Very interesting, Proof IMO of some in the Liberal Media being in the tank for OBAMA

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Spence Ackerman on conservatives, “Just call them racists”. Egrets amused [Darleen Click]

It was the moment of greatest peril for then-Sen. Barack Obama’s political career. In the heat of the presidential campaign, videos surfaced of Obama’s pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, angrily denouncing whites, the U.S. government and America itself. Obama had once bragged of his closeness to Wright. Now the black nationalist preacher’s rhetoric was threatening to torpedo Obama’s campaign. [...]

According to records obtained by The Daily Caller, at several points during the 2008 presidential campaign a group of liberal journalists took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage.

In one instance, Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

Really, is this like shocking!1!! or something? Lefties reaching for the race card each time they are losing an argument is just expected. So why does Ackerman encourage such cynical tactics against people he knows are not racist?

Oh, maybe because, as a distraction, it works. Ackerman writes:

I do not endorse a Popular Front, nor do I think you need to. It’s not necessary to jump to Wright-qua-Wright’s defense. What is necessary is to raise the cost on the right of going after the left. In other words, find a rightwinger’s [sic] and smash it through a plate-glass window. Take a snapshot of the bleeding mess and send it out in a Christmas card to let the right know that it needs to live in a state of constant fear. Obviously I mean this rhetorically.

And I think this threads the needle. If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us. Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems? This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction.

these comments were made on a chat site with over 400 Members of the Main stream media and academia as its members. People from CNN, NBC, many Liberal News Papers, and the internet sites used this site to communicate, and thought it would remain private.

We on the right have always known it was the Left MO to call anyone who did not agree with them Racist. They know to do so will usually shut them the hell up. They know even if the person is not racist at all, they will shut the hell up for fear of the label sticking.

Do some research if you want there is to much of this stuff to post it all. I particularly find the parts where they were celebrating Obama's win funny. Anyone who read all the stuff they said and still does not think a large chunk of our main stream media was in the tank for Obama, is just not thinking at all.

Now they are talking about coming up with ways to use their power in government to enect laws to shut Fox News and Talk radio down. Because these cowards can not compete on a fair playing field. so their answer to is to use fear by calling people racist, and Power by trying to shut down the Opposition.

This kind of shit is straight out of The soviet union. Very disturbing.

Last edited:
Hmmm, Rev. Wright?

Wright, gave up his student deferment to join the U.S. Marine Corps. He became part of the 2nd Marine Division

After two years of service, Wright transferred to the U.S. Navy and entered the Corpsman School at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center. After graduating valedictorian, Wright was trained as a cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, graduating salutatorian.

Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with caring for U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson

The White House awarded Wright three letters of commendation

Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. Biography - Biography.com

Is that the Wright you're talking about. Very few Republicans have done so much for this country. Pity.

I don't know what made Wright so angry. The murder of Dr. King? The hundreds of African American men and their wives and children left to suffer the ravages of syphilis for generations from a secret and very dirty government experiment when the GOVERNMENT HAD THE CURE? Rodney King having the shit beat out of him?

But I know that he has served this country. Republicans want to squeeze every cent they can get with their war on the middle class. I know who I believe is "more American".

The so called "liberal" media reported it all. NOT!

The same liberal media that reported "death panels" and "kill grandma". They sure helped "Shirley".

The Myth of the liberal media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeed - you cannot argue the proof of this post.

Much of the media was so in the tank for Obama it was and remains sickening...

___

Others went further. According to records obtained by The Daily Caller, at several points during the 2008 presidential campaign a group of liberal journalists took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage.

...The members began collaborating on their open letter. Jonathan Stein of Mother Jones rejected an early draft, saying, “I’d say too short. In my opinion, it doesn’t go far enough in highlighting the inanity of some of [Gibson's] and [Stephanopoulos’s] questions. And it doesn’t point out their factual inaccuracies …Our friends at Media Matters probably have tons of experience with this sort of thing, if we want their input.”

Read more: Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Forum List

Back