Very proud....

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Just over two years ago, my wife and I adopted our nephew from Korea so that he could go to HS here in America. A few days ago, he was inducted into the National Honors Society and he has a 3.8 GPA. What makes me proud is the fact that when he arrived here, he could not speak lick of English. Now he is in the NHS and will appear in the Who's Who Among American High School Students. I get so sick of Americans saying, "the system ain't fair". It is always fair, if you apply yourself.

Sorry, just had to brag a bit! :)

Congratulations to you, your wife and especially your nephew/son. I can't help but admire people who take other's into their home. I also can't imagine how it must be to leave your home, go someplace , not speak the language, or understand the culture. He has accomplished much. :thewave:

freeandfun1 said:
Just over two years ago, my wife and I adopted our nephew from Korea so that he could go to HS here in America. A few days ago, he was inducted into the National Honors Society and he has a 3.8 GPA. What makes me proud is the fact that when he arrived here, he could not speak lick of English. Now he is in the NHS and will appear in the Who's Who Among American High School Students. I get so sick of Americans saying, "the system ain't fair". It is always fair, if you apply yourself.

Way to go. BRAG long and loud.
smiley-linie-009.gif

Phil

Congratulations to all of you, especially the 'special son/nephew'.

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

That is most certainly something to crow about. Congrats to you and your family...you have every right to brag!

:thewave:

freeandfun1 said:

don't apologize! BRAG 'TIL YER BLUE IN THE FACE!

hey, someone want to submit this to a local paper?...maybe they would do an interview with this amazing kid!!! I would! He certainly is a role model for ALL kids, born-here-citizens and immigrants....

Forum List

Back