Very cool reception for Obama at West Point.

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
West Point graduation ceremony reveals how far out of touch Obama has become with the American people. Just watch the audience reactions to his attempts at getting applause....other than some canned applause from the cadets.....there was very little.

I had to switch the channel. I can't stomach listening to Obama hector graduates, especially ones who are headed for military service.

I'm not gardening Patek, can I see a link? Especially concerning the whole "cool" audience part.

Obama Outlines National Security Strategy - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Eight years after President George W. Bush came to the United States Military Academy to set a new course for American security in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, Mr. Obama used the same setting to offer a revised doctrine, one that vowed no retreat against American enemies while seeking “national renewal and global leadership.”

“Yes, we are clear-eyed about the shortfalls of our international system,” the president told graduating cadets. “But America has not succeeded by stepping outside the currents of international cooperation. We have succeeded by steering those currents in the direction of liberty and justice – so nations thrive by meeting their responsibilities, and face consequences when they don’t.”

FOXNews.com - Obama to West Point Graduates: Al Qaeda Threat Not Going Away Soon

Obama,delivering the commencement speech at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., told graduating cadets that "there will be difficult days ahead" in Afghanistan."

"But we will adapt, we will persist, and I have no doubt that together with our Afghan and international partners, we will succeed in Afghanistan," the commander in chief said.

So easy a caveman can do it. And I'm not even the OP.

Eight years after President George W. Bush came to the United States Military Academy to set a new course for American security in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, Mr. Obama used the same setting to offer a revised doctrine, one that vowed no retreat against American enemies while seeking “national renewal and global leadership.”

“Yes, we are clear-eyed about the shortfalls of our international system,” the president told graduating cadets. “But America has not succeeded by stepping outside the currents of international cooperation. We have succeeded by steering those currents in the direction of liberty and justice – so nations thrive by meeting their responsibilities, and face consequences when they don’t.”

FOXNews.com - Obama to West Point Graduates: Al Qaeda Threat Not Going Away Soon

Obama,delivering the commencement speech at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., told graduating cadets that "there will be difficult days ahead" in Afghanistan."

"But we will adapt, we will persist, and I have no doubt that together with our Afghan and international partners, we will succeed in Afghanistan," the commander in chief said.

I was referring to the "cool" audience part. I'm not questioning that he spoke at West Point.

I was referring to the "cool" audience part. I'm not questioning that he spoke at West Point.

Watch the full length video of the speech....I'm sure it's out there somewhere. They flash to the audience after an applause talking point and the audience looked like they were watching Italian opera.

I'm not gardening Patek, can I see a link? Especially concerning the whole "cool" audience part.

Unbelievable....you all don't know where to find CNN? On your own laptops? Oh that's right..."Lost" is the top headline there....my bad....here

Obama says US needs allies with it in Afghanistan - Yahoo! News

I thought it was the thread starter's responsibility to provide a citation for the news story?

ETA: I can't find any video of it yet...

Unbelievable....you all don't know where to find CNN? On your own laptops? Oh that's right..."Lost" is the top headline there....my bad....here

I thought it was the thread starter's responsibility to provide a citation for the news story?

It is....I can't find any video yet either...but I assumed all of the opinionated liberals here would have watched it but I forgot they all get there news from the internet now....more than likely since the speech didn't bring the house down they won't hear about it.

West Point graduation ceremony reveals how far out of touch Obama has become with the American people. Just watch the audience reactions to his attempts at getting applause....other than some canned applause from the cadets.....there was very little.

Since when is the military officer corps representative of the American public?

It is....I can't find any video yet either...but I assumed all of the opinionated liberals here would have watched it but I forgot they all get there news from the internet now....more than likely since the speech didn't bring the house down they won't hear about it.
When the TV is turned on in my house, most of the time it is tuned to C-Span.

I mean, it's no Fox News, but hey...

Wow...12 posts and the first excuse....anyway the audience filled the stands in the stadium. Hardly a representation of only officers since wives, mothers, brothers, sisters and others were present....in other words a broad cross section of Americans.

The 20 or so people on the stage did applaud at times...but little could be heard from the audience other than when Obama praised the academy itself.

Wow...12 posts an the first excuse....anyway the audience filled the stands in the stadium. Hardly a representation of only officers since wives, mothers, brothers, sisters and others were present....in other words a broad cross section of Americans.

What excuse? I wouldn't expect a fawning response for Obama at a military event for the same reason I wouldn't have expected one for Bush on the campus of an elite university: the crowd is mostly composed of people of a different viewpoint.

And even that's taking your claim at face value. I haven't seen the video, but I know from experience that previous claims of "cool" responses in these sorts of gatherings have been greatly overblown by the right.

There has been a lot of problems in the Military during the last few years. During the Bush Administration, the military became infected with right wing religious extremists. There have been lawsuits and accusations of harassment's and threats.

The Right Wing Republican administration infected everything. Deregulating business, deregulating environmental protections, the Justice system, the EPA, OSHA, foreign policy, two failed wars. It's no surprise they also damaged the military. Add all the right winger lies and smears, a cool reception is certainly no surprise.

Forum List

Back