Very cool reception for Obama at West Point.

:rolleyes:

I found the video on the appropriately named blog, "Shallow Nation."

Only bothered with the first couple of minutes but Obama got a much warmer welcome than the head of West Point.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEvKKHWI2o&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Pr. Obama West Point (1) Military Academy Commencement Address[/ame]

Not for much longer....it all comes to an end....that's whats so good about our system of government....all we have to do is wait.

Yeah, that's how I felt about Bush.

Unfortunately, I had to deal with the fall out from the stupidity of the Bush Administration for my total time in service.

Just as these newly minted 2nd Lt's will have to deal with the fallout of the stupidity of the Obama Administration for the next 10 years.

And what exactly is that stupidity? I don't deny your point, but I can't really think of a singular act Obama has done during the past year to incur the massive dissaproval of the rank and file. He's basically deferred to the SECDEF and Admiral Mullens.

If I were a family member listening to the President address my soon to be 2LT son or daughter. I'd be listening intently to see if I could figure out what the future held.

Maybe you forget that these young officers will most likely be in the combat zone within the next couple of years.

These are serious times for these 2LTs and their families.

Doesn't matter what you think Patek, at the end of the day, Barack Obama is the Commander in Chief.

No he's not. It's obvious that he is, in fact, the homecoming queen whose only value can be measured by the applause-o-meter. Duh!

That's how Barack rolls....
Funny how so many of the service members I knew were embarrased to have Clinton's sig on their commissions. After talking with some of my friends still on active duty...they feel the same way about Obama!
Now we have teachers saying the President's middle name is "derogatory" and "insulting" when printed in a text book.
What kind of fucked up country is this?

The military and liberals obviously have a differing sets of views...values if you will...is this what your saying Polk? If so...what's different?

and rdean....I will not comment on your lunatic rantings.

From the very beginning, the truth has been "lunatic rantings" to one such as you. No wonder your kind are so scared. The divide between delusion and reality can be terrifying. However, there is help. Professionals where you can get much needed insight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEvEY_rKuIQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - US Military Officers Pressuring Troops To Convert To Christianity[/ame]

Right-Wing Extremist Group on Active Military Duty : Veterans Today

- Growing evidence of extremists in U.S. military, photo of active duty Oath Keeper in Mosul, Iraq -
by Rob Waters and the Southern Poverty Law Center on AlterNet - Oath Keepers, the militia/“Patriot” extremist group made up of law enforcement officers, military personnel and veterans, has posted a photo on its site showing (it says) “an active duty Oath Keeper in Mosul, Iraq” wearing two Velcro-attached “tabs” or patches, one saying “Oath Keeper” and the other “Three percent.”

aaOathKeeperActive.jpg

HUTAREE.COM

Ex-Members of U.S. Military Were Members of Hutaree Militia Extremist Group - Declassified Blog - Newsweek.com

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
Mohandas Gandhi

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viHcNGfBixE&feature=related]YouTube - Christian extremists disrupt a Hindu payer at the senate[/ame]

To be honest, I can't really tell what you are talking about. The response to the President's entry was pretty loud. Especially compared to the Superintendent, whom I am sure the parent's have a high regard for.

Yeah, that's how I felt about Bush.

Unfortunately, I had to deal with the fall out from the stupidity of the Bush Administration for my total time in service.

Just as these newly minted 2nd Lt's will have to deal with the fallout of the stupidity of the Obama Administration for the next 10 years.

And what exactly is that stupidity? I don't deny your point, but I can't really think of a singular act Obama has done during the past year to incur the massive dissaproval of the rank and file. He's basically deferred to the SECDEF and Admiral Mullens.

If I were a family member listening to the President address my soon to be 2LT son or daughter. I'd be listening intently to see if I could figure out what the future held.

Maybe you forget that these young officers will most likely be in the combat zone within the next couple of years.

These are serious times for these 2LTs and their families.

Obama has and will continue to embrace Bush's policies....that's for starters....the second is the current gutting of the military. I didn't forget anything...I do remember that Obama said he woud do many things differently yet I still see Bush in the White House.

“an active duty Oath Keeper in Mosul, Iraq” wearing two Velcro-attached “tabs” or patches, one saying “Oath Keeper” and the other “Three percent.”
aaOathKeeperActive.jpg

To me, this picture translates to: "I am a loser who doesn't have a "Ranger" or "Special Forces" tab to stick on my left shoulder.

And no unit patch either.

At any rate, "special" merit badges aren't regulation. I'll bet this soldier sticks this on when the NCOs aren't looking.

Last edited:
I listened to about a half hour of the speech before my eyes glazed over and I couldn't stomach any more. Even for Obama this was a dispassionate, uninspiring, and nonedifying litany of pretty sounding words that said nothing and did not suggest even a smigeon of conviction. Monotone, boring, and so little substance the reporters are going to have a tough time coming up with any interesting sound bites. There was one short round of tepid applause during the time I listened.

Ugh.

West Point graduation ceremony reveals how far out of touch Obama has become with the American people. Just watch the audience reactions to his attempts at getting applause....other than some canned applause from the cadets.....there was very little.

Uhm. STFU.

President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama III, is Commander in Chief of The Armed Forces of the United States of America.

He's not running for home coming queen.

Uhm. No.

Barack Hussein Obama was giving a campaign speech with dramatic pauses for applause and didn't get shit. Sucks to be a Democrat...:lol:...aways pissed off, always pessimistic, always full of self loathing...why don't you go buy another self help book, a tub of Ben and Jerry's and put on another 20lbs or so....you'll feel so much better

I'm not a Democrat. I am rarely pissed off (your posts seem mostly to be those of a pissed off loser). I don't like Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (and I'm from Boston/Cambridge/Somerville :eek:), and I never bought a self help book, but I
bet you have. :lol:

Doesn't matter what you think Patek, at the end of the day, Barack Obama is the Commander in Chief.

Not for much longer....it all comes to an end....that's whats so good about our system of government....all we have to do is wait.

Wait and moan, and get pissed off, and put on 20 pounds eating your cheap store brand chips and ice cream and beer,,,

Obama has and will continue to embrace Bush's policies....that's for starters....

So, you admit those policies were wrong-headed?

I agree Obama is following Bush's timeline fro getting out of Iraq. However, Bush only made that timeline when he was pressured to do so. The end result of getting us out of Iraq is the bottom line. That's what Obama was elected (in part to do). He's getting that done.

the second is the current gutting of the military.

How has he "gutted" the military? The budget is the same. He has supported Gates' (whom I have a high regard for and did so while he served under Bush) push to eliminate unneeded military projects. That means less money to R&D for a platform that is of little use on the modern battlefield and more money for items that are actually in the fight.

I might buy your claim if this was at Colorado Springs since the AF is pissed off about the 22. However, this is West Point. The Army can use the money that is going to be saved from not funding the Raptor.

I didn't forget anything...I do remember that Obama said he woud do many things differently yet I still see Bush in the White House.

So, did you support Bush? If so, what is the rub as far as the military is concerned?

West Point graduation ceremony reveals how far out of touch Obama has become with the American people. Just watch the audience reactions to his attempts at getting applause....other than some canned applause from the cadets.....there was very little.

This is horseshit, and not even new horseshit. The wingnuts try this lie every time Obama is anywhere speaking to his troops.

This is horseshit, and not even new horseshit. The wingnuts try this lie every time Obama is anywhere speaking to his troops.

Good point.

Only bothered with the first couple of minutes but Obama got a much warmer welcome than the head of West Point.

[youtube]7MEvKKHWI2o[/youtube]

I'd say he got much more than a "warmer applause" It's a powerful thing when they play that patriotic music. The trappings and symbols of office are just overwhelming. PatheticPhil is a moron.

cincobama.png

President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama III, is Commander in Chief of The Armed Forces of the United States of America.

Last edited:

YouTube - Pr. Obama West Point (1) Military Academy Commencement Address

sounds ice cold to me. why are the cadets stiff as boards??? lets see how they reacted to Bush

[youtube]0TgLYLuDjlY[/youtube]

a standing O ????​

Wow. They were so stoked they even forgot their covers and brought their cameras!

Oh wait. That wasn't a commencement ceremony.

Gee, there might be a difference here...........

Like I said, this address was a more formal affair.

But if you want to draw comparisons, you can look at the picture of Obama at West Point when he made a similar speech that was on the cover of Time Magazine where he is surrounded by cadets with cameras.

Last edited:

YouTube - Pr. Obama West Point (1) Military Academy Commencement Address

sounds ice cold to me. why are the cadets stiff as boards??? lets see how they reacted to Bush

a standing O ????​

every been to a service academy graduation?

I reckon not.:cuckoo:

[youtube]7MEvKKHWI2o[/youtube]YouTube - Pr. Obama West Point (1) Military Academy Commencement Address[/url]

a standing O ????​

Bush is NOT speaking to the graduating class at commencement. :cuckoo:

and there is not the same sense of urgency and stuff after all these years. you're a loser using the military as a shield to attack the CinC

Last edited:

Forum List

Back