VFW demands apology after host says he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers hero

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
A top veterans group called Monday for an "immediate and unequivocal apology" after an MSNBC host said on the eve of Memorial Day that it makes him "uncomfortable" to describe fallen soldiers as heroes.
Chris Hayes made the comment while kicking off a panel discussion Sunday on his show, "Up With Chris Hayes."
He noted it's "very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words 'heroes.'"
Hayes tried to explain why that makes him uneasy: "I feel ... uncomfortable about the word hero because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war."
Veterans of Foreign Wars, in addition to a throng of conservative bloggers and groups, slammed Hayes for being so conflicted about the term.

Read more: VFW demands apology after host says he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers heroes | Fox News

A top veterans group called Monday for an "immediate and unequivocal apology" after an MSNBC host said on the eve of Memorial Day that it makes him "uncomfortable" to describe fallen soldiers as heroes.
Chris Hayes made the comment while kicking off a panel discussion Sunday on his show, "Up With Chris Hayes."
He noted it's "very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words 'heroes.'"
Hayes tried to explain why that makes him uneasy: "I feel ... uncomfortable about the word hero because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war."
Veterans of Foreign Wars, in addition to a throng of conservative bloggers and groups, slammed Hayes for being so conflicted about the term.

Read more: VFW demands apology after host says he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers heroes | Fox News

The saddest part of this incident is that the moronic wanna be morally superior liberal has benefited from all those heroes (makes him uncomfortable) deaths.

Their deaths allow him to spew such bile in such an insensitive way on the eve of Memorial Day.

The bastard really doesn't get it.

The saddest part of this incident is that the moronic wanna be morally superior liberal has benefited from all those heroes (makes him uncomfortable) deaths.

Their deaths allow him to spew such bile in such an insensitive way on the eve of Memorial Day.

He looks more like a bitch to me. he so purty! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A WWII vet I know says we have no business being in Iraq and Afghanistan. Does THAT make him a "pimp faced moron"?
Or are only vets allowed to criticize the Military and its soldiers actions nowadays?

A WWII vet I know says we have no business being in Iraq and Afghanistan. Does THAT make him a "pimp faced moron"?
Or are only vets allowed to criticize the Military and its soldiers actions nowadays?

He can criticize them all he wants to,, and I get to call him a pimp faced moron. so there!

Maybe we should not have been in Iraq but Afghanistan we should. Plus I said it before the people who serve are not to blame. They just follow orders and do not ask why...

I am a Vietnam Vet who also says the we have No business in either Iraq or Afghanistan.

But that's not the point.

We "Honor" our soldiers for their dedication and sacrifice to our nation.

And for the "Hero's" who paid the ultimate price. :cool:

I read what the guy quoted and I took it to mean that far too often the reverence we all feel for the ultimate sacrifice of our young men and women is sullied by politics and overused by the pro war crowd. Their deaths should never, ever be used to glorify war itself, it should be something that every single one of us considers a last resort.

NO ! That makes him a man capable of critical thinking.....unlike these dolts you pay now to "defend" your FreeDumb.

I read what the guy quoted and I took it to mean that far too often the reverence we all feel for the ultimate sacrifice of our young men and women is sullied by politics and overused by the pro war crowd. Their deaths should never, ever be used to glorify war itself, it should be something that every single one of us considers a last resort.

That is how I understood his comment(s) also.

Ask Pat Tillman's family if he gets it.

Ask Jessica Lynch and her family if Hayes gets it.

I am a Vietnam Vet who also says the we have No business in either Iraq or Afghanistan.

But that's not the point.

We "Honor" our soldiers for their dedication and sacrifice to our nation.

And for the "Hero's" who paid the ultimate price. :cool:

So they should be used as pawns for more war?

He's a pimp faced moron
He has herpes of the mouth. He breaks out all the time and you can't get rid of him without Lysine, which he should get for saying pus about heroes on Memorial Day.

Free speech is one thing. Treasonous speech against fighting men is intolerable.

Yes, the lies told to send US troops to their injuries, & deaths are intolerable.

Forum List

Back