answered correctly. The next day, I saw that he napped a lot, so I did too, but when I woke up, he didn't. :(

The Pennsylvania Dutch have a saying: "We grow too soon aldt, and too late schmardt."

*sigh*

Oh, I'm sure that Trump knows, more than neurologists. Just ask him.

Forum List

Back