Veterans prefer Obama 44 -37

you people are missing the point.

99% of that 'poll' in the OP supported THE REPUBLICANS.

The Obama part was just the 'who I'd have a beer with' part of the poll.

you people are missing the point.

99% of that 'poll' in the OP supported THE REPUBLICANS.

The Obama part was just the 'who I'd have a beer with' part of the poll.

Not really.

The "who I'd have a beer with" was actually "who would you vote for".

And in the party specific questions, veterans leaned towards the GOP but amongst all polled the Dems and GOP were either split or the Dems had a slight edge.

What I found interesting was that 55% of vets somewhat or strongly agreed that homosexuals should be allowed to serve openly and only 23% somewhat or strongly disagreed.

I too am a veteran and I happen to know quite a few veterans (and active duty personnel) that support President Obama. Guess it's all in who you hang out with.

Yeah you admitted you are gay. and Gays will support Dem every time .. Just saying.. I have nothing against gays. I am in favor of gay marriage but it is just a fact that gays vote DEM

- Hi

Heterosexual veteran here. I, and many I have served with, support President Obama.

Have a nice day.
Yeah but you are complete moron . .Just saying

I too am a veteran and I happen to know quite a few veterans (and active duty personnel) that support President Obama. Guess it's all in who you hang out with.

If you hang out with Fags and Dykes, I guess you would favor Barry the first fag prez, like kind stick together.

images

Confusing poll, most believe the country is heading in the wrong direction, most believe GOP is better at the economy, most believe the GOP is better at veteran issues, most believe that there should be spending cuts, most believe GOP is better suited for foreign relations, yet the poll on who to vote for President, chose Obama.

Not really all that confusing. The last six months, during the Republican primary, the public has been treated to nothing but negative press about Obama. Reporters rush to quote one idiotic phrase after another uttered by Republican candidates. Many people still believe reporters are credible.

But looking at Romney's true record and comparing Republican rhetoric to reality, Obama has a good chance of winning.

It is when you look at polls showing Romney ahead in other polls, it sure raises questions.

Confusing poll, most believe the country is heading in the wrong direction, most believe GOP is better at the economy, most believe the GOP is better at veteran issues, most believe that there should be spending cuts, most believe GOP is better suited for foreign relations, yet the poll on who to vote for President, chose Obama.

Not really all that confusing. The last six months, during the Republican primary, the public has been treated to nothing but negative press about Obama. Reporters rush to quote one idiotic phrase after another uttered by Republican candidates. Many people still believe reporters are credible.

But looking at Romney's true record and comparing Republican rhetoric to reality, Obama has a good chance of winning.

Yeah, because as we ALL know...Mitt Romney has the Main Stream Media in his back pocket! You really are the board buffoon, Deanie. For the last six months the media have been gleefully reporting on Republicans bashing each other while generally giving Barry a pass as he sits on his bony ass in the Oval Office...doing nothing... pointing fingers at the GOP as the "problem".

Every time that the Democrats throw out yet another diversionary "crisis"...the war on women...Trayvon and racial profiling...voter disenfranchisement...student loans...the Media dutifully rush to report on it. In the meantime the country's economy continues to wallow at 2% or less and millions of Americans remain unemployed for longer periods than any time since the Great Depression while Barack Obama wastes time with the "Buffett Rule"...something that would generate enough money to run the country for a few DAYS while it stifles investment.

You want to compare someone's rhetoric to reality? Compare what Barack Obama SAID he would do as a candidate and what he has done since taking office. It's laughable.

Are you saying "...the war on women...Trayvon and racial profiling...voter disenfranchisement...student loans..." are not economic issues -pewsh!- A case can be easily made that all those things are economic issues, but the most obvious "the war on women" and "student loans" are so obvious that only an idiot would claim otherwise.

Rightwingers are quick to point out that Faux News is the highest rated cable channel, are you now saying Mitt Romney doesn't have Faux News wind at his back, or are you saying Faux News ain't really news? But speaking of the media, I do find what former GW Bush speech writer David Frum and Thomas E. Mann and Norman J. Ornstein resident scholar at the uber-conservative think tank, American Enterprise Institute (AEI) have to say about today's Republican Party --- even lifelong Republicans don't like Republicans any more.

I don't believe that for a nanosecond...

You're entitled to your feelings but you'll have to post empirical evidence that show your feelings have any basis in fact -- right?-----go for it!

Empirical evidence? Some polls show Romney ahead by 7 and this one has Obama winning by 7 with both military and non- military.

The polls are not accurate and can change so quickly.

Last edited:
Reuters online poll

:eusa_shhh:

No, the poll was not an online poll. If you go through the interactive article, you'll find a page showing the methodology.
Do you mean this one?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
16-2.gif

The one that uses words like, "online survey" and "internet"?

How about the text of the article that says:

“American Mosaic” is Reuters’ unique campaign polling initiative for 2012, executed in partnership with Ipsos. The online polling effort, whose methodology has been statistically validated, will reach 12,000 Americans each month, more than 120,000 by Election Day, constituting an unprecedented sample of the U.S. electorate

:eusa_whistle:

How many Millions of people voted in 2008?
And I'm supposed to believe that 120,000 anonymous online users are an accurate representation???
:lol:

Reuters online poll

:eusa_shhh:

No, the poll was not an online poll. If you go through the interactive article, you'll find a page showing the methodology.
Do you mean this one?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
16-2.gif

“American Mosaic” is Reuters’ unique campaign polling initiative for 2012, executed in partnership with Ipsos. The online polling effort, whose methodology has been statistically validated, will reach 12,000 Americans each month, more than 120,000 by Election Day, constituting an unprecedented sample of the U.S. electorate

And I'm supposed to believe that 120,000 anonymous online users are an accurate representation???

I pointed that out to Dickless in post #27, and the little bitch ran away crying :rofl:

None of the veterans I know care for Obama. My son is in the Army and he says they all hate him.

Do you mean this one?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
16-2.gif

I pointed that out to Dickless in post #27, and the little bitch ran away crying :rofl:

Yea???
:doubt:

Well I said it in #3!!!
:razz:

I don't believe that for a nanosecond...

You're entitled to your feelings but you'll have to post empirical evidence that show your feelings have any basis in fact -- right?-----go for it!

you consider an online poll empirical evidence?

wow... you really suck at this, don't you.

Do you consider this to be just an online poll?

Their track record is starting to look credible, but time will tell whether or not the new formula methodology used by Reuters and Ipsos has any merit.

Are you questioning the entire poll or just the part that shows President Obama kicking Romney's ass with veterans?

American mosaic: A new kind of poll
Sun May 13, 2012 12:24am EDT

(Reuters) - In January, Reuters and Ipsos began an ambitious polling project intended to give our audience an unprecedented view of the American public during the 2012 presidential election. We call it the American Mosaic.

So far, more than 40,000 people have been polled, and we are adding to that number by about 2,500 people each week. By the time the election is held the poll should reach 150,000 people. But this is not a traditional telephone poll. Our data is primarily drawn from online surveys using sampling methods developed in consultation with several outside experts. These involve recruiting respondents from the entire Internet in addition to millions of individuals pre-screened by Ipsos. The responses are then weighted based on demographic information and refined using a monthly telephone poll.
Ipsos Research Director Chris Jackson said his company is convinced of the merits and accuracy of online polling, especially after Ipsos was able to refine the techniques over several months during the contested Republican primaries.

In the Florida primary, for example, our daily polling in the last week before the vote detected Mitt Romney's late surge, which resulted in a double-digit victory. In Florida we applied a lesson learned from the earlier South Carolina primary. In that case we failed to catch a late surge by Newt Gingrich because we quit over-sampling for the state four days before the vote.

We have also been able to mine the growing trove of data to enrich Reuters coverage as issues pop up in the presidential race. When President Obama announced his support of gay marriage, for example, we had four months of polling data on the question that could be quickly sorted by age, race or other factors. With tens of thousands of responses already collected, those results were accurate to within one percentage point. Because of the methods used to collect this poll data, accuracy is measured using a statistical calculation called a credibility interval.

One goal of American Mosaic is to step away from the typical horse-race surveys, look at the patchwork of distinctive groups that make up America, and document how their views are shaping the political landscape. In the coming months, our polling will inform a series of stories that take our audience inside these communities, which include post-Persian Gulf War veterans, recent college graduates, middle-income African Americans, and Hispanics living in states with strict immigration laws.

Combined with the work of Reuters reporters, photographers, videographers, and graphic artists, the rich data base created by American Mosaic will offer a unique view of American voters in a crucial election year.

Forum List

Back