Veterans, Retirees

Dec 2, 2011
SD
First off, please do not automatically make a decision about what I'm about to write. Consider it and let me know; constructively.....

I've been retired from the Air Force for 8 1/2 years, and have grown quite disappointed with our elected officials. In a nutshell, several founding fathers are quoted as saying it is our right to remove a government (such as what's happening now), and replace the broken government with one (likely the same principles, etc) that will work. Clean up many of the past legislation regarding Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, military benefits etc., and put people in office who actually care about the people.
The way things are going now, we will have NO military to defend our country since Clinton caused a drastic decrease in manning, the Bush administrations continued the "war", and now we're sending more troops out to defend embassies abroad. If the locals don't want us, then we withdraw, rather than try to remain in place. We have to be able to defend this country.
If this adminstration continues on course, I feel it's time to sign hard copy petitions and swamp our elected officials with the notice that we are fed up. This president, based on his actions, and lack of actions/gestures, failure to follow custom (re: our flag), is not "fit" to be our president.
If he is elected, it's time to take back the country and make it for the people, of the people and by the people. Thank you.

We have the greatest Military ever seen on the face of the earth. Even seventy years ago we could fight a war on two fronts. An alleged Air force veteran should be aware that US is the last super power and their is no shortage of Troops and technology. Even a vague suggestion of the violent overthrow of the government is strange indeed coming from a Veteran.

No true America loving veteran even contemplates violence in opposition to the government.

We fight our wars in political contests.

If or when the government-or some portion thereof-becomes an enemy of the Constitution, it will become necessary to replace it with one that is not. Americans are sworn to that. Including you Jake.
The Constitution governs or empowers the government just the same as everyone else.

We have the greatest Military ever seen on the face of the earth. Even seventy years ago we could fight a war on two fronts. An alleged Air force veteran should be aware that US is the last super power and their is no shortage of Troops and technology. Even a vague suggestion of the violent overthrow of the government is strange indeed coming from a Veteran.
Blakcat51 never said anything about a violent overthrow.We have a right to remove any public official who is elected; by voting, by recall election and by impeachment. We have representatives to initiate these actions and that's what was suggested.

When any group, far left or far right rises up in America, the average citizens in their hundreds of thousands, will hunt the traitors down and put them down.

There will be no need for police, NG, or national troops.

Everyday Americans will destroy the traitors.

If or when the government-or some portion thereof-becomes an enemy of the Constitution, it will become necessary to replace it with one that is not. Americans are sworn to that. Including you Jake.
The Constitution governs or empowers the government just the same as everyone else.

what is happening now is no different than how the world of politics operated during Rome to the present.

Blakcat51 never said anything about a violent overthrow.We have a right to remove any public official who is elected; by voting, by recall election and by impeachment. We have representatives to initiate these actions and that's what was suggested.

We all know what elections are for. "Remove and replace the government" sounds like a vague suggestion of the violent overthrow of the government.

We all know what elections are for. "Remove and replace the government" sounds like a vague suggestion of the violent overthrow of the government.
Who said anything about violent overthrow? I must have missed it.

Nope. I didn't miss it after all! It was the Founding Fathers who said remove and replace. Should we dig 'em up and hang 'em?

Nope. I didn't miss it after all! It was the Founding Fathers who said remove and replace. Should we dig 'em up and hang 'em?

There you go. Everyone knows what elections are for but suddenly the radicals pretend to quote the FF and call for "remove and replace". Leave it to the anarchists to raise their ugly heads when the democrat party is in trouble and they want to suppress the republican turnout.

First off, please do not automatically make a decision about what I'm about to write. Consider it and let me know; constructively.....

I've been retired from the Air Force for 8 1/2 years, and have grown quite disappointed with our elected officials. In a nutshell, several founding fathers are quoted as saying it is our right to remove a government (such as what's happening now), and replace the broken government with one (likely the same principles, etc) that will work. Clean up many of the past legislation regarding Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, military benefits etc., and put people in office who actually care about the people.
The way things are going now, we will have NO military to defend our country since Clinton caused a drastic decrease in manning, the Bush administrations continued the "war", and now we're sending more troops out to defend embassies abroad. If the locals don't want us, then we withdraw, rather than try to remain in place. We have to be able to defend this country.
If this adminstration continues on course, I feel it's time to sign hard copy petitions and swamp our elected officials with the notice that we are fed up. This president, based on his actions, and lack of actions/gestures, failure to follow custom (re: our flag), is not "fit" to be our president.
If he is elected, it's time to take back the country and make it for the people, of the people and by the people. Thank you.

If you feel froggy- jump.

We heard the same crap back in the 70's when the weatherscum were trying to justify anarchy. The Founding Fathers said it was our right to remove ourselves from the tyranny of King George. They didn't give the stupids a reason to overthrow the government today.

I am glad to see the far left dumbos and the far right dumbos here understand they will obey constitutional, electoral process.

handjob.gif

I support anyone who supports constitutional, electoral process.
And when the electoral process doesn't work owing to corruption by corporate money or oligarchical influence, or by outright fraud or vote-rigging, or by arbitrary judicial proclamation -- such as that which installed George W. Bush as President in 2008, who would you support then?

I support anyone who supports constitutional, electoral process.
And when the electoral process doesn't work owing to corruption by corporate money or oligarchical influence, or by outright fraud or vote-rigging, or by arbitrary judicial proclamation -- such as that which installed George W. Bush as President in 2008, who would you support then?

Funny how "the electoral process doesn't work" only when a republican gets elected.

Forum List

Back