Vestigial Organs as Proof of Evolution

PC is a brain washed clown

How come none of you guys want to deal with the OP.....It sure must have been a hurricane!!

C'mon....step up and deny the OP's quotes: real scientists no longer claim there are vestigial organs.....

...so a major support for Darwinian evolution just got kicked out.

True?

What the heck is so frightening?

I'm sure you're right. Attagirl, P Chic. Keep up the good thinking, and tell people who accept scientific fact and do not persist in delusions about creation myths -- AS NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Warning: Irony Alert. Duct-tape your monitors, and then go shopping!!!

I getcha....changing the subject, always a good idea when you're up against the wall.

No doubt. But I was merely staying within the subject context and using sarcasm in service of ridiculing you.

That help?

Exactly my point; "ridiculing you."

None of you can handle the OP.

So...resorting to "ridiculing you" rather than confronting the facts.....makes you a kind of simpleton, huh?

That help?

I getcha....changing the subject, always a good idea when you're up against the wall.

No doubt. But I was merely staying within the subject context and using sarcasm in service of ridiculing you.

That help?

So...resorting to "ridiculing you" rather than confronting the facts.....makes you a kind of simpleton, huh?

That help?

Yes; in a effort to demean. Bygod; I think you're getting it. Knock me over with a feather. Whoduh thunk?

PC the OP who claims to be a christian who thinks most people are BAD.

why does this country produce the most uncompassionate christains to walk the earth?

How come none of you guys want to deal with the OP.....It sure must have been a hurricane!!

C'mon....step up and deny the OP's quotes: real scientists no longer claim there are vestigial organs.....

True?

From the article you quoted in your OP:

The fact that our bodies evolved while humans lived short lives hunting and gathering is one key to understanding many "useless" body parts, Laitman said.

From an evolutionary viewpoint, we've been living in the modern manner for a relatively short time, he pointed out. "Our circumstances have changed a lot, but our bodies haven't."
--Jeffrey Laitman, director of anatomy and functional morphology at New York City's Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Do you see him denying evolution here?

That help?

That help?

Yes; in a effort to demean. Bygod; I think you're getting it. Knock me over with a feather. Whoduh thunk?

Just provin' that you haven't got it.....can't deal with the concept.

Here....watch this:

Awsome ends with 'me; Ugly starts with 'u.'
See....has nothing to do with the fact that scientists no longer believe that there are vestigial organ.

Nor do any of your posts.

Which seems to indicate the truth of the following:

"Let me give you a little tip: if you want liberalism to continue in this country, you have to realize that liberal students are being let down by their professors! They have liberal school teachers, and read the liberal press! Because of this weak preparation, they are unable to argue, to think beyond the first knee-jerk impulse. They can’t put together a logical thought. Now, compare that to a college Republican…"
Coulter

Just tryin' to help.

True?

From the article you quoted in your OP:

The fact that our bodies evolved while humans lived short lives hunting and gathering is one key to understanding many "useless" body parts, Laitman said.

From an evolutionary viewpoint, we've been living in the modern manner for a relatively short time, he pointed out. "Our circumstances have changed a lot, but our bodies haven't."
--Jeffrey Laitman, director of anatomy and functional morphology at New York City's Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Do you see him denying evolution here?

Let me help you with this: the issue at hand is whether or not there are vestigial organs.

The concept has been used to support the idea of Darwinian evolution.....not whether or nor there has been evolution.

So....are you providing quotes from the article that claims that there are vestigial organs?

No?

Correct.

That help?

Just provin' that you haven't got it.....can't deal with the concept. (emphasis)

Here....watch this:

See....has nothing to do with the fact that scientists no longer believe that there are vestigial organ.

"Let me give you a little tip: if you want liberalism to continue in this country, you have to realize that liberal students are being let down by their professors! They have liberal school teachers, and read the liberal press! Because of this weak preparation, they are unable to argue, to think beyond the first knee-jerk impulse. They can’t put together a logical thought. Now, compare that to a college Republican…"
Coulter

Just tryin' to help.

Actually, had it, albeit somewhat veiled (note: appendix and wisdom teeth, not to mention, if you're female, your hymen of days passed, likely.)

Plus, and you gotta love this, we animal species tend to look alike, regardless of sex. Thus men, too, have nipples, even though no intelligent designer would ever add them, since their intelligence in doing so would be called into question.

Are you seeing the truth yet? Or are you not quite ready to handle it?

Just provin' that you haven't got it.....can't deal with the concept. (emphasis)

Here....watch this:

Coulter

Just tryin' to help.

Actually, had it, albeit somewhat veiled (note: appendix and wisdom teeth, not to mention, if you're female, your hymen of days passed, likely.)

Plus, and you gotta love this, we animal species tend to look alike, regardless of sex. Thus men, too, have nipples, even though no intelligent designer would ever add them, since their intelligence in doing so would be called into question.

What I notice is your attempt to broaden the discussion because...for some reason, you won't acknowledge the point of the OP.

Are you suggesting that the idea of appendix in not dealt with? Re-read the OP.

BTW...the source, linked, mentions wisdom teeth.

Here....watch this:

Coulter

Just tryin' to help.

What I notice is your attempt to broaden the discussion because...for some reason, you won't acknowledge the point of the OP.

Then you noticed the opposite of what in fact I did: narrow the scope by merely bitch-slapping the retarded fucking assertion that vestigial organs do not exist in human species ... which btw, only a very tiny, tiny minority of scientists, often in unrelated areas of research, who are further on intellectual lock-down when it comes to religion, are disputing, in contrast to the overwhelming plurality of scientists whose sole focus is life sciences.

Getting in warring quotes by "scientists" is folly. Just cut to the chase and say what is factual.

As you seeing, or is the truth something you cannot handle?

Then you noticed the opposite of what in fact I did: narrow the scope by merely bitch-slapping the retarded fucking assertion that vestigial organs do not exist in human species ... which btw, only a very tiny, tiny minority of scientists, often in unrelated areas of research, who are further on intellectual lock-down when it comes to religion, are disputing, in contrast to the overwhelming plurality of scientists whose sole focus is life sciences.

Getting in warring quotes by "scientists" is folly. Just cut to the chase and say what is factual.

"...who are further on intellectual lock-down when it comes to religion,..."

Can you provide the links as to the scientists named in the OP.....or are you just making stuff up?

Considering that the first statement of your op is patently false, I can't imagine the rest could get any better. Science is the not collection if correct knowledge. Correct knowledge is handled by epistemology. Science is a methodology designed to reveal demonstrable truths.

Vestigial organs exist in a multitude of animals. Your smug assertions to the contrary are backed only by the opinions of some scientists. This an argument ad populim. Any moron looking at the anatomy of a human can see a tail bone that is no longer expressed genetically, although every so often, the dormant gene controlling what was the tail will be activated and human babies will develop tails. This tailbone alone falsifies your premise.

Vestigial organs are not at the heart of evolutionary science. This is a patently false statement as well. It seems like you need to be dishonest to make your point. As had been said, DNA evidence alone is enough to confirm evolution, Di even if vestigial organs were proven to be useful, it would have no impact on evolutionary theory. Therefore, this op is built on a completely false assumption, one of many.

"...who are further on intellectual lock-down when it comes to religion,..."

Can you provide the links as to the scientists named in the OP.....or are you just making stuff up?

No. Merely the non scientists who compile these lists and interpret the myriad snippets from, for example, an immunologist who posits that our appendixes may serve a purpose of storing beneficial bacteria. Not an evolutionary biologist, nor a genecist, but a doc dealing with immune diseases, who may or may not be a Creationist (I doubt very much he is.) But the list source you quote, indeed seems to be and was merely requoting another religionist and apparent evolution-denier.

So in fact, what you have, is bullshit. Whether one or 100 vestigial organs, etc prove to not be vestigial, at some point, IT DOES NOT MEAN ALL VESTIGIALTIES ARE WRONG. The animal kingdom, of which we are members, are rife with vestigialities.

Last edited:
Considering that the first statement of your op is patently false, I can't imagine the rest could get any better. Science is the not collection if correct knowledge. Correct knowledge is handled by epistemology. Science is a methodology designed to reveal demonstrable truths.

Vestigial organs exist in a multitude of animals. Your smug assertions to the contrary are backed only by the opinions of some scientists. This an argument ad populim. Any moron looking at the anatomy of a human can see a tail bone that is no longer expressed genetically, although every so often, the dormant gene controlling what was the tail will be activated and human babies will develop tails. This tailbone alone falsifies your premise.

1. Why the heck would you deprive me of the amusement of proving what a dim-wit you are???
Stick to your own baliwick!

"....backed only by the opinions of some scientists."

Now say "duh..."

2. "Any moron looking at the anatomy of a human can see a tail bone that is no longer expressed genetically, although every so often, the dormant gene controlling what was the tail will be activated and human babies will develop tails. This tailbone alone falsifies your premise."

Now for your remedial:

In 1994, however, renowned anatomy professor David Menton produced evidence disproving the idea that the coccyx is vestigial. “[M]ost modern biology textbooks give the erroneous impression that the human coccyx has no real function other than to remind us of the ‘inescapable fact’ of evolution,” Menton wrote in Essays on Origins.

He explained that among the key functions of the coccyx is its acting as an anchor point for several converging muscles from the ring-like arrangement of the pelvic bones. “The incurved coccyx with its attached pelvic diaphragm keeps the many organs in our abdominal cavity from literally falling through between our legs” (ibid). Removal of the coccyx often causes incontinence and serious difficulties with sitting, standing or giving birth.

The evolutionary faithful long considered the tailbone vestigial and pointed to it as evidence against creation. But the tailbone, too, was placed in the body for a purpose."
Evolution?s ?Unnecessary? Organs - theTrumpet.com

3. QED...you're not just "Any moron..."
No indeed....you're a special variety of same.

Keep up the good work.

Vestigial organs are not at the heart of evolutionary science. This is a patently false statement as well. It seems like you need to be dishonest to make your point. As had been said, DNA evidence alone is enough to confirm evolution, Di even if vestigial organs were proven to be useful, it would have no impact on evolutionary theory. Therefore, this op is built on a completely false assumption, one of many.

1. "It seems like you need to be dishonest...."
Now, here is the a priori evidence of your obtundation: I am never dishonest. Never.
Laminate that and place it in your wallet, so you never make that mistake again.

2. "Vestigial organs are not at the heart of evolutionary science. This is a patently false statement..."

Now, the following argument may be beyond your ability...but try hard:

The proof that the erroneous concept of vestigial organs is central to Darwinian evolution is this very thread!
All of the apologists for said theory were afraid to acknowledge that real science no longer views any organs as vestigial.

Somehow, the sophomoric debaters, lacking any real skill in the art, tried attacking me, as you weakly attempted, or tried to change the subject....

....none were dumb enough to deny that the vestigial organ idea was incorrect.
Until you came along: and all can see how that turned out.

But, heck, I suppose I should apologize for dragging you away from the 24 hour all cartoon channel.....
Dismissed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back