VFW Now Wants An Apology From trump

Whether our leader is guilty of anything or not, the words of an apology can only go so far. After something questionable happens, the activity that takes place next is what makes a more notable difference compared to words.

God bless you and our leader and our service men and women always!!!

Holly

I don't blame them. trump constantly shows such disrespect and contempt for our military.

A traumatic brain injury isn't a headache. It's a serious injury and our military deserve much better than what they're getting from trump.

VFW seeks Trump apology for downplaying injuries from Iranian missile strike

What should he apologize for?

It was Trump's job to make sure he gave us the correct information and what he said trivializes the injuries our soldiers received.

He's not a Dr.
Maybe the military should make sure they're passing on valid information?

I suspect he simply repeated what the commanders in the field told him.

He should still offer an apology, promise to look into the breakdown in communications, and act like HE is the Commander in Chief and says the buck stops here.
Like Obama apologized for lying about 4 Americans deaths?

I set the bar higher for Trump, but if you want Trump to be the caliber of Obama, then that's on you. In my thinking, a leader steps up and apologizes even if his intel was bad. Those people who fed him the intel are still Trump's men.

Look, if you go to MickedDs and they screw up your sandwich, it's usually the manager that comes out and apologizes because the workers screwed up.

I don't blame them. trump constantly shows such disrespect and contempt for our military.

A traumatic brain injury isn't a headache. It's a serious injury and our military deserve much better than what they're getting from trump.

It was Trump's job to make sure he gave us the correct information and what he said trivializes the injuries our soldiers received.

He's not a Dr.

If you inadvertently rely on misinformation, you apologize. Then you fix that situation so that you get better intel the next time.

"Never complain, never explain."
- attributed to Benjamin Disraeli, and others.

He should still offer an apology, promise to look into the breakdown in communications, and act like HE is the Commander in Chief and says the buck stops here.

I set the bar higher for Trump, but if you want Trump to be the caliber of Obama, then that's on you. In my thinking, a leader steps up and apologizes even if his intel was bad. Those people who fed him the intel are still Trump's men.

Look, if you go to MickedDs and they screw up your sandwich, it's usually the manager that comes out and apologizes because the workers screwed up.

Thats a weak analogy.
So how many workers are under a manager at MickyD's on a given shift?
6, maybe 8?
How many under Trump....I wont even hazard a guess but you get the idea.
It's kinda hard to micro manage hundreds of thousands of people,possibly millions.

He's not a Dr.

If you inadvertently rely on misinformation, you apologize. Then you fix that situation so that you get better intel the next time.

So Trump should throw the military under the bus?

Thats a weak analogy.
6, maybe 8?
It's kinda hard to micro manage hundreds of thousands of people,possibly millions.

You missed the point. Some people felt snubbed. Right or wrong, the leader stands up, apologizes and then promises that he did not know those men / women were injured as badly as they were. Then he can assure everyone that he will make sure those injured are taken care of.

He's not a Dr.

How does Trump accepting the blame, whether deservedly or not, throw the military under the bus? How would a little conference with military leaders stressing the need to fully evaluate a situation before making any statements throw the military under the bus?

Thats a weak analogy.
6, maybe 8?

You missed the point. Some people felt snubbed. Right or wrong, the leader stands up, apologizes and then promises that he did not know those men / women were injured as badly as they were. Then he can assure everyone that he will make sure those injured are taken care of.

I see your point but that essentially throws the military brass under the bus.
If they were appointed by barry during the purge I wouldnt have any qualms about that but it would still seem petty to do so in the public eye.
The brass put Trump in a no win situation.
If I were Trump I'd quietly shit can those who gave me the erroneous info unless they had a damn good explanation as to why they were so wrong.

He's not a Dr.

How does Trump accepting the blame, whether deservedly or not, throw the military under the bus? How would a little conference with military leaders stressing the need to fully evaluate a situation before making any statements throw the military under the bus?

So Trump is supposed to accept the blame when it's the brass that are the morons?
Or should he say he was misinformed by the brass?

Thats a weak analogy.
6, maybe 8?

I see your point but that essentially throws the military brass under the bus.
If they were appointed by barry during the purge I wouldnt have any qualms about that but it would still seem petty to do so in the public eye.
The brass put Trump in a no win situation.
If I were Trump I'd quietly shit can those who gave me the erroneous info unless they had a damn good explanation as to why they were so wrong.

I'd do the same thing. But, the entire matter would be handled in private with no notice to the media and no public statements since those reports involve intel for national security, which outweighs the media's privilege of getting a new headline.

He's not a Dr.

So Trump is supposed to accept the blame when it's the brass that are the morons?
Or should he say he was misinformed by the brass?

I'd say both. Apologize for what happens and promise to look into the communications breakdown to see if we can prevent it from happening in the future.

Forum List

Back