Very cool reception for Obama at West Point.

:rolleyes:

I found the video on the appropriately named blog, "Shallow Nation."

Only bothered with the first couple of minutes but Obama got a much warmer welcome than the head of West Point.

YouTube - Pr. Obama West Point (1) Military Academy Commencement Address

sounds ice cold to me. why are the cadets stiff as boards??? lets see how they reacted to Bush

[youtube]0TgLYLuDjlY[/youtube]

a standing O ????​

every been to a service academy graduation?

I reckon not.:cuckoo:

You might know something about this, huh?

I'd say he got much more than a "warmer applause" It's a powerful thing when they play that patriotic music. The trappings and symbols of office are just overwhelming. PatheticPhil is a moron.

I'd say it's really "much ado about nothing".

yep. and you'd be right.

later, I've got to go down to the Post Office and salute the flag. :cool:

every been to a service academy graduation?

I reckon not.:cuckoo:

I sat through four of them

I'll bet the best one was the one where the view eventually included Annapolis in your rear view mirror.

My dad was a USMA guy, so I've always heard that was the fold wisdom. I was an ROTC guy, so I would have been more than happy to stay in college and party.

I visited Annapolis in the Fall of '05 to watch them beat the shit out of Tulane.

Ouch.

West Point graduation ceremony reveals how far out of touch Obama has become with the American people. Just watch the audience reactions to his attempts at getting applause....other than some canned applause from the cadets.....there was very little.

How does it compare to past presidents giving commencement speeches at West Point?

I sat through four of them

I'll bet the best one was the one where the view eventually included Annapolis in your rear view mirror.

My dad was a USMA guy, so I've always heard that was the fold wisdom. I was an ROTC guy, so I would have been more than happy to stay in college and party.

I visited Annapolis in the Fall of '05 to watch them beat the shit out of Tulane.

Ouch.

It's funny. I was just thinking about who all gave the commencement addresses while I was there, and I can't even remember who my OWN class's speaker was (I was pretty hung over), but I really remember Admiral Tom Moorer, CJCS, giving the commencement address for the class of '69. In it he said, "at a lot of campuses around America these days, you see kids holding up signs saying Make Love, Not War... I want to remind all you members of the class of '69 that you are about to join a fraternity that does both" I'll NEVER forget it!:lol:

To be honest, I can't really tell what you are talking about. The response to the President's entry was pretty loud. Especially compared to the Superintendent, whom I am sure the parent's have a high regard for.

Watch the whole speech.

Allow me to burst your bubble.

These graduations, as with all graduations, are scripted and rehearsed events. There are cues to follow. The idea is to make the cadets and parents enjoy themselves, feel proud of their accomplishments and go toward their future on a high note.

So it is intended that you hear them cheering when West Point is mentioned (we want them to be proud of West Point) but you don't hear the crowd so much during the normal course of the speeches. Mics are turned on and off. Excitement is built...yada, yada, yada. Think of it as a mini Broadway Play...for the benefit of the cadets, not the President.

Shame on those that would make the cadets feel that their service is somehow cheapened because of who is or is not president.

We now return you to your normally scheduled Obama bash.

West Point graduation ceremony reveals how far out of touch Obama has become with the American people. Just watch the audience reactions to his attempts at getting applause....other than some canned applause from the cadets.....there was very little.

Uhm. STFU.

President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama III, is Commander in Chief of The Armed Forces of the United States of America.

He's not running for home coming queen.

Uhm. No.

Barack Hussein Obama was giving a campaign speech with dramatic pauses for applause and didn't get shit. Sucks to be a Democrat...:lol:...aways pissed off, always pessimistic, always full of self loathing...why don't you go buy another self help book, a tub of Ben and Jerry's and put on another 20lbs or so....you'll feel so much better

Do you really need a link to Bush talking to cadet's and getting the same type reaction. These are not frat boys he is talking too. Are you ths dense in real life?

It has to suck being you thinking you got something here.

You can almost picture someone who knows what these affairs are like but are counting on the STUPIDITY of those who do not in order to start a Right Wing talking point about how the West Point cadets are "cool" to Obama. They sure know their suckers....I mean...audience, don't they? :lol::lol::lol:

their cold as ice in front of this fake. always will be

Yep.

They look pretty cold here.

Time%20cover%20on%20war-thumb-340x449.jpg

And here.

President Barack Obama Afghanistan speech-West Point Academy(Video)

It's funny. I was just thinking about who all gave the commencement addresses while I was there, and I can't even remember who my OWN class's speaker was (I was pretty hung over), but I really remember Admiral Tom Moorer, CJCS, giving the commencement address for the class of '69. In it he said, "at a lot of campuses around America these days, you see kids holding up signs saying Make Love, Not War... I want to remind all you members of the class of '69 that you are about to join a fraternity that does both" I'll NEVER forget it!:lol:

That's pretty funny.

God, I saw through some awful speeches in my time in the service. The worst had to be our pre-deployment speech delivered by the Governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle. I have nothing against Lingle, she was just a terrible speaker (or gave a boring speech) (or maybe it was the fact that after the speech we were off for the day and all had plans to hit the beach, get drunk, and get laid (though not necessarily in that order)).

Either way. The best speech I heard was given by my Battalion Commander after a Battalion run in the rain. He said something like "That was hard, but we like it hard." The entire Battalion just started laughing. He was a good sport about it too. He was a good boss.

their cold as ice in front of this fake. always will be

not according to MY classmates and friends still on active duty.

This says it all. End this dumb thread.

Who is the idiot OP who started this anyway? It is obvious he knows nothing about military etiquette.
By the way, thank you for your service CDR. Because of you, idiots like Namvet can post tripe.

God bless America.

Forum List

Back