Very Happy New Year For Fox News...

They own 49% of NBC, while Comcast owns 51%........Which means Comcast owns controlling interest in NBC not GE.

I would also rather have an American company own part of it, than a Saudi Prince. Just saying.

That's your point about NBC. 49% Ownership means nothing. Ok. And GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt being your guy's "Jobs Czar" means nothing either right? Whatever. :lol:

Never said it meant nothing, just wanted to point out what an idiot you are.

Well you did a very poor job of pointing that out. GE owns NBC and always has. And your guy in the White House is in bed with them. Yet you still trust them for your 'News?' Jeffrey Immelt his "Jobs Czar?" Man,that shit still cracks me up.

Let the spittle-spewing begin. Fox News-Hater Wingnuts are funny.

I used to joke that Osama bin Laden was probably hiding out all these years at MSNBC, since nobody ever looks there for anything. The latest cable TV ratings bear this out. Fox News is killing everybody, taking the top 13 places in the ratings. Turns out that even re-runs of the O’Reilly Factor do better than MSNBC’s best show.

Ratings-copy.jpg

Two notes: Fox typically does better in election years, so look for their numbers to swell as we approach November. Along with it, listen for the wailing of the Left about how awful this is; it will probably reach North Korean dimensions. Second, Fox Business shows are at the bottom of the ratings heap. It never really has taken off as a rival to CNBC. In some cases it may be because the channel is not carried by a local cable system? I’m not sure.

Meanwhile, if you want a good yuck, check out the Thrills McMatthews Twitter feed, described as someone who “Sold my soul to the devil in past life and now forced to serve eternity as an msnbc intern.” It contains gems such as:

#MSNBC brass told me to wish the 99% a very Mao-y Christmas.

Just got a card from Andrea @Mitchellreports wishing me a “Fair & Evenly Distributed Non-Specific Holiday”

Awkward moment in #msnbc newsroom after @AlexWagner &@RichardWolffeDC showed up wearing the same hemp skirt.

Happy New Year for Fox News | Power Line

This isn't "Politics" it's Media. Moved

Main Stream Media is pathetic.

Don't sweat it. Pauli never engages anyone in a conversation. All he does is post nonsensical rants and then bumps his own posts so he can win "teh interwebs".

He's not worth your time.

Nice. Now go get more 'News' from Whoopie Goldberg's farts and that weird Maddcow chick. Enjoy. :badgrin:

See what I mean guys?

No,what do you mean? I'm sure you do get most of your 'News' from Whoopie Goldberg farts on The View and those weirdos at NBC. I think i nailed you perfectly.

Uh yea,you got some spittle on your chin there. lol! Most people who hate Fox News are the same kooks who get their 'News' from Whoopie Goldberg's farts on The View. Or from that creepy 'Thrill up my Leg' dude at NBC. So spare me the high-horse shyte. I'm not buying it.

Hilarious. You think Arab owned Fox news is "honest"?

More than half this list they reported as "fact".

http://www.usmessageboard.com/humor...y-gop-in-no-particular-order.html#post4611249

Fox is the ONLY news station I ever heard of that sued for the right to lie.

Hey, dwerp, think Obama will be taking another two hundred million dollar a day trip anytime soon?

2636744394_3a1e8df25c.jpg

fox-20080702-redicliffe.jpg

Look at the Fox "news" fascination with pictures. Either they alter them or they use the wrong ones all together.

Here, maybe this will help:

Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One stands out:

67% of Fox viewers believed that the "U.S. has found clear evidence in Iraq that Saddam Hussein was working closely with the al Qaeda terrorist organization". Hilarious! Fucking Hilarious!

:lol: How those Whoopie Goldberg 'News' farts taste? Lay off The View son. Dumb shyte. Just dumb. :cuckoo:

That should become the Fox byline: The truth is dumb.

rdean where in the world do you get your information from?

Fox news is owned by Rupert Murdoch - an Aussie. A conservative & has control of fox news.
The Saudi prince owns only 7% of the stock. Also a conservative, by the way and if this news is right (which I doubt) he donated 1 million to the republicans.

Fox News is killing everybody…

Um, you are aware of the fact that TV ratings are neither scientific nor accurate; to attempt to extrapolate, for example, that a majority of Americans are ‘conservative’ and agree with ‘conservative’ dogma because Fox has higher ratings is ignorant and idiotic.
Indeed. That's why we don't say that. We point to this poll instead.

Of course, liberals think Americans are stupid and don't know what they believe, so they don't believe the poll.

What is the average age of Fox viewers? Like 90?

Sponge Bob Square Pants gets more viewers than Fox and even end up better informed.

What this shows is not how great Arab owned Fox is, but how pathetic American viewership of politics is.

Republicans could prop up a dead guy and Americans wouldn't notice until a week before the elections.

Most Americans are at work for 8 to 10 hours a day. Then they go home and spend time with their families. If America was a little more focused on what Republican were doing, the Republicans would have zero credibility. You can't just lie all the time and get away with it. Pretty soon, like with the boy who cried wolf, everyone stops listening.
Thanks for proving my assertion: Liberals think Americans are stupid.

Hate the truth? :eusa_eh:

The fact that really, really, really stupid people like Lovebears trust Fox doesn't bother me. It is what it is.

Are you really saying that most of the MSM doesn't treat Obama like he's a Saint? Because i see very few in Media ever criticizing him. In fact i usually see just the opposite. Lots & lots of that cheereading worship stuff. And this is obviously especially true at CNN & NBC.

I... don't think your questions are quite on target.

It's as if I said "I have a headache" and you responded with "Are you really saying you don't like soccer?"

Tell me, do you think TruthMatters and rdean are stupid?

So 49% GE Ownership of NBC means they don't own NBC? Well then i guess it's time to end our little discussion. Because you have clearly partaken of too many Whoopie Goldberg 'News' farts and 'Thrill up my Leg' NBC madness,to be taken seriously. :cuckoo:

Your claim was that GE currently owns NBC and always has.

That is a lie.

Fox News is killing everybody…

Um, you are aware of the fact that TV ratings are neither scientific nor accurate; to attempt to extrapolate, for example, that a majority of Americans are ‘conservative’ and agree with ‘conservative’ dogma because Fox has higher ratings is ignorant and idiotic.
Indeed. That's why we don't say that. We point to this poll instead.

Of course, liberals think Americans are stupid and don't know what they believe, so they don't believe the poll.

Bingo! :dance: Yes,smart Liberals are too busy watching Whoopie Goldberg farting on The View and that 'Thrill up my Leg' freak on NBC to pay attention to facts. They're so smart.

So 49% GE Ownership of NBC means they don't own NBC? Well then i guess it's time to end our little discussion. Because you have clearly partaken of too many Whoopie Goldberg 'News' farts and 'Thrill up my Leg' NBC madness,to be taken seriously. :cuckoo:

That is a lie.

Yes we know,GE has nothing to do with NBC Ownership. You've already made that claim. And you're still just as full of shyte as you were then. :cuckoo:

That is a lie.

Yes we know,GE has nothing to do with NBC Ownership. You've already made that claim. And you're still just as full of shyte as you were then. :cuckoo:

Except that I am right and you were lying.

rdean where in the world do you get your information from?

Fox news is owned by Rupert Murdoch - an Aussie. A conservative & has control of fox news.
The Saudi prince owns only 7% of the stock. Also a conservative, by the way and if this news is right (which I doubt) he donated 1 million to the republicans.

But there is strong evidence that bin Talal has directly influenced Fox News content in the past.

As WND reported, during violent street protests involving Muslim immigrants in France in 2005, the Saudi prince persuaded Murdoch to change a screen banner that identified the unrest as “Muslim riots.”

“I picked up the phone and called Murdoch (and told him) these are not Muslim riots, these are riots out of poverty,” bin Talal said. “Within 30 minutes, the title was changed from ‘Muslim riots’ to ‘civil riots.’ ”

Fox News has acknowledged it changed the banner after receiving complaints from unnamed Muslims abroad. It has not denied bin Talal’s influence in its internal operations.

Bin Talal isn’t the only member of the ruling Saudi elite bankrolling CAIR.

Why does Fox News promote terror-tied, FBI-shunned group?

Actually, that's only part of the story. Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, on the surface, may seem like a small stake holder, but his 7% helps protect Murdoch from a "hostile" takeover. What that does is give him enormous power within that company. To the point where he boasts he has changed programming.

In an awkward moment on Fox News this week, a pundit suggested that a member of the Saudi royal family who has supported the bridge-building work of the imam behind a planned Muslim community center and mosque in Lower Manhattan “funds radical madrasas all over the world.” The awkwardness came from the fact — unmentioned by anyone on the Fox set — that the same Saudi, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, also happens to be the second-largest shareholder in News Corp., the parent company of the Fox News Channel.

Saudi Royal Backs Imam and Fox News - NYTimes.com

The fortunes of the two men will continue to intertwine as Murdoch continues to invest in Alwaleed’s Rotana Media Group, which is fast becoming the largest media group in the Middle East. Murdoch's American swill will not play well in the Middle East for obvious reasons.

Murdoch is from Australia. Why the right wing sees him as "one of them" is a mystery to me. I suspect he will play one tune here in America and one tune in the Middle East.

I also get my info from:

Government statistics

Science

Libraries

Credible news sources

Don't forget the Internet. You can find out all kinds of things from the Internet. It's not all loony rightwing bullshit. Of course, to the right wing, anything they disagree with is a lie. There is no merit to anything. They either agree with it or not. Black and white. Up or down. No "in between".
If I'm saying anything mistaken, correct it. But 99% of right wingers won't bother. They just scream liar if they don't agree and that is that.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what's up with that crazy Maddcow chick on NBC? Seriously,WTF?

(Strange to see someone posting from powerlineblog besides me. What attracted me to their blog before 2005 was their scholarly insight into the political situation and their ability to control the English language as precisely as they did. Paul Mirengoff has moved on, unfortunately....
The reason Fox is doing so well is a reflection of the number of people that flock to it seeking comfort, solace and relief from the social and economic chaos that the current administration is sowing across this country. Does it bode well for the Republicans this November? Quite possibly. Can it counteract the almost iron fisted control the Obama Administration wields across the Fourth Estate and its slavish collusion with the president? Can it counteract Obama's billion dollar re election war chest? You can buy and spread a lot of lies with a billion dollars.
Suppose Obama wins re election but the Republicans gain an impeachable majority in the Senate and retain or even augment their control of the House? Most assuredly, impeachment will be the order of the day for the first two years with precious little time to devote to anything else.

Most Fox viewers, though turn to Fox for relief and refuge from this, something that had been completely unavailable when Walter cronkite announced "The War is lost!" after he'd spent years and thousands of dollars agitating against it)

"Those of us who follow the news closely often forget that probably 80% of the adult population (seen as 85% some time ago, but likely lower than that thanks to New Media and the Tea Party movement) is relatively disengaged. They are, at best, passive consumers of news who either legitimately don’t have the time to do their own independent research, or don’t care to.

If we had a responsible establishment press dedicated to informing the public in a fair and balanced way, this would not necessarily be a big problem. But we don’t, and it is.

In 2011, passive news consumers were extremely ill served, as the leftist legacy media seemed to almost completely abandon any pretense of objectivity or fairness left over from its disgraceful collective performance in 2010.

Why did this happen? Beyond the normal factors, 2011 saw White House thuggery directed at a press corps already inclined to reflexively parrot its positions reach previously unseen heights.

To name just three examples:
•In March, Orlando Sentinel reporter Scott Powers, sent to cover a fundraiser involving Vice President Joe Biden and Florida Senator Bill Nelson, was confined in a closet “to keep him from mingling with high-powered guests.” Sentinel editors “dropped the story.”
•In April, the White House banished San Francisco Chronicle reporter Carla Marinucci “for using a video camera to capture an event.” The paper was “threatened with more punishment if they reported on it.” Chronicle Editor at Large Phil Bronstein called the White House’s subsequent attempt to deny it all “a pants-on-fire moment.” Press coverage elsewhere was scant.
•In May, the White House Press Office “refused to give the Boston Herald full access to President Obama’s Boston fund-raiser” because it objected “to the newspaper’s front page placement of a Mitt Romney op-ed.” The shutout was virtually ignored.

In a mid-May editorial, Investor’s Business Daily called out the press for failing to stand up for it own, and correctly characterized the White House’s actions as baby steps “toward state control of the media, using the carrot of access against the stick of exile.”

Nothing has changed. In December, a Washington Post item noted that “when a reporter gets something wrong or is perceived as being too aggressive, the pushback is often swift and sometimes at top volume” (including heavy doses of profanity). What do you guys expect when you just sit there and take it — something you would never do under a conservative or Republican administration?

It’s reasonable to believe that the constant threats of White House pushback and especially of access denial significantly drove this year’s extraordinarily negligent coverage of the administration’s scandals, corruption, policy failures, and misleading statements. What follows are just ten out of dozens of this year’s worst examples of media malfeasance. Except for the final two, which are clearly this year’s most egregious, they are in no particular order. In most cases, there was no press coverage, or no further coverage, of the items cited.

1. “I am (possibly) the greatest.” In a 60 Minutes interview with the president which aired on December 11, CBS failed to include Obama’s preposterous claim about his accomplishments to date: “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history.” Note well that the superiority of the three other gentlemen cited is only “possible.”

2. “Taunt a Republican for me.” In early December, an Obama for America campaign email asked supporters to in effect taunt their Republican acquaintances when donating by providing their email addresses so that OFA could do it for them in their name. Two days later, OFA added the ability to taunt anonymously"

PJ Media » Ten 2011 Examples of Major Media Malfeasance

(And refuge from this. But Mike Lupica, in the NY Daily News said exactly the same thing in todays paper. Are these Liberals eating out of the same bowl of Cheerios, sucking off the same sow's teat, or reading from the same script handed down from on high? Well I did flunk all the mind reading courses I took in school. Maybe that's why?)

"Why do I get the feeling Obama’s infamous “bitter clingers” quote resonated strongly with Mitchell?

“The rap on Iowa: It doesn’t represent the rest of the country, too white, too evangelical, too rural. Still here, politics are personal,”"

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » NBC News’ Andrea Mitchell Not Hiding Her Elitist Liberal Views: Iowa “Too White, Too Evangelical, Too Rural”…

Last edited:

Forum List

Back