eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Veterans Arrested, Trampled at Presidential Debate

Wendy Barranco
San Francisco Bay Area Independent Media Center
October 17, 2008

Editor’s note: As usual, the corporate media did not find this story worthy of notice.

One hour before the final presidential debate of the 2008 campaign, fourteen members of IVAW marched in formation to Hofstra University to present questions for the candidates. IVAW had requested permission from debate moderator Bob Schieffer to ask their questions during the debate but got no response.

see video
Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Segment on the protest aired on Democracy Now!

The contingent of veterans in dress uniforms and combat uniforms attempted to enter the building where the debate was to be held in order to ask their questions but were turned back by police. The IVAW members at the front of the formation were immediately arrested, and others were pushed back into the crowd by police on horseback. Several members were injured, including former Army Sergeant Nick Morgan who suffered a broken cheekbone when he was trampled by police horses before being arrested.

This is no laughing matter, but any thinking person has to be outraged at what is happening in America today. Do you realize that either McCain or Obama will be elected President in November? It baffles the mind.

images

America: Destroyed By Design - FEMA Concentration Camps

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXh7DCptaQ]YouTube - America: Destroyed By Design - FEMA Concentration Camps[/ame]

It's a pretty sad situation, it was a non-violent protest and the police basically assaulted these people.

IVAW = Iraq Veteran's Against War, in case anybody wondered.

If his people didn't tell him that his own fellow vets were outside, or, if he knew and he ignored them, that is why I said that.

Sheesh.....is it hard being that stupid?

If you want to place blame on McCain you have to place equal blame on Obama. Neither one of them wanted to have to answer the questions the IVAW would have asked them.

If you want to place blame on McCain you have to place equal blame on Obama. Neither one of them wanted to have to answer the questions the IVAW would have asked them.

Nope.....Obama was against the war. McStupid wants to stay there forever.

I don't think Obama would have minded the questions, but I do think McCain would have.

Nope.....Obama was against the war. McStupid wants to stay there forever.

I don't think Obama would have minded the questions, but I do think McCain would have.

Then why is Obama given a free pass concerning the treatment of these veterans, but McCain is not? If he wouldn't have minded the questions he should have been trying to get them in the event.

Then why is Obama given a free pass concerning the treatment of these veterans, but McCain is not? If he wouldn't have minded the questions he should have been trying to get them in the event.

Because Obama isn't a vet, McStupid is. The veterans organization could have gotten ahold of him to inform him they were coming. Same with Obama I suppose, but McStupid has more of an obligation.

Why do I say this? I'm a vet also, and tend to help out vets before civvies.

Veterans Arrested, Trampled at Presidential Debate

Wendy Barranco
San Francisco Bay Area Independent Media Center
October 17, 2008

Editor’s note: As usual, the corporate media did not find this story worthy of notice.

One hour before the final presidential debate of the 2008 campaign, fourteen members of IVAW marched in formation to Hofstra University to present questions for the candidates. IVAW had requested permission from debate moderator Bob Schieffer to ask their questions during the debate but got no response.

see video
Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Segment on the protest aired on Democracy Now!

The contingent of veterans in dress uniforms and combat uniforms attempted to enter the building where the debate was to be held in order to ask their questions but were turned back by police. The IVAW members at the front of the formation were immediately arrested, and others were pushed back into the crowd by police on horseback. Several members were injured, including former Army Sergeant Nick Morgan who suffered a broken cheekbone when he was trampled by police horses before being arrested.

If you want updates on things that interest you, then Google them. I found many sites that report on the Veterans being arrested. Just use Veterans, Arrested, and Debate as your search terms. I don’t consider it to be a significant story. THe lesson is that you don't go where you are not invited. To each his own. I had eggs for breakfast. Why wasn’t that in the news?

Because Obama isn't a vet, McStupid is. The veterans organization could have gotten ahold of him to inform him they were coming. Same with Obama I suppose, but McStupid has more of an obligation.

Why do I say this? I'm a vet also, and tend to help out vets before civvies.

In my opinion, the IVAW should have been allowed to ask their questions to the candidates. They made it very clear that they were non-violent even before they were attacked. It's clear that neither candidate wanted to have to answer the questions that the IVAW would have asked, or else they would have lobbied to get them in there to ask the questions. But to say that McCain is more at fault than Obama for what happened to these men simply because he's a veteran is absolutely ridiculous.

Well, then that makes me ask, are you a veteran? If so, you should understand what I've just said.

If not, there are no words that I can use to make you understand.

Well, then that makes me ask, are you a veteran? If so, you should understand what I've just said.

If not, there are no words that I can use to make you understand.

I am not a veteran.

You're saying that because John McCain is a veteran he should have allowed these men in there to ask questions that could have made him look bad? If so, I would agree with you. What I don't agree with is that John McCain is somehow at fault for the treatment these men received at the hands of the police.

Did either candidate know that they were there? I didn't see that.

This may be one of those cases where the local police overeacted?

You would think that the police have enough military and former military that they wouldn't attack other military in uniform.

Did either candidate know that they were there? I didn't see that.

This may be one of those cases where the local police overeacted?

You would think that the police have enough military and former military that they wouldn't attack other military in uniform.

I know that they wrote a letter to the moderator of the debate and received no response. I would think they wrote a letter to the campaigns to let them know of their intentions.

I am not a veteran.

You're saying that because John McCain is a veteran he should have allowed these men in there to ask questions that could have made him look bad? If so, I would agree with you. What I don't agree with is that John McCain is somehow at fault for the treatment these men received at the hands of the police.

No, I'm saying that as a veteran, McStupid should have looked into it either shortly after, or (preferably), before, because he's a member of the Armed Forces also, and that places him in the brotherhood where they are supposed to look out for each other.

Obama isn't, that's why he's exempt, at least until he makes it in the White House.

Forum List

Back