Vet's and the healthcare bill...

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
Military retirees and medical discharged service members. Are we covered and exempted from the bullshit requirements of the Senate Bill? I know Pelosi looked out for Vets in the House Bill but I think the Senate Bill fucks us over....has anyone found the section dealing with veterans and military retirees yet? If so post a link please.

We are required to have health Insurance, I have it, Tricare and Medicare. My wife has Tricare.

My son has no job so I guess Obama and friends will be paying for his health care.

We are required to have health Insurance, I have it, Tricare and Medicare. My wife has Tricare.

My son has no job so I guess Obama and friends will be paying for his health care.

That's not what I meant...are we exempt from purchasing healthcare because we automatically get Tri-Care standard upon retirement. Pelosi had a specific claus inserted that said we were exempt from any fines when the IRS notices we are not paying health insurance premiums.

That's not what I meant...are we exempt from purchasing healthcare because we automatically get Tri-Care standard upon retirement. Pelosi had a specific claus inserted that said we were exempt from any fines when the IRS notices we are not paying health insurance premiums.

The law requires we have health Insurance if they try to force me to pay a penalty I will sue. I have health insurance. So does my wife.

Good question. I dunno. My guess is that Tri-Care makes you exempt.

The law requires we have health Insurance if they try to force me to pay a penalty I will sue. I have health insurance. So does my wife.

That's what I was driving at RGS...I have health insurance and my daughter does also...Tri_Care Standard because I'm outside the country...they cannot touch me either.

Speaking of IRS enforcement...I bet there will be a new block on the W-2 and the 1040 specifically asking how much we paid in healthcare premiums.

Forum List

Back