Veterans reject Bush appeal to end Kerry blitz

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2004/08/24/1093246530171.html

A group of Vietnam veterans bankrolled by George Bush supporters has rejected an appeal by the President and is vowing to continue a controversial series of TV ads criticising the Vietnam combat record of the Democratic challenger, John Kerry.

"Controversial"! (ie. because we say so)

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
Receipts: $ 158,750

Roy Hoffmann, a retired admiral and founder of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, said his organisation of more than 250 Vietnam veterans would continue to raise questions about Senator Kerry's combat service.

The nerve!

The anti-Kerry veterans planned a second week-long wave of campaign ads beginning yesterday in the battleground states of Pennsylvania, New Mexico and Nevada. The ad, highlighting Senator Kerry's congressional testimony about alleged atrocities by American GIs after his return from combat, appeared on the veterans' website on Friday.

How dare they show actual testimony to congress! Make it stop!

Mr Bush, speaking to reporters at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, said Senator Kerry "served admirably and he ought to be proud of his record".

Just like Kerry said about Bush and his record. You remember? When Bush and his record was hammered, I think I remember Theresa saying 'Shove it', but I could be confused. Nah.

The President's appeal came in the form of a broad request for all so-called "527" political organisations to cease campaign advertising. The privately funded organisations take their names from the section of the tax code regulating their activities.
[/qoute]

So called "527" groups? See how our so called "reporter" indicates a real doubt here? Hmmm...

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is one of the groups, as is the anti-Bush organisation MoveOn.org. "I don't think we ought to have 527s," said Mr Bush. "I think they're bad for the system."

http://www.truthlaidbear.com/archives/2004/08/22/527s_in_perspective.php#001354

Okay let's go through the budgets of all these Bush/Kerry 527's...

"ANTI-KERRY" 527:
Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
Receipts: $ 158,750

"ANTI-BUSH" 527:
MoveOn.org
Receipts: $9,086,102

WOW!

Wait....

Media Fund
Receipts: $ 28,127,488

HOLY COW!

America Coming Together
Receipts: $26,905,450

Service Employees International Union: $ 16,652,296

American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic Employees: $ 13,658,207

New Democrat Network: $ 7,172,693

Voices For Working Families: $ 3,668,280

Partnership for America's Families: $ 3,071,211

= A hell of lot of money for ANTI-BUSH... er.... PRO-KERRY... I mean, "INDEPENDENT" groups courtesy of unaffiliated contributors like George Soros and Theresa Kerry. Yep. 100% non-affiliated.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12187

Asked if he was calling on Swift Boat Veterans for Truth to cease their onslaught, Mr Bush replied: "All of them. That means that [Kerry] ad [and] every other ad."

that [Kerry] ad? What [Kerry] ad? The one Theresa paid for?

The Democratic vice-presidential candidate, John Edwards, accused Mr Bush of ducking responsibility for his allies' campaign attacks, which questioned whether Senator Kerry faced enemy fire in an operation for which the young US Navy skipper won the Bronze Star.

Someone slap him.

"The moment of truth came and went and the President still couldn't bring himself to do the right thing," Senator Edwards said in a statement. "Instead of hiding behind a front group, George Bush needs to take responsibility and demand that the ad come off the air."

How about you suck this, little boy? :baby:

A senior Kerry campaign strategist, Tad Devine, told reporters that Republican allegations against Senator Kerry would backfire on Mr Bush because "the allegations are not true and the President is behind them".

:stupid:

The Bush campaign and Admiral Hoffmann have denied any co-ordination, which would be illegal under US law.

Well sure, and it's illegal to stop them too!

The Kerry campaign has fought back against Admiral Hoffmann's group with two new TV ads in Ohio, Wisconsin and West Virginia. One Kerry ad accused Mr Bush of similarly smearing John McCain, the Republican senator, four years ago in the fight for the Republican presidential nomination, saying: "Now he's doing it to John Kerry."

er... that is, Bush and not the 527 swiftboat group ...

Senator McCain, a career navy pilot and former Vietnam prisoner of war, lost to Mr Bush in the hard-fought South Carolina presidential primary after Bush supporters distributed windshield leaflets accusing the senator of opposing legislation in Congress that would help veterans. Senator McCain, who beat Mr Bush in the New Hampshire primary, never regained his momentum.

McCain's voting policy was accused by Bush! Exactly like Kerry's service record accused by real vets! Exactly like it.

In a speech due to be delivered in New York late yesterday, Senator Kerry was expected to accuse Mr Bush of weakening the middle class, many of whom fear losing their jobs.

What about Vietnam and the accusations? No! Forget that whole thing, it's about JOBS.

More than 1.1 million jobs have been lost since Mr Bush entered the White House and there is growing public concern over the number of jobs going to low-wage countries such as China and India.

Of course it's about JOBS. It was never about Kerry's record. Those accusations of Kerry's lies are not worth of an answer from Kerry. We should forget that petty nonsense and talk about JOBS. This is the growing concern! "Reporting for Duty"? What are you talking about?

Growing economy? Vietnam? Cambodia? Purple hearts? What are you talking about?

IT'S ABOUT JOBS!!!

Look now, the media has no idea what this Vietnam issue was about, it's concern about lost jobs. Just drop it.

Pathetic?

You bet your ass it's pathetic.

Comrade said:
[
Growing economy? Vietnam? Cambodia? Purple hearts? What are you talking about?

IT'S ABOUT JOBS!!!

Look now, the media has no idea what this Vietnam issue was about, it's concern about lost jobs. Just drop it.

Pathetic?

You bet your ass it's pathetic.

Unfortunately, that part of your statement is true among a plurality, if not a majority of kerry supporters. There are those in this country who view America not so much as their home, but merely as a resource. These people will vote their pocketbook no matter what. They will support any slick, fast-talking huckster who promises them two chickens in every pot. The Clinton election is a prime example of that and the current support kerry enjoys is symptomatic of the same greedy, self-centered outlook. My mother-in-law is a prime example. She bases her vote on the interest rates she can get on a CD. She thinks Clinton was a national hero. She has no concept of the damage he caused this nation and frankly, I don't think she gives a damn.

Merlin1047 said:
Unfortunately, that part of your statement is true among a plurality, if not a majority of kerry supporters. There are those in this country who view America not so much as their home, but merely as a resource. These people will vote their pocketbook no matter what. They will support any slick, fast-talking huckster who promises them two chickens in every pot. The Clinton election is a prime example of that and the current support kerry enjoys is symptomatic of the same greedy, self-centered outlook. My mother-in-law is a prime example. She bases her vote on the interest rates she can get on a CD. She thinks Clinton was a national hero. She has no concept of the damage he caused this nation and frankly, I don't think she gives a damn.

DAMN-IT Merlin........You're really pissing me off!
I mean look, with what has come out in the last few days about Kerry, any reasonable person with average intelligence can see he's TOAST!

Then you bring up Clinton!

Just Damn!!!! Thanks for jarring me back to reality...
I agree with you, but hope we're both wrong. I hope that reasonable people with average intelligence are paying attention...THIS TIME.

And I think we may have the same In-Laws, cept I refer to em as the "Out-Laws".

Merlin1047 said:

The Democrats are getting fat off the declining moral character of this nation. It's why they play the envy card to such great effect. Envy used to be thought of as an undesirable, shameful trait. Now, a lot of people view it as a quite reasonable motivation for any number of the decisions they make. Moreover, if you don't use it, YOU'RE stupid. There's a moral war going on in this country, plain and simple.

As to the Swiftboat Vets, I understand that they're refusing to cease with their ads. Good for them. If they stopped now, it would prove that their actions were politically motivated - carried out solely to help President Bush. This is just not the case. This isn't a politics issue - it's a matter of truth vs. lies; honor vs. betrayal.

I saw an ad today here in Vegas. I forget the name of the group, but it was not a John Kerry ad, it WAS a 527. Now, I am confused. I thought 527's could not endorse any candidate, but this one did. It blasted NCLB and said that voting for Kerry would fix the problem (of course, the headline of the ad is that Kerry will hire 500,000 more teachers. Read that, as "hey unions, make sure you support me, cuz I am gonna just put more members into your ranks!).

Forum List

Back