Very Very Low Turn-Out At Obama Miami Event Last Night

If the expectation was 900, why did they rent a facility which holds over 2,000?

That would mean boneheaded planning. The image management aspect of such events is to make them look packed to overflowing. Their excuse is not credible.

You're missing the point. It was a fundraiser, not a rally. It wasn't a press event.

Don't get me wrong, there's no question that Obama is less popular now than he was in 2008, and there's no question that he's got a fight ahead of him.

But I wouldn't get too excited about this as an example of Obama's waining popularity.

Rally, no it was a fundraiser......no it was a rally........:meow:

Great talking point, InDoctor.......:lol:.

Eh?

Last edited:
You're missing the point. It was a fundraiser, not a rally. It wasn't a press event.

Don't get me wrong, there's no question that Obama is less popular now than he was in 2008, and there's no question that he's got a fight ahead of him.

But I wouldn't get too excited about this as an example of Obama's waining popularity.

Rally, no it was a fundraiser......no it was a rally........:meow:

Great talking point, InDoctor.......:lol:.

Eh?

Can't figure it out?
You must've gone to Hahvahd. :lol:

Can't figure it out?

No, but I do work in politics, and organize rallies and fundraisers (as well as understand the difference between the two) for a living.

But you can continue to call me names, if it makes you feel better about yourself.

No slanderous name called, just an abbreviation.
Didn't know you did that.
Do you plan on making a career doing that?

Can't figure it out?

No, but I do work in politics, and organize rallies and fundraisers (as well as understand the difference between the two) for a living.

But you can continue to call me names, if it makes you feel better about yourself.

No slanderous name called, just an abbreviation.
Didn't know you did that.
Do you plan on making a career doing that?

I already have. I'm a consultant. Freelance "political operative". It pays well.

If he can't fill a stadium in Miami, how can he possibly win Florida? I hope Marco Rubio tries to fil that stadium someday and embarras the empty suit.

"The expectation was 900," a Democratic official said, and more than 980 tickets were sold.

Yeah. Some Democrat party hack is going to say "The expectation was 2500 people and we only sold 900 tickets." Sure, that's the ticket.
Can I interest you in a bridge in Brooklyn?

The price of gas is making it tough to bus people in these days.

Last edited:
"The expectation was 900," a Democratic official said, and more than 980 tickets were sold.

Yeah. Some Democrat party hack is going to say "The expectation was 2500 people and we only sold 900 tickets." Sure, that's the ticket.

Maybe they could say they expected 300 people and WOW!!!!

980 showed up.

You don't seem to get it.

It's not about how many people showed up, it's about how many people bought the tickets - it was a FUNDRAISING event, not a press rally.

The event wasn't open to the public. It was a fundraising event.

Seriously, how hard is that to understand?

Key words: "A Democratic official said"

Obama really should be able to fill a 2,200 stadium, don't you think? As a rational human being, I would think you could see the flaw here.

At a fundraiser? A year and a half before election day?

Why should he have been able to fill it?

Why shouldn't he?

It's not like it was a big money ticket event - $44 to attend. Honestly, I don't understand why they couldn't fill a 2,200 seat stadium.... ignoring the 'fundraiser' part.... surely, there are 2,200 people in Miami who'd like to see the President? Apparently not.

So, there aren't 2,200 moneyed Democrats in Miami? :confused:

If he can't fill a stadium in Miami, how can he possibly win Florida? I hope Marco Rubio tries to fil that stadium someday and embarras the empty suit.
Miami doesn't have a structure large enough to hold those that respect Marco.
Miami is what I hope to see the entire empire turn into.
There is no better place in the US than Miami.It is the purest integration of all of the the Americas melted together.The multi-culturalism is mind boggling and beautiful.

If you've never been there ? GO ! NOW !
Miami is Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Cuba,Bahamas,, Israel, Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Nicaragua,Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Peru, Chile and on and on and on, all tossed into one"hood".
Miami is America...with the A still intact.

So, there aren't 2,200 moneyed Democrats in Miami? :confused:

Probably most of them went to the other 2 fundraisers that Obama held. (the $5,000-a-plate one and the $35,000-a-plate one) - at least the serious "moneyed" Democrats.

By the way, let me know when a Republican has a low-ticket fundraiser with a thousand people attending - I doubt it's EVER happened, except for maybe Ron Paul.

Key words: "A Democratic official said"

Obama really should be able to fill a 2,200 stadium, don't you think? As a rational human being, I would think you could see the flaw here.

At a fundraiser? A year and a half before election day?

Why should he have been able to fill it?

Why shouldn't he?

It's not like it was a big money ticket event - $44 to attend. Honestly, I don't understand why they couldn't fill a 2,200 seat stadium.... ignoring the 'fundraiser' part.... surely, there are 2,200 people in Miami who'd like to see the President? Apparently not.

That's the problem. You can't "ignore" the fundraising part. Why would they want to fill the stadium with people who didn't pay?

California Girl said:
Obama really should be able to fill a 2,200 stadium, don't you think?
I would hope by now some of the originally brainwashed people HAVE WOKEN UP AND REALISED HOW NOT GOOD HE REALLY IS!! (I can hope right??)

Forum List

Back