Veterans, Retirees

I support anyone who supports constitutional, electoral process.
And when the electoral process doesn't work owing to corruption by corporate money or oligarchical influence, or by outright fraud or vote-rigging, or by arbitrary judicial proclamation -- such as that which installed George W. Bush as President in 2008, who would you support then?

Funny how "the electoral process doesn't work" only when a republican gets elected.
Well then, tell us another President who was arbitrarily installed by the Supreme Court instead of elected by the People. Or doesn't that strike you as rather unusual?

I'm always amused at how many people use the excuse that big money has separated "the government" from The People, that the federal government is somehow separate and distinct from The People, that it is a stand alone entity. Such thinking reveals a criminal misunderstanding of the Constitution and how our government works....and why. Do you simpletons not understand that WE are the government! WE hold the reigns of power in this country and always will, unless some knuckleheads decide to change our form of government to suit themselves. Do you not know that whatever the government does, at any level, is because THAT'S WHAT WE THE PEOPLE WANT! Don't like what The People want? Tough.

-------
When was the last time you read any of the bills up for consideration? If the People hold the reigns of power, then why is it that Congress is voting themselves raises? An employee in a company can't just give themselves a raise. So why is Congress passing bills allowing for pay increases, and yearly Cost of Living Allowances? I didn't vote for it!
I will agree, that to some degree our system works; however, why are we so interested in other countries' problems, when we can't attend to our own?! Check out the debt -- The first thing Kerry did was hand out $$ to another country; so much for balancing the budget. If we focus more on Us and Ours, then maybe together we can address critical issues here at home.

Forum List

Back