Veterans: Unsuspecting Victims of Cain ;)

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
So, as many of you know, I thank a veteran usually every time I see one, no matter what. Well, here are some instances I have had in the past 2 weeks because of that, and I must admit, some are pretty hilarious:

-Walking in Wal Mart, I see a guy wearing a Coast Guard hat, older fellow, and I walk up to him stick my hand out and say "Thanks for Serving" He looks at my hand and me, and I honestly thought he was going to say "What do you mean?" but he shook it and smiled. I almost want to bet he had never had anyone do that before.

-I seen a member of the 101st Airborne eating at Ryan's yesterday, and as I was walking to the buffet [eating the healthy stuff :)] I simply say "Thanks for Serving" I do not know what was with this guy, but he acted like I was going to kill him. I guess he was a little 'off' because after that, if I went by, he'd practically freeze up and hold onto his fork like he was going to break it. I guess a little shy?

-I seen a guy in the Mall one day, he had the same Key Chain Air Force Banner I do, and I stop, his daughter and wife literally run to the back of the store shopping (it was one of those teenage stores, I think Rue 21), and I start to talk to him. We spend, had to be, 20 minutes talking about how he had worked on practically every plane in the USAF, and his wife/daughter are the whole time in the back shopping. He basically told me to watch my butt at Basic, as any veteran does, and I had a pretty good talk with him. Pretty awesome choice on my part to say Thanks.

-I seen a guy parked outside of Borders, and he had a Support The Troops banner, but it said 'Air Force' on it, he nearly hits me as I was pulling out, but I see that, so I park beside him (I was leaving, but wanted to say Thanks anyways) and I get out, and say "Thanks for Serving" but apparently, his daughter is in BMT as a Loadmaster, and he had that for her. He then said "Really, it should be thanks for yall" (Live in the South, yall is allowable).

Anyways, them are a few of my experiences. I also found out, the local Veterans Affairs guy is a ex-Navy Seal, he is in his 60's but the guy runs like 4 miles everyday lol, pretty beastly guy. I also met a guy who has been in the US Air Force, US Army, and is now in the National Guard, and he has 7 MOS's stacked. I don't know how. He works out at the gym, I call him the "Macgyver" of the Military lol that is my nickname for him everytime I see him, he loves it :lol:.

Just love thanking them, I hope people thank me when I am in, just so I know I am doing it right, but it isn't why I joined for sure lol. I love the surprised ones most of all.

Saying thanks to our servicemen and women is a good thing. I have a habit of doing it. It always seems to bring on a smile.

Sometimes, guys in civvies will have that haircut that gives 'em away. I usually say "looks like a military cut" and that gets the conversation rolling. Yeah I've been told they appreciate a pat on the back once in a while. :thup:

Forum List

Back