Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill

I looked and looked but I cannot find any social psychiatritrists in the book.

Social psychology is a field I'm familiar with but social psychiatry?

Sorry hon, you lose.

Yes, because psychology and psychiatry are utterly unrelated fields with absolutely NO overlap, and are therefore mutually exclusive.

Sorry, hon, but your victory dance is premature.

Okay.

I want a safety net. I don't want a big blanket. I want a safety net that sits alongside policies that encourage and facilitate people doing better for themselves. I don't want that safety net to be so comfortable that people get complacent but - and this is the important part - nor do I want it so tough that people would turn to crime to meet their material needs. Now I know crooks are crooks, I've dealt with enough over the years to know that some people are just shitbags through to the core, I'm not referring to them. I think there's a point at which, if the safety net is so tough, that some people will think "fuck it, may as well turn to crime". Finding that point is difficult but not impossible.

I think it's important not to breed complacency, a sort of welfare mentality, that's not good policy. So, I emphasise, along with the safety net there should be some programmes which encourage people to get out of the safety net and start developing themselves so they don't have to rely on it. I admit there will be those who are quite happy to live in the safety net, but then those people are probably beyond help anyway. I've seen families that had three generations of bludgers and you just know the fourth generation is growing up the same way. I have no idea what to do about them.

Spoken like a true conservative. :lol:

Yes, because psychology and psychiatry are utterly unrelated fields with absolutely NO overlap, and are therefore mutually exclusive.

Sorry, hon, but your victory dance is premature.

They are different diciplines to be sure.

Social psychology (a field of study I personally find quite fascinating as an historian) has nothing to do with psychiatry.

That this person is a psychiatrist, as it pertains to her ability to pronounce those with a political perspective, is entirely meaningless.

It may impress some who want her to be an expert, but nobody in her field would be overly impressed with that tripe she's attempting to pass off as a valid psychiatric disagnosis.

Damned right it is.

One event is a recognized medical diagnosis and the other is just so much political claptrap.

To attempt to turn this sows ear into a silk purse by noting that a psychiatrist is saying it is just so much political theater.

IF this psychiatrist tried to pass that off as a medical diagnosis before a board of psychitrists that pop-pyschiatry would be a quick path to losing her board medical certification as a psychiatrist.

YET, you had no problem when the same kind of doctors pronounced the same for Conservatives. Or perhaps you can link us to your diatribes about how wrong that was?

Forum List

Back