Very frustrated regarding Cancun vacation.

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
My wife and I are supposed to be going to Cancun Sunday.

Tropical Storm Ida is supposed to arrive at Cancun Sunday with 60 mph winds.

Two airlines already gave waivers, however, our airlines, Northworst has not done so yet.

To change it without the waiver we have to pay a $200 penalty plus we will be bumped down from our first class seat.

The hotel is fine with us postponing.

This is extremely frustrating. We keep calling Northworst to see if they gave the waiver of the penalty yet. They haven't.

Thanks for letting me vent.

be nice but keep after northwest...it would help to get a "help" person involved..northwest doesnt want the bad pb..keep at it...you will get your waiver..

What's a "help" person?

Actually we learned from expedia that every airlines, except for northwest so far, has issued a waiver to Cancun.

o you know a help person ...you call when you are getting fucked....normally a coloumnist in a newspaper....i know the travel mags have them...

Thanks. It's really stressful.

The storm is supposed to hit Cancun Sunday afternoon. The flight is supposed to land at 1:15 pm on Sunday. It's supposed to be 60mph winds according to weather.com.

The storm intensified. As of 10 am it's 60 mph, and it's supposed to be 70 mph when it hits cancun tomorrow morning.

My wife and I are supposed to be going to Cancun Sunday.

Tropical Storm Ida is supposed to arrive at Cancun Sunday with 60 mph winds.

Two airlines already gave waivers, however, our airlines, Northworst has not done so yet.

To change it without the waiver we have to pay a $200 penalty plus we will be bumped down from our first class seat.

The hotel is fine with us postponing.

This is extremely frustrating. We keep calling Northworst to see if they gave the waiver of the penalty yet. They haven't.

Thanks for letting me vent.

So, I assume that you are going for a week vacation? And I doubt you will be posting on USMB poolside?

Man! Next week is going to SUCK without CMike around!

Well...I made a big stink and got my flight changed to the following week for a nominal fee.

The main cost was the hotel. There was no penalty, but the rates went up starting the following week. I had to pay $680 more. I wanted to retain the master suite.

I am glad I did it. What fun would it be anyway to vacation during a severe tropical storm that is pretty close to a hurricane.

It's supposed to be 70 mph winds. A category I hurricane is 75 mph winds.

Thanks for all your advice.

Ida is supposed to become a hurricane overnight and hit Cancun Sunday afternoon with 80 mph winds.

Well, I moved my trip a week. We will be leaving this Sunday . The weather should be a lot nicer.

We will be at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach.

Well...I made a big stink and got my flight changed to the following week for a nominal fee.

The main cost was the hotel. There was no penalty, but the rates went up starting the following week. I had to pay $680 more. I wanted to retain the master suite.

I am glad I did it. What fun would it be anyway to vacation during a severe tropical storm that is pretty close to a hurricane.

It's supposed to be 70 mph winds. A category I hurricane is 75 mph winds.

Thanks for all your advice.

I like storms....never been in a hurricane, but if I was bunkered down safely, I think it would be cool......I especially like the beach right after a big storm, so many cool things wash up.....

When we retire, I gotta live closer to the ocean....

I wouldn't like flying through one or landing in one.

It was weird the flight took off and landed on time.

The hurricane was passing over cancun just about the same time the hurricane was about to hit.

Apparently, it didn't last that long, and the hurricane continued north to the US. I believe it now hit Alabama as a tropical storm.

I learned a lot about hurricanes and storms.

Forum List

Back