Very moving 9-11 Tribute Video online now.

It still brings tears to my eyes to think about how so many of our neighbors suffered; especially considering a few of you still wear the uniform; still work to help the USA become safer while people march and hold signs calling you and those who serve with you 'mercenaries' and 'baby killers'. I get mad first, then I pity them because unless they've served, they have no idea what 'sacrifice' means.

Thank you servicemen/women...thank you Veterans...Thank you Government Civilian Employees.

It's because nobody possessing wisdom could vote for the candidate who'd 'least' likely be able to keep it from happening again. ;)

GWB has 'proven' leadership during war - not just leading 5 men on a boat 45 years ago; Leading a country against a common, hidden enemy not only ensuring OUR overall safety but making the world a better place.
:)

-=d=- said:
It's because nobody possessing wisdom could vote for the candidate who'd 'least' likely be able to keep it from happening again. ;)

GWB has 'proven' leadership during war - not just leading 5 men on a boat 45 years ago; Leading a country against a common, hidden enemy not only ensuring OUR overall safety but making the world a better place.
:)

Well, I think whoever becomes president will do a good job of protecting the "homeland". No one is going to rescind or repeal counterterrorism legislation. What they MIGHT do is propose legislation that makes more sense; did you know that places in rural middle America get more counter-terrorism funding than place like New York and Washington because they funding is on a per-capita basis? As much as I'd like to keep the Nebraska cornfields safe, I think spending more money in places where terrorists are historically much more likely (INFINITELY more likely, I think, as I'm not personally aware of any credible Nebraskan al Qaeda cells) to attack? I think this legislation is kind of nuts, but since GWB and his Republican congress (what ever happened to the legislative branch checking and balancing the executive branch, not taking MARCHING ORDERS from it) enacted it, it must be kosher, right?

I think people are mistaking the decision to invade Iraq with leadership and decisiveness that will protect the mainland USA. As supermoderator Kathianne, a conservative, mentioned earlier, she thinks the war on terror is more important than the war in Iraq. This I think is a very apropos statement regarding the blanket adjectives of "leadership" and "decisiveness" that people use to describe a leader who is very decisive in starting wars that (in hindsight) have nothing to do with national security, but very crazy in enacting sensible mainland counterterrorism legislation.

Cheers.

acw32, Thank you. Too many HAVE forgotten, that song brings it back, the video doesn't hurt either. At the same time, it brings to mind that the protestors, misguided though they may be, are marching close to ground zero, due to the simple fact of how strong and courageous the US is! Just reinforces Guilliani's message last night.

WE LOVE NYC!

Kathianne said:
acw32, Thank you. Too many HAVE forgotten, that song brings it back, the video doesn't hurt either. At the same time, it brings to mind that the protestors, misguided though they may be, are marching close to ground zero, due to the simple fact of how strong and courageous the US is! Just reinforces Guilliani's message last night.

WE LOVE NYC!

Actually, the protestors that marched on Sunday didn't go further South than Harold Square, which is on 14th street. For the laymen, nowhere near ground zero, as Manhattan goes.

nakedemperor said:
Actually, the protestors that marched on Sunday didn't go further South than Harold Square, which is on 14th street. For the laymen, nowhere near ground zero, as Manhattan goes.

Wrong again!

NEW YORK A block from Ground Zero, protesters have been keeping police busy.

About 500 demonstrators set out from the World Trade Center site, in what they called a "death march" to the site of the Republican National Convention.

http://www.kbcitv.com/x5154.xml?Par...4qet8o0.xml&NewsSection=BreakingNewsHeadlines

acw
nakedemperor said:
Well, I think whoever becomes president will do a good job of protecting the "homeland". No one is going to rescind or repeal counterterrorism legislation. What they MIGHT do is propose legislation that makes more sense; did you know that places in rural middle America get more counter-terrorism funding than place like New York and Washington because they funding is on a per-capita basis? As much as I'd like to keep the Nebraska cornfields safe, I think spending more money in places where terrorists are historically much more likely (INFINITELY more likely, I think, as I'm not personally aware of any credible Nebraskan al Qaeda cells) to attack? I think this legislation is kind of nuts, but since GWB and his Republican congress (what ever happened to the legislative branch checking and balancing the executive branch, not taking MARCHING ORDERS from it) enacted it, it must be kosher, right?

I think people are mistaking the decision to invade Iraq with leadership and decisiveness that will protect the mainland USA. As supermoderator Kathianne, a conservative, mentioned earlier, she thinks the war on terror is more important than the war in Iraq. This I think is a very apropos statement regarding the blanket adjectives of "leadership" and "decisiveness" that people use to describe a leader who is very decisive in starting wars that (in hindsight) have nothing to do with national security, but very crazy in enacting sensible mainland counterterrorism legislation.

Cheers.
why can't you just give it up for a change, and remember the 3000 AMERICANS dead HERE, HERE, HERE, instead of keep spewing your BS, :sleep: thats what this thread was about. you make me sad with your analyzing this song. the song was beautiful, it sent chills through me, thanks acw32 :cry:

Stephanie said:
acw
why can't you just give it up for a change, and remember the 3000 AMERICANS dead HERE, HERE, HERE, instead of keep spewing your BS, :sleep: thats what this thread was about. you make me sad with your analyzing this song. the song was beautiful, it sent chills through me, thanks acw32 :cry:

My take. From what I've heard, though I have a hard time understanding, I'll acknowledge the regular media's take, 1/2 of the widows from 9/11, want to thank all the military, government, and American people's opinion that there was a cause for going to war over. The other 1/2 want to comdemn what has been done. I offer, my prayers for those that disagree with the US take on war. I'm sorry that you feel that we are doing the wrong thing. It is my opionion that we must do what the administration thinks is right, though many disagree. In any case, my prayers are for all, regardless of take-all, regardless whether in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Chechya, etc., my prayers are for all.

jimnyc said:
Wrong again!

NEW YORK A block from Ground Zero, protesters have been keeping police busy.

About 500 demonstrators set out from the World Trade Center site, in what they called a "death march" to the site of the Republican National Convention.

http://www.kbcitv.com/x5154.xml?Par...4qet8o0.xml&NewsSection=BreakingNewsHeadlines

Jim -- You're wrong again!

I said on that on SUNDAY (check my post) none of the 100,000+ that dominated much of the media coverage had been anywhere near Ground Zero. On MONDAY, as your article says, 500 people were at Ground Zero. Very few of the oft-reviled protestors were actually near Ground Zero.

Forum List

Back