Intense

Aug 2, 2009
intense-albums-viet-nam-veteran-s-memorial-d-c-picture1965-img-0950-01.jpg

intense-albums-viet-nam-veteran-s-memorial-d-c-picture1966-img-0952-01.jpg

intense-albums-viet-nam-veteran-s-memorial-d-c-picture1969-img-0960-01.jpg

intense-albums-viet-nam-veteran-s-memorial-d-c-picture1973-img-1012-01.jpg

intense-albums-viet-nam-veteran-s-memorial-d-c-picture1976-img-1016-01.jpg

Intense:

I was in the Vietnam war. The people we fought for spit on us when we came home. They called us baby killers. They threw urine in our faces. They said the diseases we got from Agent Orange were all in our minds. They said we deserved to die slow deaths. They denied us even redimentary medical treatment. In fact, they did all in their power to make us feel like murderers.

Now, however, you expect me to feel pride for my service because some draft-dodging, aging hippy errected a statue, or wrote the names of more than fifty-four-thousand dead Vietnam-War GIs on a wall? Who are you shitting? Take your statues and your memorial wall and shove them deep up you ass, fool.

There are hundreds of MIAs still unaccounted for from than damn war. Yet all you can do is impress the idiots of this forum with pictures of statues and some stupid wall with the names of the dead from that war. If that is the depth of your committment to the US dead of Vietnam, then I prefer the honest hatred of the American people who condemned Vietnam vets like me to a life of shame simply because we fought a war that they did not like.

Wallow in your statues and memorial wall, but never forget that people just like you called people just like me baby killers. You're memorials and your walls means nothing to me, other than to hide the shame that people just like you heaped on GIs just like me.

People like you make me sick.

RO

Intense:

I was in the Vietnam war. The people we fought for spit on us when we came home. They called us baby killers. They threw urine in our faces. They said the diseases we got from Agent Orange were all in our minds. They said we deserved to die slow deaths. They denied us even redimentary medical treatment. In fact, they did all in their power to make us feel like murderers.

Now, however, you expect me to feel pride for my service because some draft-dodging, aging hippy errected a statue, or wrote the names of more than fifty-four-thousand dead Vietnam-War GIs on a wall? Who are you shitting? Take your statues and your memorial wall and shove them deep up you ass, fool.

There are hundreds of MIAs still unaccounted for from than damn war. Yet all you can do is impress the idiots of this forum with pictures of statues and some stupid wall with the names of the dead from that war. If that is the depth of your committment to the US dead of Vietnam, then I prefer the honest hatred of the American people who condemned Vietnam vets like me to a life of shame simply because we fought a war that they did not like.

Wallow in your statues and memorial wall, but never forget that people just like you called people just like me baby killers. You're memorials and your walls means nothing to me, other than to hide the shame that people just like you heaped on GIs just like me.

RO

I would suggest getting to know people a little better before setting off on rants like this, RO. Intense is one of the last people who would ever deserve a tirade like yours. Off the top of my head I can't think of any on this board who have posted anything to deserve it, frankly. If somebody does, then have at it. But Intense ain't your guy.

Take some happy pills and have a nice day.

Intense:

I apologize to you for my rant concerning the photos that you posted of the memorials. You obviously did not deserve the venom that I spewed concerning those pictures. I tend to go insane every time I see that wall of shame with its more than 54,000 names of American soldiers who died in the Vietnam War.

As I pointed out in my original post, we Viet vets were treated worse than mange-ridden dogs when we returned from Vietnam. I remember when that wall was errected, and everyone was cooing and singing songs of praise for those dead GIs -- and then I remember lividly how we were treated by the very same people who now shed crocodile tears for those dead Americans.

Please, forgive an old man whose thoughts of a long-ago and forgotten war are still alive as though it were yesterday.

With respect,

RO

If I were you I would seek professional help.

SFC Ollie:

If I were you, I would read up on how GIs like you were treated when they returned to the US from Vietnam; it wasn't respectful, pleasant or even civil; indeed, we were considered outcasts, something to be shunned, and publicly humiliated.

Evidently you believe that my memories of those dark days should be fodder for 'professional help;' that I should forget about the feces that was thrown at me simply because I fought an unpopular war, and that everything is now forgotten and forgiven --> that won't happen -- not yesterday, today or tomorrow. Unless you lived those days, you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about.

Tell me something, Sergeant First Class Ollie, did you enjoy murdering unarmed men in Iraq and Afghanistan; did you get sexually aroused when you shot their women; did it give you a thrill to kill their children; did you drink their blood just to prove that you were a man? I had a life-long friend ask me the same questions, albeit directed at my service in Vietnam. How would you have answered him?

Before you tell me to 'seek professional help," you need to look hard and deep at your own conduct in the wars that you have fought. I did what I had to do in the jungles of Vietnam to stay alive; what did you do in your wars to stay alive; humm?

RO

If I were you I would seek professional help.

SFC Ollie:

If I were you, I would read up on how GIs like you were treated when they returned to the US from Vietnam; it wasn't respectful, pleasant or even civil; indeed, we were considered outcasts, something to be shunned, and publicly humiliated.

Evidently you believe that my memories of those dark days should be fodder for 'professional help;' that I should forget about the feces that was thrown at me simply because I fought an unpopular war, and that everything is now forgotten and forgiven --> that won't happen -- not yesterday, today or tomorrow. Unless you lived those days, you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about.

Tell me something, Sergeant First Class Ollie, did you enjoy murdering unarmed men in Iraq and Afghanistan; did you get sexually aroused when you shot their women; did it give you a thrill to kill their children; did you drink their blood just to prove that you were a man? I had a life-long friend ask me the same questions, albeit directed at my service in Vietnam. How would you have answered him?

Before you tell me to 'seek professional help," you need to look hard and deep at your own conduct in the wars that you have fought. I did what I had to do in the jungles of Vietnam to stay alive; what did you do in your wars to stay alive; humm?

RO

You stupid ignorant old fool.

US Army 1971 - 1993

Been there done that.

You need help.

Intense:

RO

We are all entitled to our perspectives. I was born in 57, still growing up through the mid 70's, raised on Long Island, Grumman Country. Not too much anti-military there. I do read allot. Enough to know we were lied to in big ways. We too were manipulated. Three of my best read's on Viet Nam were "Stolen Valor", "We Were Soldier's"' and "A Bright Shining Lie". Do you have any book's that you would care to recommend????? What was your position on General Lewis William Walt???

Last edited:
Intense:

I apologize to you for my rant concerning the photos that you posted of the memorials. You obviously did not deserve the venom that I spewed concerning those pictures. I tend to go insane every time I see that wall of shame with its more than 54,000 names of American soldiers who died in the Vietnam War.

As I pointed out in my original post, we Viet vets were treated worse than mange-ridden dogs when we returned from Vietnam. I remember when that wall was errected, and everyone was cooing and singing songs of praise for those dead GIs -- and then I remember lividly how we were treated by the very same people who now shed crocodile tears for those dead Americans.

Please, forgive an old man whose thoughts of a long-ago and forgotten war are still alive as though it were yesterday.

With respect,

RO

What scares me most, about that time and every time, is the power of those directing the media and their effect on the masses. It is imperative that we, individually, and as a people, validate claims before acting. There is nothing harder to communicate to than a stampeding mob. The Puppet Master's seem so caught up into buying and selling their own agenda, that they neglect the collateral damage they cause, at least until it effects them. After seeing the Movie, I read "We Were Soldier's" by Joe Galloway and Colonel Moore. From the birth of the Air Cav., to political directives from the White House to omit any mention of Chinese military involvement from all reports, I found that it changed my perspective permanently towards Viet Nam, the chain of command, and the power of field command, one man making the difference.

Forum List

Back