Veterans reject Bush appeal to end Kerry blitz

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Comrade, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2004/08/24/1093246530171.html

"Controversial"! (ie. because we say so)

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
    Receipts: $ 158,750

The nerve!

How dare they show actual testimony to congress! Make it stop!

Just like Kerry said about Bush and his record. You remember? When Bush and his record was hammered, I think I remember Theresa saying 'Shove it', but I could be confused. Nah.

2. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Unfortunately, that part of your statement is true among a plurality, if not a majority of kerry supporters. There are those in this country who view America not so much as their home, but merely as a resource. These people will vote their pocketbook no matter what. They will support any slick, fast-talking huckster who promises them two chickens in every pot. The Clinton election is a prime example of that and the current support kerry enjoys is symptomatic of the same greedy, self-centered outlook. My mother-in-law is a prime example. She bases her vote on the interest rates she can get on a CD. She thinks Clinton was a national hero. She has no concept of the damage he caused this nation and frankly, I don't think she gives a damn.

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    DAMN-IT Merlin........You're really pissing me off!
    I mean look, with what has come out in the last few days about Kerry, any reasonable person with average intelligence can see he's TOAST!

Then you bring up Clinton!

Just Damn!!!! Thanks for jarring me back to reality...
    I agree with you, but hope we're both wrong. I hope that reasonable people with average intelligence are paying attention...THIS TIME.

And I think we may have the same In-Laws, cept I refer to em as the "Out-Laws".

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

The Democrats are getting fat off the declining moral character of this nation. It's why they play the envy card to such great effect. Envy used to be thought of as an undesirable, shameful trait. Now, a lot of people view it as a quite reasonable motivation for any number of the decisions they make. Moreover, if you don't use it, YOU'RE stupid. There's a moral war going on in this country, plain and simple.

As to the Swiftboat Vets, I understand that they're refusing to cease with their ads. Good for them. If they stopped now, it would prove that their actions were politically motivated - carried out solely to help President Bush. This is just not the case. This isn't a politics issue - it's a matter of truth vs. lies; honor vs. betrayal.

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I saw an ad today here in Vegas. I forget the name of the group, but it was not a John Kerry ad, it WAS a 527. Now, I am confused. I thought 527's could not endorse any candidate, but this one did. It blasted NCLB and said that voting for Kerry would fix the problem (of course, the headline of the ad is that Kerry will hire 500,000 more teachers. Read that, as "hey unions, make sure you support me, cuz I am gonna just put more members into your ranks!).