VFW Now Wants An Apology From trump

He should apologize for making public the information he was given.
upload_2020-1-25_22-26-19.jpeg

I don't blame them. trump constantly shows such disrespect and contempt for our military.

A traumatic brain injury isn't a headache. It's a serious injury and our military deserve much better than what they're getting from trump.

VFW seeks Trump apology for downplaying injuries from Iranian missile strike

What should he apologize for?

It was Trump's job to make sure he gave us the correct information and what he said trivializes the injuries our soldiers received.

Most of the "injured" were back on the job in minutes.
WEll, I see both sides. On the one hand, President Trump is not a neurologist who knows that a blow to the head can hide an issue of brain damage that doesn't show up for 30 years. It's called dementia II, in which the brain over time, but with aging accelerates until the head-trauma victim has full-blown dementia by age 65. They might miss a turn, and then forget where they're going as a first symptom. Then, one day you're at the drug store, and as you're walking out, his secretary of 30 years greets him in a smile, and he says "Uh..." and you see that he can't remember who she is. That's when you know there's something really wrong. His high-school head banger caused by stupidos beating a boy handicapped by a polio-withered arm because they can. And after that, it's like a snowball gathering size and speed as it rolls down hill the next 7 or 8 years until one day, he doesn't wake up from his nap, and he's gone. :(

No, most people don't know about brain injuries and its future. I wouldn't if it hadn't happened to my late husband. I was cheated out of what should have been the best years of his and my life. I hated being this wonderful man's jailer, but the things he did were way off the wall, and the sheriffs in 3 cities told me they didn't want him driving in their counties. You have to watch a dementia person 24/7/365 every minute. You have to make sure he never finds the car keys again, so you stuff 3 sets of household/car keys in your jeans at night, which means you have to wear bluejeans to sleep in every night so he can't get them.

President Trump wouldn't have known that, God love him. I didn't have a single clue what it was like till it happened to us. I hope the VFW will lighten up some until it sinks in just how bad the lives of their brain trauma soldiers could someday be if neurologists can't control the problem until some bright bulb among them figures out what can stop this from happening to people who get their brains knocked around at some point in life before old age.

I pray for our troops who were injured, with all my heart, and hope someone tries to find out the secret for reversing the damage. It's a crummy way to go. Even so, the day before he died, my husband still knew my name, because I asked him, and he answered correctly. The next day, I saw that he napped a lot, so I did too, but when I woke up, he didn't. :(

The Pennsylvania Dutch have a saying: "We grow too soon aldt, and too late schmardt."

*sigh*

WEll, I see both sides. On the one hand, President Trump is not a neurologist who knows that a blow to the head can hide an issue of brain damage that doesn't show up for 30 years. It's called dementia II, in which the brain over time, but with aging accelerates until the head-trauma victim has full-blown dementia by age 65. They might miss a turn, and then forget where they're going as a first symptom. Then, one day you're at the drug store, and as you're walking out, his secretary of 30 years greets him in a smile, and he says "Uh..." and you see that he can't remember who she is. That's when you know there's something really wrong. His high-school head banger caused by stupidos beating a boy handicapped by a polio-withered arm because they can. And after that, it's like a snowball gathering size and speed as it rolls down hill the next 7 or 8 years until one day, he doesn't wake up from his nap, and he's gone. :(

No, most people don't know about brain injuries and its future. I wouldn't if it hadn't happened to my late husband. I was cheated out of what should have been the best years of his and my life. I hated being this wonderful man's jailer, but the things he did were way off the wall, and the sheriffs in 3 cities told me they didn't want him driving in their counties. You have to watch a dementia person 24/7/365 every minute. You have to make sure he never finds the car keys again, so you stuff 3 sets of household/car keys in your jeans at night, which means you have to wear bluejeans to sleep in every night so he can't get them.

President Trump wouldn't have known that, God love him. I didn't have a single clue what it was like till it happened to us. I hope the VFW will lighten up some until it sinks in just how bad the lives of their brain trauma soldiers could someday be if neurologists can't control the problem until some bright bulb among them figures out what can stop this from happening to people who get their brains knocked around at some point in life before old age.

I pray for our troops who were injured, with all my heart, and hope someone tries to find out the secret for reversing the damage. It's a crummy way to go. Even so, the day before he died, my husband still knew my name, because I asked him, and he answered correctly. The next day, I saw that he napped a lot, so I did too, but when I woke up, he didn't. :(

The Pennsylvania Dutch have a saying: "We grow too soon aldt, and too late schmardt."

*sigh*
There were no blows to anyone's head. Which is why there were initial reports of no injuries.

I suspect he simply repeated what the commanders in the field told him.
I suspect it wasn't really important to him. His original initial statements to minimize what he may or may not have been aware of and hour after the attack were right. Not speaking or tweeting much until the next morning, right on. First statement of 11 being sent for evaluation, OK. After that it became bullsh%t. If he cared, he would have known everybody else was going to care, got out ahead of information before it came out in the news, from people mostly in foreign countries. Continuing the charade in silence or minimizing known cases classified as Traumatic Brain Injury is just another shameless Trump lie. If he were half a man he would stand and deliver apology for his senseless remarks. Those guys went there for all of us. They are not asking for or expecting any apologies. Their injuries in that one attack were because of action HE personally took (that I happen to support) and as commander and issuer of the orders to the chain of command, he is responsible for. To minimize known injury, is disrespect to those under his command, serving in harms way at his command. The Veterans of Foreign Wars organization is correct.

Don't you love the predictable defend Trump at all costs Caucus?

*sigh*
There were no blows to anyone's head. Which is why there were initial reports of no injuries.
You can't see trauma to the brain. And the guys get up and walk away from a brain trauma, and they likely won't know anything's wrong for 30 years. I can see why a commander would see his guys getting up and checking guns and bags and getting ready to evacuate the area, and not know they were hurt, but not in ways that were visible.

President Trump was given the information available from the initial attack. They got up and got their gear together and went back to their barracks, seemingly okay. Now they're saying they weren't okay. President Trump will be filled in soon. All we can do is pray for them and hope they get care from neurologists that will help them prevent a very unhappy future in later life. I hope all goes well for our fighting men.

*sigh*
You can't see trauma to the brain. And the guys get up and walk away from a brain trauma, and they likely won't know anything's wrong for 30 years. I can see why a commander would see his guys getting up and checking guns and bags and getting ready to evacuate the area, and not know they were hurt, but not in ways that were visible.

President Trump was given the information available from the initial attack. They got up and got their gear together and went back to their barracks, seemingly okay. Now they're saying they weren't okay. President Trump will be filled in soon. All we can do is pray for them and hope they get care from neurologists that will help them prevent a very unhappy future in later life. I hope all goes well for our fighting men.
Just to clear things up. Is it your position that after the missiles struck empty buildings our military started bashing one another in the head?

You love it more when you can kick Trump quoting initial reports and anyone who knows that indeed he does care for the troops. Go ahead. Beat up everybody who isn't a brain surgeon for not knowing a later diagnosis would indicate a bigger problem. Rejoice all you care to.

*sigh*

Just to clear things up. Is it your position that after the missiles struck empty buildings our military started bashing one another in the head?
They did? First I've heard of it.

Predictable as the criticize Trump at all cost caucus are.

When you criticize at all cost, you just come off looking partisan.

When you defend at all costs....at some point, you sell your soul.
Very cheap rationalization.

And very accurate.

Tell me - is there anything Trump has done that you haven't defended?

Forum List

Back