Veterans Day 2010

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I know this is a political forum and we spend most of our time screaming at each other and calling each other names. But in reading the posts over the last two years, it is evident that many, many posters on this board are vets.

Regardless of their political leanings, veterans put aside their personal comfort and place their very lives in jeopardy to serve their country. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for what they have done and what they continue to do for this country.

The country as a whole is better off for your service..

Thank-you

Last edited:
I know this is a political forum and we spend most of out time screaming at each other and calling each other names. But in reading the posts over the last two years, it is evident that many, many posters on this board are vets.

Regardless of their political leanings, veterans put aside their personal comfort and place their very lives in jeopardy to serve their country. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for what they have done and what they continue to do for this country.

The country as a whole is better off for your service..

Thank-you

this is very nice. i think about our troops and veterans every day. (especially when the westboro "church" rears it's ugly head).
i wrote a piece on my blog one time about the simple act of thanking someone in uniform when i saw them. the cynics found lots of reasons why that was insincere, or phoney. i've never thanked a vet that didn't appreciate the acknowledgement, or was even a little surprised.
thanks r.w., your heart is in the right place, when it comes to american veterans, we can never thank them enough..

They shall grow not old,
As we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning
We will remember them.

Happy Veteran's Day. :):):):):)

intense-albums-veteran-s-memorials-picture2654-img-0965-03.jpg

intense-albums-veteran-s-memorials-picture2655-img-0968-03.jpg

Veterans Day seems to be an afterthought sometimes and assumed to be a poor sibling of Memorial Day when it comes to honoring our military.

Our veterans are much more than a bunch of old men (young men and women now) parading around in uniforms too small for them. Each and every one has made a personal sacrifice for this country. While most Americans, myself included, took the easy way out and chose a civilian career, our veterans were willing to step up and give their service to this country.

Armistice Day (also known as Remembrance Day) is on November 11 and commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918

This is great, but remember, our vets are out there, in 'real life' land too.

It would be great to pay a visit to a vet hospital, send a card, shake their hand when you see them out in public, donate what you can to the VA.........

My class loves to make them cards, they get a Big Kick out of them!

It would be great to pay a visit to a vet hospital, send a card, shake their hand when you see them out in public, donate what you can to the VA.........

You should have them make a card for Gunny and the rest of the vets at USMB! :salute:

:clap2:

Forum List

Back