‘Very Strong’ Statistical Link Between Fatherlessness, Gun Homicides

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
If liberals were consistent, they would demand that we start locking up anyone who gets a woman pregnant that he isn't married to.

Bill Cosby Was Right: ?Very Strong? Statistical Link Between Fatherlessness, Gun Homicides | CNS News

Growing up without a father has a far greater statistical correlation to gun violence than most sociological factors, including poverty and gun ownership, a statistical analysis of gun homicides in the U.S. shows.

“Recent mass murders have given rise to a call for gun control, for the restriction of gun sales. The argument is that fewer guns would result in fewer murders. The data imply otherwise,” concluded Dr. Frederick Costello, an engineering consultant in Virginia, after analyzing firearm-related murders committed in all 50 states in 2010 at the request of state Delegate Ken Plum (D-36th). Virginia is one of 41 “shall issue” states that require authorities to issue gun permits to all qualified applicants.

Using data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data, Costello determined that the top three factors that correlate most strongly with gun homicides are growing up in a black community, not having a father present, and dropping out of high school—“the very factors that Bill Cosby has been discussing,” he pointed out. …​

It's true. I've seen it in the lives of real people. When I worked in the juvenile court almost everyone there came from broken homes without fathers. Especially the violent ones. Yeah there were a few cases that both parents were involved, but it wasn't common. It's truely sad.

It's been one of the reasons I want to make sure I stay active in my daughters life. I plan on showing her what a man can be like so she knows how to pick a good man someday and not have children alone. There is no need for that.

I believe God can help all of us men step up and be the fathers this rising generation needs.

Forum List

Back