Veteran: God Put Obama 'Here Just Like He Did Moses'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Michael McAuliff

WASHINGTON -- It’s still a battle. It’s still a fight. But for the surviving Tuskegee Airmen and other black World War II veterans who journeyed here to witness the second inauguration of President Barack Obama Monday, the struggle is one of love.

They wanted to see the nation’s first African-American commander-in-chief sworn in again, validating the choice America made four years ago, declaring it was no fluke, that someone like them really can rise to lead the country they had to struggle to serve.

"I never expected to live long enough to see a black president," said Stephen Sherman, a 92-year-old who served with the Army’s 308th Combat Engineers in both theaters of the war. He teared up just a little as he stood to roar out “God Bless America” before Obama spoke.

“It breaks my heart. I love my country," said Sherman, who was among about two dozen of his comrades in arms sitting just below the president, many in wheelchairs, on the west front of the Capitol to see Obama take his oath of office, as they did four years ago.

All around Sherman were Tuskegee Airmen, members of the same African-American who paved the way for blacks in the Air Force. They were warriors who had to battle just to win an equal chance to die for their country.

“There's a lot of good people on this earth, a lot of good people of all races,” said Battle, who said he thought Obama is succeeding in moving America toward a more equal society. “He's very special. God put him here just like he did Moses,” Battle said. “I can see progress, but that's not good enough, because I know that we've got more to go.”​

More: Obama Inauguration: Tuskegee Airmen, Black Veterans See President Winning War They Fought

“I would like him to achieve 100 percent where every citizen would be the same,” said Sherman. “I hate to go to other countries where I am better treated than I am here in America. I'm waiting to see that day come, and he can change it.

From the OP link.

By Michael McAuliff

WASHINGTON -- It’s still a battle. It’s still a fight. But for the surviving Tuskegee Airmen and other black World War II veterans who journeyed here to witness the second inauguration of President Barack Obama Monday, the struggle is one of love.

They wanted to see the nation’s first African-American commander-in-chief sworn in again, validating the choice America made four years ago, declaring it was no fluke, that someone like them really can rise to lead the country they had to struggle to serve.

"I never expected to live long enough to see a black president," said Stephen Sherman, a 92-year-old who served with the Army’s 308th Combat Engineers in both theaters of the war. He teared up just a little as he stood to roar out “God Bless America” before Obama spoke.

“It breaks my heart. I love my country," said Sherman, who was among about two dozen of his comrades in arms sitting just below the president, many in wheelchairs, on the west front of the Capitol to see Obama take his oath of office, as they did four years ago.

All around Sherman were Tuskegee Airmen, members of the same African-American who paved the way for blacks in the Air Force. They were warriors who had to battle just to win an equal chance to die for their country.

“There's a lot of good people on this earth, a lot of good people of all races,” said Battle, who said he thought Obama is succeeding in moving America toward a more equal society. “He's very special. God put him here just like he did Moses,” Battle said. “I can see progress, but that's not good enough, because I know that we've got more to go.”​

More: Obama Inauguration: Tuskegee Airmen, Black Veterans See President Winning War They Fought

Blessings and Curses, both come from God. :) Cause and Effect are what we make it, for better or worse. Just a thought. :)

By Michael McAuliff

crusaderfrank-albums-usmb-members-picture5342-prophet-obama.jpg

By Michael McAuliff

If only there were just 10 commandments once again.

$obama as moses.jpg

Last year alone the government passed over 40,000 new regulations and laws.

By Michael McAuliff

I'm happy for people like that, for them getting to see a dream fulfilled in their lifetimes.

I'm happy for young people of color for getting to see such vistas of possibility for themselves.

I think it's tragic that the person who filled that historic slot is so dishonest, and many of his supporters are nauseating because of why they support him, beginning with Harry Reid and why he tapped Obama for the presidential trajectory. But stories like the one in the OP are still heartwarming.

Moses' followers were willing to work for a living.

Big diff.

You haven't read your Bible, have you? They got the old timey equivalent of food stamps (Manna) and water from rocks. They had a paternal God showing them where to go and protecting them from all dangers. They were completely and totally encapsulated within the embrace of a loving benefactor.

Big diff.

You haven't read your Bible, have you? They got the old timey equivalent of food stamps (Manna) and water from rocks. They had a paternal God showing them where to go and protecting them from all dangers. They were completely and totally encapsulated within the embrace of a loving benefactor.

They worked like... slaves.

You are way out of your league, commie.

By Michael McAuliff

I'm happy for people like that, for them getting to see a dream fulfilled in their lifetimes.

I'm happy for young people of color for getting to see such vistas of possibility for themselves.

I think it's tragic that the person who filled that historic slot is so dishonest, and many of his supporters are nauseating because of why they support him, beginning with Harry Reid and why he tapped Obama for the presidential trajectory. But stories like the one in the OP are still heartwarming.

What does that mean?

By Michael McAuliff

Sorry, Nutter's...but he's Biblically correct:

"By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth (Pro. 8:15-16 KJV).

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God (Ro. 13:1 KJV)."

If you don't like it, take it up with God.

Big diff.

They worked like... slaves.

You are way out of your league, commie.

Uh..no. Actually I'm not. I've been a Christian since 1973 and have taught Bible study and/or Sunday School for more than 20 years.

How about you?

The reason that the Tuskegee airmen are being used in this thread is because they are war veterns and Obama supporters. That way when they are critisized in any way for being Obama supporters, it can be used to show how detractors are unpatriotic arses.

Pathetic.

All I know is that 96% of blacks voted for Obama. What does that tell you about the black vote, including the Tuskegee airmen?

Forum List

Back