Very Important Message

merlin1047.jpg

:(

dmp said:
Anyone else up for the idea of using this banner, temporarily?
Can you add: Merlin1047 Eternal Moderator? I think it fitting.

dmp said:
Hit CTRL + F5 at the same time.

Got it. Darin, if you can, please add his name. I don't want newbies to think it's for Katrina victims, though that would also be worthy, but Merlin1047 was one of us.

dmp said:
ugh... :(

This hits hard; Somebody let Ben's wife know she and her family are in our prayers and hearts.

:(

Absolutely..My last correspondance with him was him thanking us all for our prayers. I had no idea that would be the last time. :(

Marlin1047 eternal moderator...Actually doing better this time than the previous two excursions into the bowels of the medical establishment.

The thing I had not expected is that there is a twofold challenge to conquering this disease. First, obviously there is the disease itself. Second, there is the need to defend oneself against the stupid bureacracy of the medical system. Those buttwipes will kill you quicker than any cancer would.

NEVER go into a hospital without someone there to look out for your interests.

Still being strong as always!!!

Kathianne said:
Got it. Darin, if you can, please add his name. I don't want newbies to think it's for Katrina victims, though that would also be worthy, but Merlin1047 was one of us.

Strange - I replied to this thread before I left work with the changed banner...now that reply isn't here. :(

Damn.

I really appreciated Merlin's wit, intelligence and outlook. I had many arguments with him, all of which I came away from with a much better understanding of whatever event or development being discussed. He is the gentleman who filled me in on Jimmy Carter, on insurgency tactics, on helicopter warfare applications, on the fallacies of both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian dispute and on reasons why the US cannot, should not and will not get involved everywhere around the world. I cannot overstate the value of his presence on the board, especially for younger people like me who (arguments aside) are really open to new knowledge and views. Merlin brought uncanny analysis to the table at times, and I am sure he used that in real life to his great success and happiness.

His humor, helicopter background and outlook on life really remind me of my own army veteran father. (heck, they even share a passing resemblance). For that reason and many more, having just learned of this right now today, i mourn tonight and have a sudden need to call my father.

Thank you for being an exceptional part of my continuing education in how the world works Merlin.

I pray for him (in heaven, can you imagine the hilarious grief he's giving the angels right now? remember his hilarious posts about his in-laws, military compatriots and common day occurances) and for his family, who I am certain mourns his passing but have rich memories of him to carry on with until they meet in God's kingdom.

Umm.. call me a bit SLOW? But I just realized this after noticing dmp's latest avatar.... .

First - my condolences to his family - I have no doubts he'll be missed by all who knew him..

Secondly, what was the cause and how old was he?

God Speed Merlin....

-Cp said:
Umm.. call me a bit SLOW? But I just realized this after noticing dmp's latest avatar.... .

First - my condolences to his family - I have no doubts he'll be missed by all who knew him..

Secondly, what was the cause and how old was he?

God Speed Merlin....

Don't feel bad. I just noticed the "very important message". I rarely look at the "announcements" part of the board, so i didn't know about this until today.

Kind of ironic he passed away on 9/11.

Merlin was one of the coolest guys here. I liked his humor and wit as well. He'd make me laugh, seemingly when i really needed it.

God needed a pilot. Say hi to Earnhardt for me!

May God bless and keep you Merlin1047. You were magical and magnificent and all of America will greatly miss one of its most loyal.

I actually spotted a different thread a few days back. Didn't catch this until today.

First off, please send my prayers and condolences to Ben's family. I conversed with him a bit from time to time and enjoyed it completly. Hate it when anyone you get to know passes on. He is moved on to a better place.

Paid my final respects to him personally as I added to his rep one last time. Glad to see that his membership will remain and the banner was an awesome idea.

Semper Fi Merlin1047 (Ben)

Phil

Forum List

Back