Very Very Low Turn-Out At Obama Miami Event Last Night

Feb 13, 2011
Naples, Florida
I just went to the Free Republic websight and saw this,

Check It Out:
MIAMI, Fla. -- A low-dollar fundraiser here Monday felt like a throwback to the 2008 campaign.

There was the same old soundtrack – including “City of Blinding Lights” by U2, the president’s 2008 anthem -- the enthusiastic organizers and the abundant appeals for supporters to rally behind President Obama.

The one missing element? Overflowing crowds.

Granted, it was a fundraiser, not a free rally. But the empty seats were hard to miss.

The top level of the 2,200-seat concert hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts was entirely empty, as were the seats along the side of the second and third levels.

"The expectation was 900," a Democratic official said, and more than 980 tickets were sold.

Tickets for the Gen 44 event started at $44, the official said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Banned
If he can't fill a stadium in Miami, how can he possibly win Florida? I hope Marco Rubio tries to fil that stadium someday and embarras the empty suit.

If he can't fill a stadium in Miami, how can he possibly win Florida? I hope Marco Rubio tries to fil that stadium someday and embarras the empty suit.

"The expectation was 900," a Democratic official said, and more than 980 tickets were sold.

Yeah. Some Democrat party hack is going to say "The expectation was 2500 people and we only sold 900 tickets." Sure, that's the ticket.
Can I interest you in a bridge in Brooklyn?

Yeah. Some Democrat party hack is going to say "The expectation was 2500 people and we only sold 900 tickets." Sure, that's the ticket.
Can I interest you in a bridge in Brooklyn?

He already owns half a dozen bridges in Brooklyn.

Anyone who voted for Obama will believe anything. That much is clear.

Check It Out:
MIAMI, Fla. -- A low-dollar fundraiser here Monday felt like a throwback to the 2008 campaign.

There was the same old soundtrack – including “City of Blinding Lights” by U2, the president’s 2008 anthem -- the enthusiastic organizers and the abundant appeals for supporters to rally behind President Obama.

Granted, it was a fundraiser, not a free rally. But the empty seats were hard to miss.

The top level of the 2,200-seat concert hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts was entirely empty, as were the seats along the side of the second and third levels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm. You got all this from the freeper website? Yay you.

Key words: "A Democratic official said"

Obama really should be able to fill a 2,200 stadium, don't you think? As a rational human being, I would think you could see the flaw here.

Obama really should be able to fill a 2,200 stadium, don't you think? As a rational human being, I would think you could see the flaw here.

Does anyone bother to go to support rallies at this time in the political cycle?

Does anyone bother to go to support rallies at this time in the political cycle?

You'd think, particularly in a high minority area like Miami, that you could find 2,200 people who want to see the Messiah. It's Obama! Remember, he's really, really, popular.

You'd think, particularly in a high minority area like Miami, that you could find 2,200 people who want to see the Messiah. It's Obama! Remember, he's really, really, popular.

Hmmm...

Its still early.

I'm sure he will fill em up later in the campaign.

Lots of gullible fools still out there.

Check It Out:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama says his wife and daughters aren't "invested" in him being president and would have been fine had he decided against running for re-election. But he says they believe in what he's doing for the country.

Asked about his family's reaction to his wanting another term, Obama said: "Michelle and the kids are wonderful in that if I said, `You know, guys, I want to do something different,' They'd be fine. They're not invested in daddy being president or my husband being president."

He says first lady Michelle Obama would be the first one to encourage him to do something "a little less stressful" if she no longer thought that what they were doing was worthwhile for the country. Obama's interview aired Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show.

Obama: My family would be fine with just 1 term - Yahoo! News

If the expectation was 900, why did they rent a facility which holds over 2,000?

That would mean boneheaded planning. The image management aspect of such events is to make them look packed to overflowing. Their excuse is not credible.

If the expectation was 900, why did they rent a facility which holds over 2,000?

That would mean boneheaded planning. The image management aspect of such events is to make them look packed to overflowing. Their excuse is not credible.

Like everything else he has done since being elected hasn't been bonehead planning.

That's because Yasser Obama's "push Israel to 1967 borders" strategy plays well in FL and other swing states

At a fundraiser? A year and a half before election day?

Why should he have been able to fill it?

It was a DNC fundraiser, not an Obama rally. People generally don't pay $50 to go to a "rally".

You're missing the point. It was a fundraiser, not a rally. It wasn't a press event.

Don't get me wrong, there's no question that Obama is less popular now than he was in 2008, and there's no question that he's got a fight ahead of him.

But I wouldn't get too excited about this as an example of Obama's waining popularity.

You're missing the point. It was a fundraiser, not a rally. It wasn't a press event.

Don't get me wrong, there's no question that Obama is less popular now than he was in 2008, and there's no question that he's got a fight ahead of him.

But I wouldn't get too excited about this as an example of Obama's waining popularity.

Rally, no it was a fundraiser......no it was a rally........:meow:

Great talking point, InDoctor.......:lol:.

Forum List

Back